The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
djharley

PANIC BUTTON??

I sailed right past the Panic to the Pitiful button.

Hang on just a little longer and you'll end up where I am, at the laughable button.

[quote name='TSA wrote:

coastal_caniac']I sailed right past the Panic to the Pitiful button.

Hang on just a little longer and you'll end up where I am, at the laughable button.

Actually I can push with both hands.  The laugh button has helped alot over the last few weeks.  But the fact remains, everytime I go through that turnstyle at the RBC I still get excited.  I stll love me some Canes hockey! 

[quote name='coastal_caniac wrote:

TSA wrote:

coastal_caniac']I sailed right past the Panic to the Pitiful button.

Actually I can push with both hands.  The laugh button has helped alot over the last few weeks.  But the fact remains, everytime I go through that turnstyle at the RBC I still get excited.  I stll love me some Canes hockey! 

The most usefull button would be a reset button right about now.  Just go back to the start of the season and start over with a healthy roster.  You're right about getting excited just being at the RBC.  Something just feels "right" about being there.

I hate buttons, if a button was the answer there wouldn't be a problem, and actually I think we are leaps and bounds away from where we were a week and a half ago, the new season has begun, and hopefully people will stop getting hurt and we can make a run towards that lovely 8th spot.

I was an optimist....one of the ones not wanting to push any panic buttons.  I still don't want to push a panic button.  I'll push a re-build button, would have pushed it after 07, and probably felt it needed to be pushed when we were swept by the Pens...at least a little.  The problem with this season and our team is/has been the NTCs and long terms signed by the GM.  They put us in a pickle.  If you can't get rid of the problems, and they won't voluntarily retire, what panic button do you push? 

This season is/has been fairly well lost.  At this point the only button to push is DRAFT LOTTERY BUTTON.  Staalsy needs some help, Sutter is looking great, Ruutu is on a mission, and we have a couple of decent defensemen.  Dump the old, and bring the new.  Next season will be full of glory and despair.  Trying to change anything at the beginning of this season after a few games wouldn't have  been benefitted by "panic" any more back then, than now.  Let it be what it is, and maybe our has beens/never should have beens/and might have beens will realize their place...and its not on our roster.

Missing the playoffs after a cup run....MISSING THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!! Was a major symptom of what ails us now.  The panic button should have been pushed right then, however, due to contractual signings, NTC's, etc. that were made out of raw sentimental value.......we couldn't panic.  We are currently (and last year in the ECF) paying the price for winning the Stanley Cup.  Its hockey.  We'll get better, maybe in a year, maybe 2 or 3.  I'm glad we had a season like this...its a sure sign to everyone that a re-build is required.