The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
djharley

PANIC BUTTON??

This team needs a shakeup as they look like the 1975 Capitals right now.

A big trade or some guys sitting in the press box with some minor

league call ups should happen.

If they continue MO should be fired. He is doing a horrific job.

For as good as he was last year. He is just as bad this year

with the continual terrible efforts so far.

[quote name='TSA wrote:

NeoGen852']I would just like to see "a" young face on our team. I spent more time looking at NHL prospects this Summer then anything else. One of the reasons why is because the 2009 NHL Draft had some good faces. Evander Kane in Atlanta is 18, has 3 goals, and 2 assist with a +3 rating[with a nice goal on Brodeur]. I know Colorado is liking O'Reilly, and Matt Duchene. As far as offensive power at the blue line goes Michael Del Zetto is surely turning heads in NY.

Of course you have to say, "can we risk the mistakes"? But anyway, I am glad Brandon Sutter was called up; that locker room was getting kind of old.

Add Tyler Meyers to your list for Buffalo.  He's been huge for them (no pun intended) and today they announced he was staying with the big club.

Welcome smile.gif

Oh yeah! I forgot about Tyler Meyers; he's been pushing it. Thanks for the welcome! All I wanted to say is, Brandon Sutter..keep playing. I think young talent helps brings out the best in some teams. To see Brandon Sutter score those two goals makes me happy. I don't care if the Carolina Hurricanes make it to the playoffs, but I'd rather see a player like Brand Sutter come into his own.

Looks Like JR is ready to push it as well!

(11/4)Sure doesn't look like it's lit a fire under anyone's cheeks! If the panic button doesn't work,,maybe we will have to get an ejector button instead!

I think it might be two early in the season, i mean it is only 10 straight loses and we do have 7 points out of a possible 28. "sarcasm alert". serious now, think of a button more EXTREME than the panic button like, I'm going to say the "Enola Gay Button"

I think this season is already lost. It's time to make changes for next season. Rutherford should have done that last season, and I don't mean by recycling coaches and players. He went backwards, not forward.

Well i guess it  the Canes didn't see hitting the Panic Button would help, but i guess by sitting by and doing nothing hasn't worked either. Maybe we just don't have anyone to hit the Panic button because,,,,,um,,,um,,,, never mind there isn't a good reason not to or haven't yet.  So with that being said (panic button) i guess now we had better hit the "LET'S GET BETTER FOR NEXT YEAR BUTTON" BECAUSE  i think it's too late to turn this year around.

So tell me, should the "PANIC BUTTON"  have been  pushed way bach when (this thread started) we were beginning to let the wheels come off? "Oh it will be ok,it's early in the season, " " no need to panic yet", "if things keep going like they are" so what are your thoughts now? Have we slid far enough or do you think with this Roster and Coaches we stilll have  chances, it's still only 1/4 of the way through the season ya know!!
roll.gif 
Is it too late to push the PANIC BUTTON,,, will anyone want any of our players, who would want to come here and play this year? NOw what do we do?

Sorry DJ but I don't see to many people panicking about the season at this point.  If the Canes were a team that was chugging along and fell into a sudden or even a gradual free fall, then I could understand the panic but unfortunately this team has never gotten off the ground so there's been no free fall.  There's disappointment and frustration over what was supposed to be a good season but panic just isn't something I'm seeing or hearing much about. 

At the games and around town, most fans I talk to understand that this happens in pro sports when team ages out without much re-tooling to keep it fresh and based on their play late last season, they didn't give much reason to think a total rebuild was in order.   When they hit the wall in the ECF's, it could have been because fatigue and injury took their toll as much as the group over achieved and would be hard pressed to play at that level again.  Doesn't make it less disappointing that it got to this point but as long as the right things are done to correct it for the next season, there's some positives to look forward to.  

I think I understand what you're asking but I'm not sure hitting a panic button any sooner would have changed a thing.  The same players and coaches keep making the same errors over and over again and they're the same ones they started the season making.  Very little progress has been made because its possible that this team, collectively as a group, has achieved as much as they can.  When that happens, its time to start over which is what we're seeing the beginnings of, but with tenured older veteran players and a salary cap, its going to have to be a slow process.

