The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
djharley

PANIC BUTTON??

I stand with alot of you guys that aren't pushing the panic button yet but it's definetly right there in plain sight just waiting to be pushed. I know alot of this stuff is like old threads but that in itself shows the team does alot of the same stuff over and over year after year. To me it's  not too early in the year to change things up and see what happens. Like the PP, it's not that it's early in the year,its been an ongoing problem for @least 3 seasons now, so i guess I would definetly push the Button on the PP. Maybe that is all it would take to get everything offensive going.

Let's look at this.

Losses -

Philly - a very good team. Will finish in the top 5 of the East.

Boston - will win the Northeast Division. They are extra pumped up b/c we beat them last year. We play them on the back end of a back to back.

Tampa - very underrated team - once again, they sit at home, we travel to them after playing the night before

NJ - Brodeur was hot - what can you do when a goalie is playing like that? Granted, we didn't do much to pressure him.

OT Loss

Pitt - best team in the world and we came back to get a point and almost got the win had cullen's shot gone in.

I do see issues - mainly with scoring and the power play - but we have yet to have a game where we really didn't have an excuse to lose the game. Of the losses, the worst was probably NJ b/c our offense was bad.

We have a pretty easy week this week - if we get 0 points after this week, then there is def. cause for concern. Right now, I'm not too worried.

Let's look at this.

Losses -

Philly - a very good team. Will finish in the top 5 of the East.

Boston - will win the Northeast Division. They are extra pumped up b/c we beat them last year. We play them on the back end of a back to back.

Tampa - very underrated team - once again, they sit at home, we travel to them after playing the night before

NJ - Brodeur was hot - what can you do when a goalie is playing like that? Granted, we didn't do much to pressure him.

OT Loss

Pitt - best team in the world and we came back to get a point and almost got the win had cullen's shot gone in.

I do see issues - mainly with scoring and the power play - but we have yet to have a game where we really didn't have an excuse to lose the game. Of the losses, the worst was probably NJ b/c our offense was bad.

We have a pretty easy week this week - if we get 0 points after this week, then there is def. cause for concern. Right now, I'm not too worried.

Yeah, but...

Flyers loss-shutout

Boston loss-spanked badly, scored 2 goals

TB win-1 goal in regulation, SO win

Panthers win-offense shows up with 7

TB loss-scored 2

Pittsburgh loss- scored 2

NJ loss-shutout again

We've lost every game against playoff teams from last year.  4 games against these teams, 4 losses and 2 shutouts.  This is why I'm keeping the panic button in sight, but as Buckwheat says, it's going to be "OTAY". 

The start of this season looks alot like last season, and that season cost a coach his job.  While I won't be shocked to see this team turn it around, on the backs of Staal and Ward when they both decide it's time to show up consistently, there are problems with this team that still need to be addressed by Rutherford.  The most pressing problem that needs to be addressed has been and will continue to be the need for a legitimate first-line winger for Ruutu and Staal.  Until that need is adequately addressed, the panic button will always need to be in sight.  What happens to this team if either Staal or Ward are injured for a significant amount of time?

ok, need 4 out of next  6 points,   isles  havent won yet, and even with tavares and  some improvement, theres no excuse  to lose that one, then on to Colorado... most improved  team, that will  be tough, then to minny  who has maybe one  win, that should be a win, if we dont  get   2  wins, and dont score much, i will be hitting panic button.. dinz

Please let some dust start to form on the Panic Button cuz if tonite (Isles) games goes badly I'll be putting a Staples Button right next to the Panic Button!

I'm still holding off on hitting that button at least until the end of the road trip. They showed a little character coming back in the 3rd (again), but overall turned in a sub-par performance. I know it's been said countless times, but they really need to come out and open with that kind of effort and try sustaining pressure throughout an entire game. They can't keep going completely dormant for entire periods.

If they haven't figured some stuff out by the end of the trip, then I'll have that button on standby. At that point, I'll be ready to push at the first sight of further trouble.

panicButton.jpg

Keep handy

For Emergency Use Only

Does this panic button come with some kind of warranty? Do I need my receipt to exchange or return it?

Going to hold out a little longer. Wait and see how the do against the Avs and the Wild.

Still have a chance to get 4 out of 6 possible points on the road. It will be a tough game in Colorado though(keeping my fingers crossed).

I have flipped up the protective plastic casing. I have not yet raised my hand. The button is however exposed and beckoning.

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

remkin']I have flipped up the protective plastic casing. I have not yet raised my hand. The button is however exposed and beckoning.

So you have this model.

usb-panic-button.jpg

I think it is hammer time!!  Can't touch this!!lol