The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
colefan4life

the Stick Collector Thread

Keep me in the loop, I might be interested in something that you have. I'm also looking to unload my LaRose and Jokinen sticks.

OK, will do, sir.  I am planning a trip up to NC in June.  If anyone buys any sticks from me that will be when I can deliver them.  I haven't found a safe solution to shipping them yet and hand delivery is the simplest and safest way to do it for me.  I'll post an ad on this board and shoot you a PM when I know for sure when I'll be able to make the delivery/come up.

OK, will do, sir.  I am planning a trip up to NC in June.  If anyone buys any sticks from me that will be when I can deliver them.  I haven't found a safe solution to shipping them yet and hand delivery is the simplest and safest way to do it for me.  I'll post an ad on this board and shoot you a PM when I know for sure when I'll be able to make the delivery/come up.

I might be interested in purchasing a stick or two

OK, well in that case maybe I should go ahead and list what I'm willing to part with so you guys wont have to wait.  Shoot me an offer but please remember that I can't deliver the sticks for a few weeks.

Game Used Helmet: Jaroslav Svoboda [Nike/Bauer 2001-2002, with post 9/11 memorial sticker, broken strap bracket used for 10 games] (I can mail this if desired)

Game Used Gloves: Tim Gleason [Reebok 2008-2009] (I can mail these if desired)

GU Sticks:

Joe Corvo [Easton SE16 2010 signed]

Zach Boychuk [Reebok Sickick II 2010 signed]

Tim Gleason [Nike/Bauer Supreme One95 2009 signed]

Frantisek Kaberle [Warrior 2007 signed]

Steve Chiasson [Koho Revolution 1998]

Mike Commodore [Easton Synergy Elite 2005-2006]

Anton Babchuk [Warrior Dolomite 2009]

Chad Larose [Easton Synergy 2008]

Ray Whitney [Easton S17 2009]

Unused Stick:

Team Autographed Sher-wood Pro5000 (2002-2003, 19 autos)

Kevin Weeks 80

Glen Wesley 2

Jeff Daniels 11

Paul Maurice (coach)

Josef Vasicek 63

Bret Hedican 6

Kevyn Adams 15

Craig McDonald 91

Pavel Brendl

Bruno St Jacques 42?

Aaron Ward 4

Niclas Wallin 7

Jesse Boulerice 21

Radim Vrbata

Craig Adams 27

+ more

Cam Ward sticks are very hard to come by.  I am a goalie and would love to have one but I am told he gives them to charities to make money on.  True?  I don't know!  Just what I have been told.  Good Luck and Thank you for serving!

I was wondering what had happened to this thread!

I'll do a complete update since I've sold some and traded some also.

Sticks:

Harrison Easton

Ward Bauer 2

Sutter Reebok -Signed

Francis Franklin - Signed

Skinner Bauer

Weight Warrior

Ward Koho - Signed Conn Smythe

Corvo Easton - Signed

Gleason Easton - Signed

Ladd Easton

Ruutu Easton - Signed

Gerber Sherwood

Samsanov Bauer - Signed

Peters Bauer

Irbe Sherwood

Gloves:

Skinner, Sutter, E. Staal, Faulk, Whitney, Gleason, Hedican

Broken Sticks:

Dwyer, Westgarth 2, Bowman, Wallace, Corvo 2, Pitkanen, Semin, EStaal, Skinner, Wardo, Nash 2, Boychuk, Sutter, Faulk, Kaberle, in the process of making a nice coffee table.

Cam Ward sticks are very hard to come by.  I am a goalie and would love to have one but I am told he gives them to charities to make money on.  True?  I don't know!  Just what I have been told.  Good Luck and Thank you for serving!

Yeah, they are rare.  I got lucky and found a guy who needed the money and was forced to sell his.  It was used in the 2009 playoffs against Boston - I actually photo proofed it (had a guy offer $300 for it, but turned him down).  It's the cornerstone of my collection.  But you are right, the top stars of the team aren't able to get their sticks out like the rest - they are held by the organization for charity auctions and special promotions.  It's smart and just makes too much sense not to.

Nice collection Caniac79.  You've really been working on your collection!  I'd love to see some pictures of the display.  And the coffee table idea is awesome!  Maybe it will make Kramer's book.

Finally got around to ordering brackets...procrastination paid off, they're offering a sale throughout the playoffs. Use STANLEY2013

I got the three-pack. I guess this means it's time for another stick to add to the collection. I'll be looking for either the unicorn (Skinner) or Semin...though the Whitney one JB has might be a nice add to the classic Hurricanes side of my display. I wouldn't mind adding another glove or my first helmet as well.

You can find the brackets here. http://www.breakawaydisplays.com/

If you order several work directly with the owner and he may cut you a deal.

Nice collection BTW, I'm excited to see pictures too!

You can find the brackets here. http://www.breakawaydisplays.com/

If you order several work directly with the owner and he may cut you a deal.

Nice collection BTW, I'm excited to see pictures too!

Yeah, they are rare.  I got lucky and found a guy who needed the money and was forced to sell his.  It was used in the 2009 playoffs against Boston - I actually photo proofed it (had a guy offer $300 for it, but turned him down).  It's the cornerstone of my collection.  But you are right, the top stars of the team aren't able to get their sticks out like the rest - they are held by the organization for charity auctions and special promotions.  It's smart and just makes too much sense not to.

Nice collection Caniac79.  You've really been working on your collection!  I'd love to see some pictures of the display.  And the coffee table idea is awesome!  Maybe it will make Kramer's book.

I still weep over not buying that one the Eye had in 2006 before the playoffs started. Would've been the best $75 investment ever!

Let me know if you ever decide to part with it JB.

