The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

Allow me to introduce myself (Official Intro Thread)

Intros... Do we all do them or just new people?

Well, according to the post counts on this board, we are all pretty much new. Probably would not be a bad idea for all to put a short intro that way the new ones can scan through or use to reference as they get aquainted with us all.

Hi. I'm the weird one...nuff said.

OMG. Seriously, what is with people posting exactly what I am about to say??? :shock::shock::shock:

Ha I'm the ORIGINAL weird one. :P

I think I have the right to claim that title.

And no one will disagree.

YAY! Introductions!!!

My name is Catherine. Yes. That's me. And you can call me Catherine, or WTP.. I guess.. since that's what everyone usually uses anyways.. umm.. I'm from Montreal.. I grew up a Canadiens fan and I decided I'd cheer on the Hurricanes last year.. for no reason really.. It was upsetting to see the Canadiens lose to them in the playoffs, but I cheered for them anyways.. only because everyone was saying they would not win the Cup and it's fun to go against what everyone else is betting on. But after watching the Sabres games, I sort of liked their team and I find myself rooting for them aswell this year.. I just love hockey, whichever team it may be (except the Leafs or Bruins..ew)

Other than hockey.. I'm a creative type of person.. I love making graphics, drawing, writing.. anything I can use my hands and my creativity gets me excited... I run a website, the link is in my signature.. it's mostly about my adventures over the week.. my english isn't terrific because it's my second language, so excuse me if I use the wrong word in the wrong place.. (I'm not very good with French either, but whatever..just be cool when I'm talking and switch languages on you.. it's usally by accident) Oh, and I like socializing. Haha. And shopping. And looking good lol

Ok that's enough :P

My name is Lenora and as you can tell by my sn, my fav player is Brind'Amour. Mainly because of his work ethic and intensity on & off the ice. I have been a casual fan of the Canes since the inaugural game at the ESA in Raleigh. Went to some games here & there but did not get indoctrinated into the Caniac Nation until September 2005. I went to a preseason game and just fell in love with the speed of the game now & the intensity of the crowd. Also after that game, I realized that it had been the first time I had not thought about work for 4 hours straight in a long time. So I decided hockey was cheaper than therapy (or medication)& ended up getting a mini pack. Went to all the home playoff games & this season went with the 12 season plan. Now I am not only a Caniac, but a true lover of the sport--watch whoever is playing and read every tidbit of news about every team.

When not watching or reading about hockey, I am usually working. I also have a small army of pets--including 3 outdoor dogs, 5 indoor cats, and 3 foster cats outside (who adopted me last fall). In my spare time, I paint, draw & sometimes write.

That's the short version of my life--you'll have to wait for the book to come out to get the the long version. :wink:

My name is Heather and as you can see Cam Ward is my favorite player. I've been watching hockey since I was in college and my now brother in law forced me to and I fell in love with the game. I've only been a Canes fan since the beginning of last season because we just moved to Raleigh at the end of 2004.

I work at home for a company in Buffalo am married and have 2 sons ages 4 and 2 who are both HUGE Canes fans. :D

OMG. Seriously, what is with people posting exactly what I am about to say??? :shock::shock::shock:

YAY! Introductions!!!

My name is Catherine. Yes. That's me. And you can call me Catherine, or WTP.. I guess.. since that's what everyone usually uses anyways.. umm.. I'm from Montreal.. I grew up a Canadiens fan and I decided I'd cheer on the Hurricanes last year.. for no reason really.. It was upsetting to see the Canadiens lose to them in the playoffs, but I cheered for them anyways.. only because everyone was saying they would not win the Cup and it's fun to go against what everyone else is betting on. But after watching the Sabres games, I sort of liked their team and I find myself rooting for them aswell this year.. I just love hockey, whichever team it may be (except the Leafs or Bruins..ew)

Other than hockey.. I'm a creative type of person.. I love making graphics, drawing, writing.. anything I can use my hands and my creativity gets me excited... I run a website, the link is in my signature.. it's mostly about my adventures over the week.. my english isn't terrific because it's my second language, so excuse me if I use the wrong word in the wrong place.. (I'm not very good with French either, but whatever..just be cool when I'm talking and switch languages on you.. it's usally by accident) Oh, and I like socializing. Haha. And shopping. And looking good lol

Ok that's enough :P

I know the real reason your a Canes fan :lol: A certain Fratisek Kaberle maybe?

You stand corrected, Cath. I'm older than both of you & AO combined (& add a couple of more years to that, mind you), & I have ALWAYS been The Weird One (& yes, it's capitalized, because that is my title). I have far more experience & years on you two on being weird... trust me. :P:lol: :wink:

Hi. I'm FightinMad, or FM, or Ells, or Ellie. I do not respond to 'hey you!'

