The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
jmburre

My new favorite Cane...

The good thing for me is this isn't a random occurence. I see hits like this many times a game in every game from him. This is what we need. Our D needs to spend less time watching the puck and more time hitting the man who has it. Note: They can't control the puck if they're upside down on the ice.

When J.R. made our offseason moves, I remember hearing or reading a stat that said we had 6 players in the top 60 in hits last season.  I thought then that this would be an exciting team to watch.  Just cut down on the hooking, holding, and tripping and we'll have a fun team to watch.

And on Alberts, he's fit in nicely.

Alberts have really given us a boost on the back-end that is for sure, I  like his aggressive play and the added toughness he provides.  A great pick up by JR. 

It seems to be the forwards taking a lot of the lazy penalties, hopefully they rectify this and quick.  Big game tomorrow night!

Looks like alot of us are in agreement about Alberts. Yes sometime he takes,, not the smartest penalties but almost every players does. That being said its worse when an offensive guy takes a penalty in the Offensive zone, where as a d-man taking one in the D-zone may give the other team a PP but it may save a easy goal from being scored.

Alberts has definitely given the defense a boost and when Pitkanen is 100% healthy, he'll give the offense a much needed boost.

Here's an old clip of Alberts:

And the best part is that hitting is infectious - once one guy gets in a good lick, everyone starts coming out of the woodwork and doing likewise... I have seen Samsonov throwing himself at people a lot this season!

Imagine if he could score too.
I assume your talking about Samsonov and if so I'll second that. I'll watch Sammy work himself into a good scoring position only to wheel away, do a 180 and then dish the puck off. Sometimes I find myself shouting "JUST SHOOT IT".  (Rant over)

My favorite new Cane is Kostopoulos. I like his effort.

I find myself shouting "Just shoot it!" a lot at the games too. LOL! Kostopoulos has a lot of hussle, that's for sure. His line really is tough and aggressive. I thought he was going to get the pass and put it in the net during the Pitts game. If he'd been there, that would have been the game winner. That's just the guys not used to each other yet.

This guy is a clear improvement on the defensive end over Babchuk. We sure are missing Babs on the PP, however, but Alberts physical presence on the defensive end of this was something this team needed badly.

Another magic find by JR!

Alberts is quickly becoming one of my favorite players.  Ive missed that kind of physical play ever since Commodore left and its been nice to have that back there again.