The fact that you're still panicking and are very concerned is a good thing and I assume it means you still hold out some hope for this season.  How about that DJ, underneath that gruff exterior lives an eternal optimist wink.gif

Sorry DJ but I don't see to many people panicking about the season at this point.  If the Canes were a team that was chugging along and fell into a sudden or even a gradual free fall, then I could understand the panic but unfortunately this team has never gotten off the ground so there's been no free fall.  There's disappointment and frustration over what was supposed to be a good season but panic just isn't something I'm seeing or hearing much about. 

At the games and around town, most fans I talk to understand that this happens in pro sports when team ages out without much re-tooling to keep it fresh and based on their play late last season, they didn't give much reason to think a total rebuild was in order.   When they hit the wall in the ECF's, it could have been because fatigue and injury took their toll as much as the group over achieved and would be hard pressed to play at that level again.  Doesn't make it less disappointing that it got to this point but as long as the right things are done to correct it for the next season, there's some positives to look forward to.  

I think I understand what you're asking but I'm not sure hitting a panic button any sooner would have changed a thing.  The same players and coaches keep making the same errors over and over again and they're the same ones they started the season making.  Very little progress has been made because its possible that this team, collectively as a group, has achieved as much as they can.  When that happens, its time to start over which is what we're seeing the beginnings of, but with tenured older veteran players and a salary cap, its going to have to be a slow process.

The fact that you're still panicking and are very concerned is a good thing and I assume it means you still hold out some hope for this season.  How about that DJ, underneath that gruff exterior lives an eternal optimist wink.gif

Well of course i still want them to play well and end up @ least having a chance to make the playoffs, but something has to be done because our outlook is just terrible. Whether you want to call it Panic or whatever it's very obvious that going down the "it will all turn around " button road isn't going to work.If was the, I give up or don't give a darn type fan I wouldn't be on here gruffin it up!wink.gif

TSA - I'd disagree with you. The reason no one is pushing the panic button is the fact that we aere toast for the season. ( yes, i'm still a caniac ). The problem is that when we go far one season, the next it is horrible - ie: after the '02 run, after the 06 cup win, and now this year after going to the ECF.

Next year we will be a bit better and by '11 or '12 will be back in the hunt. My 2¢ worth.

TSA - I'd disagree with you. The reason no one is pushing the panic button is the fact that we aere toast for the season. ( yes, i'm still a caniac ). The problem is that when we go far one season, the next it is horrible - ie: after the '02 run, after the 06 cup win, and now this year after going to the ECF.

Next year we will be a bit better and by '11 or '12 will be back in the hunt. My 2¢ worth.

I guess I didn't say it right because I think we essentially agree.  My point was that people aren't pushing panic buttons because most are resigned to the fact this isn't our year and the long overdue rebuilding process is finally underway.

The only one left in this thread curious about the panic level is DJ, which IMO isnt a bad thing because he still cares regardless of how dismal things look right now.  His question if I understood it correctly, was about whether or not the hole would have gotten so big if the panic buttons were pressed earlier.

Maybe the lesson for our GM is that immediately following a great season, ignore emotions and find some new interchangeable parts to surround the core and to keep it fresh?

I don't want a put  a damper on this    scenario bigbander but isn't the world or  universe or something suppose to end in  2012. Maybe that would be the 2012/13 season.

[quote name='OBXer wrote:

bigbander']TSA - I'd disagree with you. The reason no one is pushing the panic button is the fact that we aere toast for the season. ( yes, i'm still a caniac ). The problem is that when we go far one season, the next it is horrible - ie: after the '02 run, after the 06 cup win, and now this year after going to the ECF.

I don't want a put  a damper on this    scenario bigbander but isn't the world or  universe or something suppose to end in  2012. Maybe that would be the 2012/13 season.

laugh.gif  We REALLY need to see something before 2012 if the movie right.

[quote name='OBXer wrote:

bigbander']TSA - I'd disagree with you. The reason no one is pushing the panic button is the fact that we aere toast for the season. ( yes, i'm still a caniac ). The problem is that when we go far one season, the next it is horrible - ie: after the '02 run, after the 06 cup win, and now this year after going to the ECF.

laugh.gif  We REALLY need to see something before 2012 if the movie is right.

I really think we fell so far so fast that we sailed right past the panic button and landed on the resigned to the facts button.