I've been a Caniac since January 20th, 2004, and a serious hockey fan since Spring of 2000. Believe it or not, the first game I watched was the Flyers/Devils ECF game where Stevens knocked Lindros unconscious. Heck of a way to get into hockey.

I was a devoted Flyers fan until 2004, when Bobby Clarke dealt Justin Williams to the Carolina Hurricanes. That was the last straw. So you guys gained a right wing and a fan at the same time.

I was here on the eShare boards, the PHPbb2 boards, the ProBoards boards, and now here on JForum.

I've been a moderator here since the ECQF last season.

On a more personal note, my birthday is November 29th, I work at Tractor Supply Company, I'm 1/8 Irish, substantially Swedish, and have ancestors in basically any 2 European countries that have ever fought eachother.

My family has a long miltary heritage, going back to the Vikings. From time to time I have a military inspired signature, usually around Veterans Day, 4th of July, etc.

My choices of music are widely varied, I like artists that do anything from traditional Celtic music, to hard rock. I also like Sonata Artica, which if you haven't heard 'em, you need to go to Youtube and check them out, they're hilarious.

My favorite webcartoon is Ask The Ninja. My favorite colors are Prussian Blue and emerald green. I can't dance, I play the piano a little, and I'm known for my biting sarcasm.

So don't take me too seriously unless I'm issuing you a warning. ;-)

Hey my names Cody,

Im 20 years old and was born Feb 10, 86. So im getting up to 21. I live in Randleman and im getting ready to go through Police Training so i should be on a force by next summer if all goes to plan. I have a wonderful girlfriend who i have dated for a year now shes great and best of all i made her a fan of the Canes and hockey as well and she truly enjoys it. I have played hockey all my life and have loved it for just as long. I have played roller then ice in my middle school years in Greensboro Nc. Had to quite when i started high school because i became addicted to drumming in the Marching band. I now just finished the season at Greensboro College where i played Quints in their band. Im about to graduate from Randolph Community College with a criminal Justice Degree. I have been on the old official boards under the name Misthunter210 untill the proboards site can up and then i switched to that one. Now im back on the official board with this screen name. I still try to play pick up at the IceHouse in greensboro when i get a chance. Nice to talk to everyone again.

And if FM goes *headdesk*, you're on your way to being in trouble. :mrgreen:

Hey, Canes_Cop, will you give fellow Canes fans a pass on speeding? Just curious. :wink:

And if FM goes *headdesk*, you're on your way to being in trouble. :mrgreen:

Hey, Canes_Cop, will you give fellow Canes fans a pass on speeding? Just curious. :wink:

Hmm now thats the big question isnt it. Just make sure you have plenty of Car flags so i know if its you or not. :D

Look what I've started! I had no idea my thread would turn into the official intro thread of this forum. I guess I'm a trendsetter. :wink:

Hi, I'm Chris. I've been a hockey fan since the Gretzky era, and a Canes fan since 99. I bought my first 10 game pack this year after listening to Chuck K on the radio. I also draw the occasional cartoon:

photo1Copy15.jpg

hello, I'm steph, I'm 19, I live in Buffalo and I'm Sabres fan. *gasp* I'm not a Canes fan, but I come here because I just like hockey and I like to see what other fans are saying. I like seeing all the different perspectives. I stumbled upon the temp board over the summer, and I ended up sticking around because most people seemed pretty cool. I've liked hockey and the Sabres as long as I can pretty much remember, as I was lucky to have a dad who took me to Sabres games as a kid and a big brother to play street hockey with. The park by our house also used to have a little make-shift ice rink, so those were good times. I'm a huge Ryan Miller fan, and I also really like Martin Biron and Brian Campbell when it comes to current Sabres. Honestly, I pretty much like all of them right now. haha I really like Ovechkin too, and I'm finally going to be able to see him in March when the Caps come here.

The only teams I really dislike are the Leafs and the Flyers, and then the Bruins to a somewhat lesser extent. Even though the Canes aggravated me tons during the ECF, I wouldn't exactly say they are a big rivalry (not yet at least). Plus, you've currently got some guys that I like and respect, like Erik Cole for example.

I also really like music, I like lots of weird obscure bands. I'm a fine arts major and I'm big into painting and drawing. So yeah, that's me.

Hello, I'm Tim. I am a NC native. I am probably on of the older members on this forum being in my mid 40's. I joined the forum here last fall and although I have met only a few from here I feel like a know a lot of you. I have 2 girls ages 10 & 12. The lazyestimator moniker comes from my being a professional estimator in the construction industry, I love to instigate and have a good time. After playing a trick on a coworker, she returned the favor by having a sign made and placing it on my desk, proclaiming me as the lazyestimator.

