The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Who's tailgating and what's on the Menu for Opening Night . . . .

Wow, sorry to pass the info along. 
No need to get your feelings hurt TSA, we were just clearing up any potential confusion.  It's all good.  After a long summer, it IS opening night.

Wow, sorry to pass the info along. 
Hey TSA, was this something new?  We have always arrived earlier and attendants drop by and collect our $.  Don't want to !$#!@ up an otherwise awesome day by getting locked out of the lots until 4.

[quote name='PeteMoss wrote:

TSA']Wow, sorry to pass the info along. 

Hey TSA, was this something new?  We have always arrived earlier and attendants drop by and collect our $.  Don't want to !$#!@ up an otherwise awesome day by getting locked out of the lots until 4.

I'm not TSA, but they've always had an "advertised" time that the lots opened.  Like you, I've been there plenty of times much earlier than the official opening time and the parking attendants come around eventually for my $10.

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

PeteMoss wrote:

I'm not TSA, but they've always had an "advertised" time that the lots opened.  Like you, I've been there plenty of times much earlier than the official opening time and the parking attendants come around eventually for my $10.

The lot opening time is when tailgating officially begins.  Anything you do before that is technically pregaming.

[quote name='PeteMoss wrote:

No clue, I've never been there that early so I have no idea if they let people in early or not.  We get the info and just pass it along.  I just happened to glance in this thread and saw some people say they were planning on heading in early so I thought I'd just thought let them know what the press release said.  That's all.

The lot opening time is when tailgating officially begins.  Anything you do before that is technically pregaming.

I like that, kind of a pre-tailgating workout to get primed for the real tailgating.  It's always a good day when you tailgate long enough to cook 2 separate meals.  Yes, I've done that, hot dogs for lunch and steaks for dinner.

Disclaimer: Those were all "lips and hoof" hot dogs and not any kind of Un-American veggie dogs.  

As the husband of a vegetarian, I appreciate the consideration. My wife came into it not as a tree-hugger, but due to traumatic childhood events involving her grandma, a chicken, a cutting block, and my wife letting go and seeing the headless chicken running around with blood spurting. eek.gif  Since then, she will pull the breading off of fried chicken, will eat food cooked with meat or flavored with meat, but not the meat itself. Oh well, more for me and the kids. happy.gif

And yes, this does make life very difficult in the south when eating out - they tend to look at you funny at Cracker Barrel, where even the veggies have meat in them. She gets a lot of fries, mac and cheese, and linguine alfredo; at BBQs, salad and beans are most common, plus she makes an awesome macaroni salad! Hope to get a chance to tailgate sometime this year.

As the husband of a vegetarian, I appreciate the consideration. My wife came into it not as a tree-hugger, but due to traumatic childhood events involving her grandma, a chicken, a cutting block, and my wife letting go and seeing the headless chicken running around with blood spurting. eek.gif 

Look at it this way; more meat for you.

Interesting story.  I guess it basically boils down to the difference between boys and girls.  A boy would have said "Cool" and told all his friends about the headless chicken running around.  A girl is traumatized for life.

Well, in a surprising twist, I found out this morning that my husband and I are going to be able to fly over from Belgium and catch the first two games of the season...so I'm ecstatic just to be able to post in this thread!  If he makes it back from his day trip up to Philly and back in time to tailgate, it will probably be some Bojangles.  If not, we should be able to at least have a beer in the lot and then pick up a BBQ sandwich in the RBC.  I cannot freaking wait!
Belgium?  And here I thought I had this corner of Europe covered for the Caniac nation.  I'm in Germany right on the border on the Netherlands and Belgium.  Would be nice to be at a game this year, but I don't think I will be able to make it back for anything but a SCF game.  smile.gif

i wont be there tomorrow. my first game this season is 11/13 against the islanders.

as far as what's for dinner tomorrow? lots of beer and probably pizza. man, i love this time of the year.

are there threads on this board for games other than canes? looking to chat with others about this caps/bruins game that's on
Game day threads are normally found on those team's discussion forums.

Exhibit A : " If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them so tasty?"

s7001833.jpg

Exhibit  B/C: This pic may bring a tear to the eye of all real Americans.  It depicts all that is right in the world.

A - laugh.gif ... I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought it up, that logic could be taken several different ways and be just as wrong roll.gif

B - Is that someone cooking a foot... cause that's what it looks like at the far left sick.gif

C - Such a tiny beer cup... tisk tisk

I am just giving you a hard time btw wink.gif

Sadly I will not be able to make it to any games for tailgating until the SAJ game at the end of the month. But I plan on having a truly righteous cookout.

PS: Regarding the hot dogs, I personally like the hebrew nationals, keeping it kosher is a bit safer with the mystery sausages.

B - Is that someone cooking a foot... cause that's what it looks like at the far left sick.gif

I am just giving you a hard time btw wink.gif

Sadly I will not be able to make it to any games for tailgating until the SAJ game at the end of the month. But I plan on having a truly righteous cookout.

PS: Regarding the hot dogs, I personally like the hebrew nationals, keeping it kosher is a bit safer with the mystery sausages.

B. That does look like a foot.

C. It's a small cup but I drank a lot of those small cups that day (way too many).

Too bad you can't make the tailgating.  We'll eat a mystery sausage in your honor.

Drove 11.5 hours yesterday...i can't believe I am here..

Seriously the best Wife ever..

sliders (beef, pork, chicken)

pasta salads

Bud Light or Labatt Blue Light

Come by the tent..Black Mazda tribute..Tennessee tags..

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

Ichigo-1']

B - Is that someone cooking a foot... cause that's what it looks like at the far left
sick.gif

I am just giving you a hard time btw
wink.gif

B. That does look like a foot.

C. It's a small cup but I drank a lot of those small cups that day (way too many).

Too bad you can't make the tailgating.  We'll eat a mystery sausage in your honor.

and just what is wrong with grilled foot!!  Hasn't anyone heard of filet of sole?  I am sure the small cup hides the big keg!!

[quote name='jamminjoeyb wrote:

CarolinaGirl77']Well, in a surprising twist, I found out this morning that my husband and I are going to be able to fly over from Belgium and catch the first two games of the season...so I'm ecstatic just to be able to post in this thread!  If he makes it back from his day trip up to Philly and back in time to tailgate, it will probably be some Bojangles.  If not, we should be able to at least have a beer in the lot and then pick up a BBQ sandwich in the RBC.  I cannot freaking wait!

Belgium?  And here I thought I had this corner of Europe covered for the Caniac nation.  I'm in Germany right on the border on the Netherlands and Belgium.  Would be nice to be at a game this year, but I don't think I will be able to make it back for anything but a SCF game.  smile.gif

Nice to know we're not alone in our love for the Canes over there!  We found an American sports bar in Brussels but they show mostly football and baseball.  (The owner's a Sox/Pats fan.)  Oh well, at least we will be back in Raleigh for the latter half of the season...  Nothing more frustrating than being a STH from 3,000 miles away ohwell.gif