The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
PeteMoss

Erik Cole's Condition/broken leg out 4-6 weeks

We also have good depth. Move Walker up to the third line and bring in Conboy who can add some toughness. I sure wish this hadn't happened (I just ordered a Cole jersey!)

haha I have a Cole edge jersey too.  They already gave me a heart attack once because I got it, and then he got traded to Edmonton.  At least he came back and now this.  I really like Cole a lot, I like his consistent 20 goals a season and speed, along with his intangibles off the ice (relationship with Staal).  In other words I'm not one of those guys who always says, "I like Cole but".  I just plain like Cole, Period.

I have to wonder though, I guess depending on what bone he broke in his leg (didn't the blog just say he broke A bone in his leg?)we probably won't see him again until Mid-December if that.  Can you imagine breaking your leg and coming back in a month, craziness.  Then again this is the same guy who broke his neck and played in the Stanley Cup finals (reason 285 why I like Erik Cole).

Guess length of time would depend on simple vs. compound fracture (which takes longer and is more serious). If they say 4-6 weeks that is reasonable but he will need to recondition the leg when healed. I broke my shoulder in four places (simple fx's) and I was beginning PT at the fifth week.

In any case, it could have been much worse.!

After watching that video 4 weeks would be nothing short of miraculous. I was really thinking major ligaments and several months.

I guess since we have Scotty Walker it makes sense to bring up a guy like Conboy, or maybe Ryan and let the young guns develop a little more, but I do worry about goal production. If we are really struggling with that Boychuk might be worth a try.

Good news considering.  I don't see the Canes rushing up anyone like Boychuk, Bowan.  More like Conboy, Ryan or Dwyer.  Personally, I think the most important thing right now is getting Joni back in the lineup and getting the defense settled down and the rust off.  Still don't like our self imposed 4-game exhibition schedule.  The team looks out of synch.  But, I trust JR knows what he's doing. Here's hoping Cole heals quickly.  I thought he was one, if not the best Cane on the ice against Philly. 

Bones heal better than soft tissues, so that's a plus.  I guess the glass is half full.

Conboy will be fine on the 4th line.  They may not be as big a scoring threat, but it's okay.  Walker is more than capable of moving up and the other guys are used to moving around.  It's not like we had any magic going anyway. 

As far as conboy in the lineup, the team has a good record with him on the ice.

Eric skates all out! It's what makes his game exciting to watch. It also makes him vulnerable to people

defending him. Get well Eric! We need you back!

I guess Conboy will fill in the vacant spot. I would like to see Brandon Sutter brought up to fill any remaining

spot. I too have noticed a synchronization issue. I'm not sure its related to the new faces. I think it is related

to the lack of pre-season games.

I know 4-6 weeks seems like a long time... but he REALLY dodged a bullet on this one. He could have torn every ligament in his knee AND broken it.

I am NOT an Erik Cole fan, and I may not have agreed to re-signing him, but since he is here, I want him to play well, and produce. I don't want to see any player hurt... unless it's Brooks Orpik or Sean Avery. I hope Cole gets well soon, and can help this team... they seem to desperately need it.

I like Cole like many of you do and I appreciate what he has done for this franchise but I really think it's time to part ways. I'd rather have someone who can play and produce rather than someone who is going to be injury prone from now on.

Right.  Because it's Erik's fault that he took a technically clean, yet - considering the score and time remaining - very bad spirited and totally unnecessary hit.  Seriously????  Come on...

Cole was our best forward in the season opener, this hurts but 4-6 weeks is better than 4-6 months.

Sturm gets a bump and they basically go off the handle, jump into a line brawl (with no instigators being called).  Yet with no time left in this game they have no problem taking out a top 3 guy on our team.  Funny Wideman wasn't on the ice after the hit. 

I'm interested to see if the refs call the instigators like they did against Gleason in game #1 or miss all the calls they did in game #2.  Thornton going on the ice for the sole purpose of going after Alberts is not an instigator?  This game was more out of hand and worthy of longer penalties to diffuse the situation.

Oh well, the boys will have to shake it off and move on.  80 more games to make up for it.

Coudn't agree more.  Thats what infuriated me most about the game, not the losing.  Even the B's fans around us noticed how lopsided it all was.  I blame the refs for letting things get that out of hand. 

BTW, you officially have the best avatar on the board IMO.

Coudn't agree more.  Thats what infuriated me most about the game, not the losing.  Even the B's fans around us noticed how lopsided it all was.  I blame the refs for letting things get that out of hand. 

Thanks, my wife got our baby girl all dressed up and the picture was a surprise when I saw it.  We take a lot of hassle living in Saskatoon, SK and being a 'Caniac' family.

[quote name='dustinlammers wrote:

TSA']Coudn't agree more.  Thats what infuriated me most about the game, not the losing.  Even the B's fans around us noticed how lopsided it all was.  I blame the refs for letting things get that out of hand. 

Thanks, my wife got our baby girl all dressed up and the picture was a surprise when I saw it.  We take a lot of hassle living in Saskatoon, SK and being a 'Caniac' family.

I'll be arriving in your neck of the woods tommorrow so there will be at least 1 more Caniac around.