The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hockeybaby

I don't get it!

IT'S ALREADY TIME TO BRING SOME YOUTH UP JUST BITING THE BIT TO PLAY......PUT BOWMAN,BOYCHUK,& SUTTER ON A LINE TOGETHER FOR A FEW GAMES AND LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS. THERE IS NO SCORING SPARK RIGHT NOW. I SAY GO FOR IT ON THE ROAD !!!!!!
Welcome to the boards.  But, take a chill pill.  It's the sixth game, for god's sake. 

I hate to say it but i agree with some of the peole that want to bring up some of the young guys. We have no offensive spark whatsoever, we don't need to keep this trend going. I know its only the sixth game but how many important points do we just give away. Our defense look's pretty good but our offense (which is the core/vets on the team) isn't doing its job well enough. Plus maybe it would light a fire in the seat of their pants! 

I hate to say it but i agree with some of the peole that want to bring up some of the young guys. We have no offensive spark whatsoever, we don't need to keep this trend going. I know its only the sixth game but how many important points do we just give away. Our defense look's pretty good but our offense (which is the core/vets on the team) isn't doing its job well enough. Plus maybe it would light a fire in the seat of their pants! 
Okay DJ, who do we bring up and then, more importantly, who sits in the press box? 

IT'S ALREADY TIME TO BRING SOME YOUTH UP JUST BITING THE BIT TO PLAY......PUT BOWMAN,BOYCHUK,& SUTTER ON A LINE TOGETHER FOR A FEW GAMES AND LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS. THERE IS NO SCORING SPARK RIGHT NOW. I SAY GO FOR IT ON THE ROAD !!!!!!
Just curious, do you know how many players you can have on an active NHL roster? To make room, who would you then put on waivers and potentially lose to any of the other 25 struggling teams (not to mention having to pay part of there salary during this grand experiment) just to see what an inexperienced and unproven Bowman, Boychuk and Sutter line MIGHT bring to the team? 

I have posted that we might see Boychuk if offensive production stays low. The best part of that move might be to keep the vets guessing. We lost Cole, a guy looked to for scoring and basically replaced him with Conboy. This on a team that is already devoid of 1st line wingers and that has lost scoring little by little with nearly every move since the cup and some due to age.

Despite this contention, I would wait it out through the road trip. Give the guys a chance to gell, and get Pitkanen back out there. If the offense continues to struggle, then bring up Boychuk, put him on the third or even second line, push whomever is not bringing it down to the 4th and sit Conboy.

The Pitsburgh game showed me enough to not shake up things just yet. I really think things are improving and Pitkanen is a bigger piece than he might seem at times.

Welcome to the board...  I'm fairly new to this board myself....  I'm inclined to agree with the folks saying it's too early to start shaking things up like bringing up players...  The first game for example we had plenty of scoring opportunities and just could not hit the net, goalie or the defensive players (looked a little like first game jitters) LOL  We just played a great game against the defending SC champs and lost in a shoot out with Staal supposedly gimpy/not 100%....  if we keep getting the scoring opportunities and playing like this the scoring will come around and so will the wins....

Oh and take the caps lock off it looks like you're screaming wink.gif

[quote name='remkin wrote:

DJHARLEY']I hate to say it but i agree with some of the peole that want to bring up some of the young guys. We have no offensive spark whatsoever, we don't need to keep this trend going. I know its only the sixth game but how many important points do we just give away. Our defense look's pretty good but our offense (which is the core/vets on the team) isn't doing its job well enough. Plus maybe it would light a fire in the seat of their pants! 

I have posted that we might see Boychuk if offensive production stays low. The best part of that move might be to keep the vets guessing. We lost Cole, a guy looked to for scoring and basically replaced him with Conboy. This on a team that is already devoid of 1st line wingers and that has lost scoring little by little with nearly every move since the cup and some due to age.

Despite this contention, I would wait it out through the road trip. Give the guys a chance to gell, and get Pitkanen back out there. If the offense continues to struggle, then bring up Boychuk, put him on the third or even second line, push whomever is not bringing it down to the 4th and sit Conboy.

The Pitsburgh game showed me enough to not shake up things just yet. I really think things are improving and Pitkanen is a bigger piece than he might seem at times.

Hammer on nail.  I agree completely our offensive production is a question, but let's see what we do on this road trip.  We definitely need Joni back, and until then, it's too early to get a clear picture of what this team can do.  The Rats are awesome right now, and those named prospects need to be playing full minutes in the AHL.