L

I got lucky and picked up a Cam Ward stick last year for $150. Skinner definitely is the hardest one to come by at the moment. If you want a Semin stick, I'd suggest looking on Craigslist around the DC area, there was a guy on there a few months ago trying to sell one.

Anyone interested in winning a signed stick and glove from ex-Cane Jesse Boulerice needs to go to

Randy's Pizza from 6-7:30pm today.

FREE pizza and soda and a chance to win a Flat Screen TV!!

Jesse will be signing autographs!

Randy's Pizza

2458 Wycliff Rd , Raleigh

I got lucky and picked up a Cam Ward stick last year for $150. Skinner definitely is the hardest one to come by at the moment. If you want a Semin stick, I'd suggest looking on Craigslist around the DC area, there was a guy on there a few months ago trying to sell one.

I'll be in North Carolina next week, if you guys are still interested.  Send me a PM and we'll work something out.

I lost my job, my parents' health is declining and I miss my home state.  I really don't have any reasons to stay in Georgia and many reasons to be in North Carolina.  So I'm moving to Raleigh, NC this weekend.  Once I get there I'll be selling some of my game-used collection:

-GU Gloves (pairs, no singles)
Tim Gleason [Reebok 2008-2009]
Sergei Samsonov [bauer Pro XXXX 2009-2010]

-GU Helmet
Jaroslav Svoboda [Nike/Bauer 2001-2002, with post 9/11 memorial sticker, used for 10 games, broken chin-strap]

-GU Sticks

Ray Whitney [Easton S17 2009]
Sergei Samsonov [Nike/Bauer Supreme One95 2009 signed]
Anton Babchuk [Warrior Dolomite 2009]
Mike Commodore [Easton Synergy Elite 2005-2006]
Frantisek Kaberle [Warrior 2007 signed]
Tim Gleason [Nike/Bauer Supreme One95 2009 fractured signed]

Zach Boychuk [Reebok Sickick II 2010 signed]

-Un-used Stick

Team Autographed Sher-wood Pro5000 (2002-2003, 19 signatures)
    Kevin Weeks 80
    Glen Wesley 2
    Jeff Daniels 11
    Paul Maurice (coach)
    Josef Vasicek 63
    Bret Hedican 6
    Kevyn Adams 15
    Craig McDonald 91
    Pavel Brendl
    Bruno St Jacques 42?
    Aaron Ward 4
    Niclas Wallin 7
    Jesse Boulerice 21
    Radim Vrbata
    Craig Adams 27

I also have a black Jeff Skinner authentic jersey and an Eric Staal '08 All-Star Game jersey on Ebay.  If you are interested in anything let me know via PM please.  Thanks everyone!

this is a two fold post:

first:

In my quest to compile a history of Carolina Hurricanes goalies game used stick collection I need your help locating some of these lost artifacts.

Have: Cam Ward, Patrick Desrochers, Justin Peters, Martin Gerber, Jamie Storr, Michael Leighton, Anton Khudobin, Mark Fitzpatrick, Tyler Moss and Dan Ellis.

NEED: Tom Barrasso, Brian Boucher, Sean Burke(P), Eric Fichaud, Mike Fountain, John Grahame, Arturs Irbe(P), Pat Jablonski, Trevor Kidd, Manny Legace, Kirk Mclean (P), Mike Murphy and Kevin Weekes. P=pending deal not in collection yet.

second:

I make brackets to display hockey sticks, and have been pretty busy with it the last few months. wanted to spread the word here. buy local USA products, I will discount multiple orders and if you want to avoid ebay that's fine. message me here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151261962592?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I was excited to see this thread pop back up to the top. I don't think we have many collectors still left! You going to be getting a game used jersey thread going here too or just leave it to the one on FB? Hope all is well! Just like you, I'm itching for some hockey to start!!!

Swanson, yeah me to I was thumbing thru it looking and found a few sticks, I've sent some messages but hadn't heard back from a guy on the Weekes and Grahame, hope he is still here, has them and is willing to move them. A jersey thread would be awesome too, not sure how many people have jerseys thou. I talked with the Checkers today on the ones they had left and they still want 325$ for them...an interesting tidbit is they have a Gerbe white jersey...even thou he never was in Charlotte...

Hey everyone! I have a few sticks for sale. I am looking for $55 for non-signed sticks and $65 for signed ones. Thanks, please PM me if you are interested.

Sergei Samsonov [Nike/Bauer Supreme One95 2009 signed]
Tim Gleason [Nike/Bauer Supreme One95 2009 signed]
Tim Gleason [Easton S19 2010]
Sami Kapanen [bauer Supreme 3003 signed]

Team Autographed Sher-wood Pro5000 (2002-2003, 19)
    Kevin Weeks 80
    Glen Wesley 2
    Jeff Daniels 11
    Paul Maurice (coach)
    Josef Vasicek 63
    Bret Hedican 6
    Kevyn Adams 15
    Craig McDonald 91
    Pavel Brendl
    Bruno St Jacques 42
    Aaron Ward 4
    Niclas Wallin 7
    Jesse Boulerice 21
    Radim Vrbata
    Craig Adams 27

Justin Peters [bauer Supreme 7500, team signed]
    Nicolas Blanchard
    Zac Dalpe
    Chris Terry
    Jon Matsumoto
    Jerome Samson
    Cedric McNicoll
    Matthew Pistilli
    Brandon Sutter
    Mike Angelidis
    Mike Murphy
    Brett Bellemore
    Oskar Osala
    Zack Fitzgerald
    Jeff Daniels
    Jamie McBain

Edited by jb_online

This is a very very cool wall. I, with my shelf of bobbleheads am simply not worthy.

Ha. Thanks. RIP to the wall. A new baby does that to your man cave! I also have a ton of sticks and equipment I would like to move if anyone is interested. Message me!