The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
djharley

PANIC BUTTON??

I am not in panic mode yet.  This looks a lot like last season, slow start.  Will it turn around?  Who knows.  I do think for this team to make a run at the playoffs, both Cam and Eric Staal have to play like the 6 million dollar men they are supposed to be.  Rod has to return to form also.  I think it is entirely possible we Caniacs, me included, have had some unreasonably high expectations for this team. 

Getting closer, but not near enough really. The team is just missing something right now...they shine in bits but cannot sustain it. Lord knows we've all been through this before with this franchise. Stay patient people...the guys are giving a better effort of late just not doing enough to win. Cam needs a break though. Maurice does need to step it up here and mix a few things up...just ruffle the feathers a bit. Loved the Brind'Amour to wing move...gutsy call and it's working.

7 losses in the first 9 games is bad, but we're far from out of it yet. Expectations, as usual, were a little too high coming in. Lots of new faces this season so perfection was ridiculous to expect. Give them more time to work things out, and we'll be fine. Again, we're never a great team coming out of the gates. Look at last season, and we did just fine. Give the team more time.

On a side note, Cam Ward has brought it from the start. So wonderful to see him keep his progression up.

Game against Avs in a nutshell. Hopefully, the entire season won't turn this way. smile.gif

Oh Dmonk...that was awesome lol. My favorite character from that brand...and then the old guys afterwards. Classic.

My suggestion is to send Francis down to Albany for some real experience and bring Daniels back up and work his magic with the Canes. Maurice is slipping back into his old routine of being a defensive team and we are getting killed! The flustration the players are experiencing is starting to show with Ruutu making that hit on Darcy and Staal losing his cool at the faceoff.

JR needs to do something...that's for sure!!

What's worse than the team's play (Wardo excepted) is Tripper's constant cooing over his apparent love-sweet, E. Staal. "He's a man playing with boys right now." Huh? "You can see he wants to be the deciding factor in this game!"

Really, Tripp? Well then maybe he oughta GO TO THE FRONT OF THE NET once in a while! It's hockey, not rocket science, for cryin' out loud! Seriously, how much extra does JR pay you, Tripp, for each positive comment you manage to shoehorn in about Staal over the course of a game? Inquiring minds want to know!

As for the panic button - not just yet. But if we can't beat Minnesota, I'm not sure a button will do the job... we may need a shovel. Or a backhoe. 

All clear to raise level to Panic now that Mo has done so. See his reason for playing Ward back-to-back vs Wild. Heck, I'm maybe I should be more concerned.

cam got us a point.... its getting near panic time, we arent as good as we think we are.. who said that?? too many good east conf team 4 from atlantic, 3 from northeast and caps win div , i feel totally deflated

Forget everything I said last night.

We just plain suck right now. Not even capable of just going out and winning. Damn this could steamroll out of control soon if confidence doesn't get better.

I thought last night the team had found their game.  If they had they lost it again.

Is the Panic Button armed and ready?

Because we got a point tonight, I'm not yet going to panic. But if we do not win against St. Louis Wednesday night, I might be questioning whether or not to make the drive to Raleigh and spend what little money I have on a game this season. This team needs to start being a consistent playoff team and just cannot afford to be in the dark during the post-season, and you can bet JR, PK, Mo, and the rest of the team and the fans know this.

Because we got a point tonight, I'm not yet going to panic. But if we do not win against St. Louis Wednesday night, I might be questioning whether or not to make the drive to Raleigh and spend what little money I have on a game this season. This team needs to start being a consistent playoff team and just cannot afford to be in the dark during the post-season, and you can bet JR, PK, Mo, and the rest of the team and the fans know this.

If fans don't spend money on their team, the team has no money to spend for players.  I'm a STH that lives 2.5 hours away....through thick and thin, I'll support the Canes.  Win or Lose.  Even if we have to push the button, even if we are last in the Southeast....or East for that matter.  You gotta stick with the team.

[quote name='fpsndiver wrote:

captain_jack88']Because we got a point tonight, I'm not yet going to panic. But if we do not win against St. Louis Wednesday night, I might be questioning whether or not to make the drive to Raleigh and spend what little money I have on a game this season. This team needs to start being a consistent playoff team and just cannot afford to be in the dark during the post-season, and you can bet JR, PK, Mo, and the rest of the team and the fans know this.

If fans don't spend money on their team, the team has no money to spend for players.  I'm a STH that lives 2.5 hours away....through thick and thin, I'll support the Canes.  Win or Lose.  Even if we have to push the button, even if we are last in the Southeast....or East for that matter.  You gotta stick with the team.

Well said. I feel that way too eventhough it's kinda sad for me tonight. I liked the previous ECF. I knew that Canes may lose to Pens, but I still went to game 4 with my friend. And we made it loud after the game. LET'S GO CANES!!!

I know----no excuses. But missing Cole, Rutuu and Gleason has to have some impact on team confidence, at this point, I would think. when that happens, we take more penalties etc and things snowball. Our penalties hurt us tonight. I think Cam did all he could. He got us a point again. sad.gif

Let's see, one regulation win in 10 tries.  Power play ranking right down there at a sizzling 15.6%, near the bottom of the league.  Excessive penalties that indicate a lack of discipline....the most penalized team in the league at this time.  25th in scoring.  Staal is on pace to have a 32 point season.  Mo has that deer in the headlight look...yeah, I think it's time to push the panic button or to shake some things up NOW....think about starting with the coach.  Make some trades.  Staal has been paid almost $1.1 million this year and his three goals have cost the team $335,000 each.  Keep up this deal year after year with the early season swoon and the fans are going to bail.  We have an old team...think young and energetic!