The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

Allow me to introduce myself (Official Intro Thread)

I don't have much to say about me since there's not much to say about me!

Hello, I'm Michaela, but most refer to me as SCC. I live in North Carolina (like most here) and have season tiks for the Canes. Have a nice day.

:D

Heck, it almost seems like we have more ladies on here than guys! Who would've thought?

Based on your smilies... either you're a guy who is happy that there's so many ladies here, or you're a girl who's proud that there's so many ladies here. :P

Back at the beginning of last season there was only like 3 girls here (or there.. old forum.. yeah.) .. now there's plenty! =]

But I'm pretty sure not all the guys have introduced themselves lol.. there are ALOT of guys on here.

Back at the beginning of last season there was only like 3 girls here (or there.. old forum.. yeah.) .. now there's plenty! =]

But I'm pretty sure not all the guys have introduced themselves lol.. there are ALOT of guys on here.

if by girls you mean under the age of 19 then you are correct, if you mean females then there were many more than that.

Hello guys and gals. I'm Vince. I was born and rasied in the triad area of NC but I did spend about 4 years in Raleighwood between 1999 and 2003. I've been a hockey fan since 1988 when I discovered minor league hockey in the form of the Carolina Thunderbirds of the ECHL. Never cared for the NHL very much but I did keep tabs on the stars of the time like Gretzky, Lemiux, and Hull. That is until the Whalers packed up and moved down south. I am now a huge Hurricanes fan, have been since they arrived. I was a STH last season but I backed off and only purchased the friday and saturday home games this season. I'm also a big fan of the Miami Dolphins, Carolina Panthers, and Virginia Cavaliers. Yeah I know, I'm all over the place, but I'm true to my teams so whatever. Looking forward to talking hockey and go canes!!

Hey Everybody..another female here! Grew up in NY, brothers played hockey at school & I played pick up games on the neighborhood pond (big Tomboy here). Proud to be a Caniac - been a STH since 2001. Used to travel to Greensboro for games. I moved overseas in '99 and while away the Canes finally moved to the ESA. Was happy to return home to find a NHL team in my backyard. I lived in Chicago in the early 90s and favored the Blackhawks while I was there.Since I was in a great professional sports town I jumped in & went to any sports venue I could - Blackhawks (when Chelios, Roenick, Belfour were playing together), Cubs games (mostly) Bulls when MJ & Dennis Rodman & Scotty Pippen were playing..great time to be in Chi-town. The Canes are the first team I've actually followed as closely as I do (probably because I've lived in Raleigh longer than anywhere else during my life)...I LUV hockey - the finesse, the speed, the players & their attitudes (or lack of)...and I feel so fortunate to be a STH and see the guys play live. Oh..ought to mention, I went to school in Oswego NY (luv that town) hence Erik Cole is my man, Brindy is a very close 2nd!...I think that's enough about me :)

Hey Everyone...

Im Hockey101(duh). My real name is David Mills, or Dave or whatever the heck else they call me(hard to keep track of the derogatory nicknames :)). I think I am probably the youngest person on this forum. Born in Buffalo, so I'm sort of a Sabres fan(don't hate me too much though 8)). Became a caniac around 2000 and have been obsessed ever since.

Most of my time is dedicated to school, but on the weekends and in my free time, you may find me on the canes forums, hanging out with friends, playing video games, playing sports, or having blissful daydreams about blowing up the school. But mostly the last one. :lol: :lol: :lol:.

I love to play sports, I play basketball, football, baseball, hockey and golf in my free time.

So, uh.....yeah thats me. 8)

Well, the car flags will depend on how the mojo's working :D, but I do have a Stanley Cup Champs license plate frame.

Good enough. :D

And just so you know it's me (because I know the license plate frame can be hard to see at high speeds), my vanity plate is 1HERDFAN.

:mrgreen:

OK, my name is Susan or you can call me caniac_80. The 80 is for when Kevin Weeks played for us. I am originally from Wisconsin, but after moving to two other states I ended here in Raleigh in 1985. When I lived in St. Louis, I was taken to some Blues games but do not remember since I was just a tiny little tot. I became really excited when NHL came to NC! If I am not watching hockey, you can catch me watching college football or the Green Bay Packers. Yes, I will admit and say "I am a cheese head." *taking a bow b/c I say it proudly* :)

NC_Canes_Cop86, just to let you know...I am out and about a lot in Wake County due to the type of work I do. I have a Hurricanes plate, so if you see me speeding, be nice ok.. :) Who knows, we may work together in the future!

Hey Everyone...

Im Hockey101(duh). My real name is David Mills, or Dave or whatever the heck else they call me(hard to keep track of the derogatory nicknames :)). I think I am probably the youngest person on this forum. Born in Buffalo, so I'm sort of a Sabres fan(don't hate me too much though 8)). Became a caniac around 2000 and have been obsessed ever since.

Most of my time is dedicated to school, but on the weekends and in my free time, you may find me on the canes forums, hanging out with friends, playing video games, playing sports, or having blissful daydreams about blowing up the school. But mostly the last one. :lol: :lol: :lol:.

I love to play sports, I play basketball, football, baseball, hockey and golf in my free time.

Nah, unless you're 15. I win.

:P

Hi! I'm some guy who sometimes comes here. :mrgreen:

Ignore him. He's a Leafs fan. :P

Lol, no don't ignore me. Ignore Mindy. :mrgreen:

I'm Rudy. Used to be a forest ranger/firefighter, hence the screen name. Then I got old(er) and smart(er) and figured out wildfire fighting is a young person's game and changed jobs. Followed the Canes casually for years, then listened or watched most of the games on radio/TV last year, since my job kept me from going. Brindyfan got me tickets to my first game on opening nite and created a monster I think. I was on the old board for a while 'til it blew up. Heck, I may have caused it...LOL. Hi folks.....

Hey Everyone...

Nah, unless you're 15. I win.

:P

Well, I know a person in here that is younger than that...but I will let that person come out of the woods and introduce himself.

LOL. Y'know what the nice thing is? I LOVE being 31. I hope you enjoy every minute of being 16, 17, etc., but I wouldn't go back there for the world. I wouldn't even be 25 again. I had friends who had to be on anti-depressants to handle turning 30, whereas I was like, "C'moooonnnnn, 30! Bring it on!" And out of my friends, I think I'm the only one who has no problem telling people my age. One girl BLATANTLY fibs.

OT, but HOO-RAH! I can click on words and make the formatting apply again! *happy dance*

=[ I can't even drive... best I can do is... a golf cart.. *cries*

Although those are quite fun to drive. Shouldn't you be driving a real car, though? You said you were 16. Unless you're waiting like I did.

That is magnificent =] lol

31 seems really old. Haha. At least now it does.. next thing I know I'll be 30 or something..

No that I'm calling you old or anything. You look great! And you don't act old, of course not..

Ok. Sorry. I'll quit derailing the thread...