My interest in the Canes began back in 2000, when I worked at ESA(today The RBC Center) as security on a partime basis. I had the privelege to see some of most games and I also had the opportunity to meet several of the players and their wives. During the playoffs that year I was caught up in the excitement and the next year I started following the Canes in earnest. Last year was incredible as a fan, and I must admit I have been hung over a little from all the excitement. I was able to attend all of the playoff games and I can honestly say that game 7 was absolutely the best sports moment I have ever been a part of eclipsing DukeBasketball's '90 and '91 championships.

I really enjoy my time on these boards although it has been limited as of late. Hopefully we can have another large "Canesgate" sometime so that we can put faces with names.

Hello, my name is Susan also known as msc.... I am originally from New Jersey but moved to North Carolina at the age of 13 which was 31 years ago.... (you do the math).

I have been a Canes fan early 2004 when my cousin who lives in Raleigh invited me up for a game... I have been hooked ever since.

I live near Atlantic Beach and travel to Raleigh to as many games as I can.

I have learned more about hockey on these boards (new and old) in 9 or 10 months than I could have ever imagined, we have some great knowledgable fans on here that have taught me alot (thanks!!)...

Everyone has always been kind and helpful.. not to mention fun...

We have the best fans ever!!!!!!!

hello, I'm steph, I'm 19, I live in Buffalo and I'm Sabres fan. *gasp* I'm not a Canes fan, but I come here because I just like hockey and I like to see what other fans are saying. I like seeing all the different perspectives. I stumbled upon the temp board over the summer, and I ended up sticking around because most people seemed pretty cool. I've liked hockey and the Sabres as long as I can pretty much remember, as I was lucky to have a dad who took me to Sabres games as a kid and a big brother to play street hockey with. The park by our house also used to have a little make-shift ice rink, so those were good times. I'm a huge Ryan Miller fan, and I also really like Martin Biron and Brian Campbell when it comes to current Sabres. Honestly, I pretty much like all of them right now. haha I really like Ovechkin too, and I'm finally going to be able to see him in March when the Caps come here.

The only teams I really dislike are the Leafs and the Flyers, and then the Bruins to a somewhat lesser extent. Even though the Canes aggravated me tons during the ECF, I wouldn't exactly say they are a big rivalry (not yet at least). Plus, you've currently got some guys that I like and respect, like Erik Cole for example.

I also really like music, I like lots of weird obscure bands. I'm a fine arts major and I'm big into painting and drawing. So yeah, that's me.

You said Erik Cole. You can stay. ;)

You said Erik Cole. You can stay. ;)

haha mel! I like him, except when he tries to cut Ryan's arm off, or when he sits on Dmitri. Other than that, it's all good. :wink:

You and Melissa are good Sabre Fans. I am a huge Canes fan but respect Buffalo very much so.

My introduction. My name is John and I am 35 years old. I became a Hartford Whalers fan in 1986 when they beat the Quebec Nordiques and then played the Canadiens to 7 games the next year. I have stuck with the Whalers and then Canes ever since.

I do not have the NHL package anymore (Money reasons :Oops: 2 small kids LOL) but I do have a satellite dish and watch re-aired game of when the Canes play the Rangers, Caps, Panthers, Bruins, Devils and Islanders, because those teams do a replay that is not blacked out overnight.

I also enjoy this board and have met many great fans here. :D

Hey, I'm Alison. I don't usually have a lot of time to post on the boards, but still try to at least read most of them. I'm probably one of the younger people here. (16) I went to my first hockey game in December of 1999 against the Bruins. I followed a lot of the canes games after that, but didn't really become a Caniac until the 2002 playoffs. I was fortunate enough to be at Game 7 and it was it was by far the greatest sporting event I have ever witnessed. After falling in love with hockey and taking being a Caniac to a whole new level last season, I decided to start playing hockey. I now play in an RYHA girl's house league and am starting to play with NC State's lady pack and I LOVE it. Besides hockey, I love photography and spend a lot of my time taking care of animals at the vet/kennel.

Good to see we've got a lot of female hockey fans on here. Girls that love football or hockey are awesome in my book. :)

I love photography and spend a lot of my time taking care of animals at the vet/kennel.

I'm not the only pooper scooper here! Yay! Haha.

It takes a special person to work in a vet and my hat goes off to you. Vets and their assistants are some of the nicest people anyone would want to know. Anyone who would kiss my pup right on her mouth after she was bit by a copperhead is # 1 in my book.