The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

Allow me to introduce myself (Official Intro Thread)

Welcome!

I think that intros belong in OT, so I'm just moving it over there, but lovely intro!

My bad. Thanks for the welcome though, and from the rest of you, as well. Considering the exciting game we just saw, I think I picked a pretty good time to join. :-)

Just in case:

Howdy, my fellow Caniacs. My name is 300Section & I've been a 'Canes addict since '96-'97. I'm prone to outbursts of wit & humour from time to time, & I occassionally throw in PSA's from time to time.

:lol::lol:

Since everyone is doing it...

I'm Boswick....well my plastic penguin's name is Boswick. And I've been a Canes fan since '97. I go to NC State for anyone who hasn't already seen some of my State related posts.

I enjoy reading about our members so do an updated one Ellie!

My name's Bonnie. My s/n Bodyslam reminds me of the song "Let the bodies hit the floor." I know, lame but, oh well.

I've been a hockey fan since 1980, a few days before the sentence "Do you believe in miracles!" was yelled into the mike when USA deated Russia.

I love my Canes, Penn State football, Carolina Panthers in the NFL, UNC basketball and Cubs baseball. We are sports fanatics.

I've been married 24 years, one daughter, one pup, two inside kitties, 5 outside. (The outside kitties saga is a long story...let me know if you want it told.)

One of my greatest hobbies is coming in here reading all the posts. Not only are people incredibly funny, they are very knowledgeable about the sport and not a day goes by that I don't learn something new. Getting others viewpoints on wins/losses, etc. makes it very interesting.

You can call me "kermie" for short.

Hockey fan since '93 when a friend got me into watching it during the playoffs. Pens were the first team I cheered for -- c'mon, Lemieux and Jagr! plus, it was the closest team -- but I switched my allegience when I moved to Raleigh in '99. (Pens are my No. 2 team, though.)

Marshall University alumna so my two sport loves are the Canes and Thundering Herd football. Hate baseball. Hate basketball, especially the NBA.

<--- My Cup tattoo.

Well, I think everyone here knows me, but oh well.

I'm Melinda, Mel for short if you wish, and I'm 18. (Yes, one of the babies of the forum.) I've been a Caniac since the 03-04 season (not that good of a time to jump on the boat, but who cares).

When I'm not spending my free time on the forum, I can be found reading, making friendship bracelets, or taking random road trips to see my two best friends at Auburn University and the University of Alabama Tuscaloosa.

Ok, I'm done now.

You can call me "kermie" for short.

Hockey fan since '93 when a friend got me into watching it during the playoffs. Pens were the first team I cheered for -- c'mon, Lemieux and Jagr! plus, it was the closest team -- but I switched my allegience when I moved to Raleigh in '99. (Pens are my No. 2 team, though.)

Marshall University alumna so my two sport loves are the Canes and Thundering Herd football. Hate baseball. Hate basketball, especially the NBA.

<--- My Cup tattoo.

NBA basketball is overrated anyway..I remember hearing somthing on the radio back on june 20th< I think it was on newstalk 680. This lady called in saying how much of a lil wuss NBA players are.

Time to get it back on topic. My name is Brian or truecaniac. I love hockey and the Carolina Hurricanes, Carolina Panthers and San Diego Chargers. I absolutely despise(sp) the New Orleans Saint along withn the New York Yankees. My favorite NHL player would have to be Cam Ward...hmmm thats about it I guess.

My name's Chester (prefer Chet). My s/n Caniac97 came to be because i am a big Stormy fan. Until the league authorizes trading mascots he will always be there as will I. I am probably one of the senior citizens here having celebrated my 50th this year.

Though i have watched hockey before, I became a Canes fan in a big way during the '02 run. Got hooked more on the fans at the RBC Center than the team. Then when i heard 18k strong chant "Ref you Suck" i was hooked. during the toronto series i saw way to many blue jerseys and decided the only way to prevent that from happening again was to commit and become a STH.

I am a big Duke basketball fan, Washington Redskin fan, Atlanta Braves fan (started back in the day of Gaylord Perry). Big Earnhardt fan, first the dad and slowly Jr.

I enjoy coming in here reading all the posts. Both for the humor as well as the education on the sport. i also enjoy the legal aspect of the different contract negotiations as well as all the CBA negotiations.

FYI, tickets in the upper goal zones for 'Canes games are only $10.29 each :D

I'm aware (what's with the weird price... is there some signifigance to $10.29?), but I'm kind of hesitant to do that since it's so high up. I'd rather have a seat in the upper part of the lower level. I might end up getting the cheap tickets, though, so we'll see.

I'm aware (what's with the weird price... is there some signifigance to $10.29?), but I'm kind of hesitant to do that since it's so high up. I'd rather have a seat in the upper part of the lower level. I might end up getting the cheap tickets, though, so we'll see.

It's a radio station 102.9

It's their Hurricanes promotion.

Well, I wasn't planning on sitting in like, the first few rows or anything. At the FireAntz game on Friday night, I sat in the third row, and it was easy to see what was happening on the side I sat on, but on the other side, it was pretty tough. Next time I'm going to sit higher, and I'd like to do the same at Hurricanes games.

It's a radio station 102.9

It's their Hurricanes promotion.

Ah. I knew there was something fishy about a $10.29 price.

One time, at band camp... :lol:

Kidding. My name is Gipper. Well, technically, my name is Seth, but no one ever uses that. Don't ask how I got it; it's one of those things that has no explination. I live in Massachusetts, and am one of the youngest members here (celebrating my 18th birthday next March), but one of the longest-standing fans, having been with the team since the days of the Whale, when, at age 3, I got a Whalers jacket. So my fanship stands at somewhere around 15 years. Since the 'Canes are so rarely on TV, I got to listening to games on the radio courtesy of Chuck Kaiton, and have been an avid listener ever since-I have not acutally seen the vast majority of Game 7 of the Finals last year, instead choosing to sit at my computer with Chuck calling the game.

As for me outside of Hurricanes hockey, I am a member of my school's Literary Club and Drama Club, and a big fan of the New York Yankees. I don't care what other people think of me-if I have an opinion on something, I'll say it loud. I'm quite far over to the left side on most issues, and I don't like your god, no matter who he, she, or they may be. That said, I'm a nice guy and very friendly, unless you piss me off.

Hi. I'm the weird one...nuff said.

OMG. Seriously, what is with people posting exactly what I am about to say??? :shock::shock::shock:

Ha I'm the ORIGINAL weird one. :P