The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

Allow me to introduce myself (Official Intro Thread)

=[ I can't even drive... best I can do is... a golf cart.. *cries*

Although those are quite fun to drive. Shouldn't you be driving a real car, though? You said you were 16. Unless you're waiting like I did.

I take Honours classes at school, and I'm already taking college courses and stuff, and in case no one knows- it's alot of work. And I'm pretty busy after school usually and I honestly don't have the time to stay after school 4 hours every day for a week. It'd drive me insane.

I went to take last year, and I stayed after a half hour and I was like.. forget it.. and I just walked out. Even though now I regret not taking it last year cause I had half the work after school.. and now it'll be a whole other year before I get my license.. at least I have alot of friends.. and a brother, they can drive me places I need to go for now =]

I waited until earlier this year to do all that, and I'm 18. So, you're definitely not the only one. Honors and college classes, though? Sounds like you should try out for the Jeopardy teen tournament. 8)

That is magnificent =] lol

31 seems really old. Haha. At least now it does.. next thing I know I'll be 30 or something..

No that I'm calling you old or anything. You look great! And you don't act old, of course not..

Ok. Sorry. I'll quit derailing the thread...

LOL. I didn't think you were calling me old, but I know it seems soooo far away from 16. Recently I realized I've been out of the public school system (elementary, junior high, high school) longer than I was in -- 13 years in and 13-and-some-change out. It was a bit shocking because those had seemed like this gigantic chunk of my life, but it's actually less than half. And while it seemed to take for.freakin'.ever. to turn 18 or 21, time really picks up speed after college. In February, I'll have been in Raleigh 8 years, which seems unreal.

And I most certainly do not act old. =.)

And we're not derailing the thread -- we're introducing ourselves! :mrgreen:

I waited until earlier this year to do all that, and I'm 18. So, you're definitely not the only one. Honors and college classes, though? Sounds like you should try out for the Jeopardy teen tournament. 8)

Hahaha. Noooo... I'm not all that smart. I did get my grades back two days ago though.. I was so shocked.. for the first time ever I don't have a C. NOT ONE. Three A's and a high B. How insane. I'm so proud of myself you have no idea lol.

But I'm planning on taking drivers ed. this November, if I can stand being at school an extra four hours a day.. and then another week sometime after that to actually do the driving. But it'll be worth it, I suppose.

LOL. I didn't think you were calling me old, but I know it seems soooo far away from 16. Recently I realized I've been out of the public school system (elementary, junior high, high school) longer than I was in -- 13 years in and 13-and-some-change out. It was a bit shocking because those had seemed like this gigantic chunk of my life, but it's actually less than half. And while it seemed to take for.freakin'.ever. to turn 18 or 21, time really picks up speed after college. In February, I'll have been in Raleigh 8 years, which seems unreal.

And I most certainly do not act old. =.)

And we're not derailing the thread -- we're introducing ourselves! :mrgreen:

Wow. That's crazy. I realized earlier I've been living more here in the US than I have in Canada and I can't even speak English correctly lmao. That's pretty much all I realized.

And yes, I'm introducing myself.. now everyone knows everything! lol

Hey, you should be proud of yourself. That's pretty good. Once you're driving, though, you will definitely say it was worth it. It's actually pretty fun once you get used to it. I was only nervous for about a week, and then it was just like nothing. I'm pretty good, if I do say so myself. :P

I don't know if you speak English correctly, but you write it just fine.

Speaking of public school systems, I'm a product of the same county as Jennifer "Alias" Garner.

Also, I hate cleaning and putting away laundry and I realllllly should be doing at least one of those things right now.

Haha. I should be sleeping right now.

Or working on journalism stuff I have due tomorrow.. URG. I hate deadlines.

I've been told I'm a really good writer.. for someone whos first language is French.. you should hear me talk though, I have alot of trouble sometimes, like when I can't think of words to say what I want.. it's easier to write because I can take all the time in the world but talking is different.. and I have a weird accent on top of that..

I can't even speak English correctly

Seems like you're doing just fine, but it looks like you still have the Canadian spelling in you (i.e. honours). :wink:

Hey, you should be proud of yourself. That's pretty good. Once you're driving, though, you will definitely say it was worth it. It's actually pretty fun once you get used to it. I was only nervous for about a week, and then it was just like nothing. I'm pretty good, if I do say so myself. :P

Ha, I'm still nervous when driving. I hate it. I walk or take the bus everywhere now.

Hey Kermalbar.....I am a tad bit older than you and I love my 30's!!!! It is when I actually decided to comeout of my hole I had been living in and actually enjoy life some! By the way, my b/f is older than me and ALWAYS lies about his. I usually think to myself, yea, sure you are.......HA! Needless to say...he is NOT in his 30's.

Hey everyone. Been lurking here for a while, and decided to finally sign up. I'm 18 with a major in journalism and an aching for some Canes hockey.

Hey, you're similar to me. I lurked for a while and finally joined, I'm 18, I'm into journalism (I hope to be a sports writer in the near future), and I love the Hurricanes. Welcome!

That is so cool =] Look how much we all have in common! I'm taking my second Journalism class at school, I love it. I mostly find excuses to write hockey articles (I need the excuses because I think there's a record total 10 people that watch hockey at my school)

When I get out of high school I'm either going to college for graphic/web designs, or journalism (in hopes of one day writing for a hockey or sports magazine!) :D

And welcome to the forum :wink:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:hey im a hurricanes fan from the UK been following the canes and hockey for about 4 years now. my internet at home is crap so i have never been on a canes forum before but i have been promoted at work so i can scive and post on here whilst at work now. :P i am the assistant office mangager of an engineering firm and i love hockey, music, reading and film, i am very open minded and will try anything once, i wil listen to any music watch any film etc etc. i love the cane sand its a shame i live all the way over here cos i cant go to no games my favourite player is rob brindamour and my best memoery of the canes is staying up till 3 in the mornign on a work night to watch the canes lift the stanley cup (i have a cable channel i pay $30 extra a month for just to watch hockey its NASN the Norht American Sports Network) only prob is it mainly shows hockey night in canada so i very rarely see the canes. GO CANES GO.

How did you get into the Hurricanes being so far away?

And welcome!! :-)

honestly? i alwas bought the NHL games for playstation and never had an affiliation to any team. One day i decided i'd start a dynasty on the game and closed my eyes and scrolled through the menu for 5 minutes and the canes were the team it landed on- i decided their and then that they would be the team i follow.

(in hopes of one day writing for a hockey or sports magazine!)

That's great, but you'd better get knowledgable in more sports than just hockey if you want to do that. :P

Wow that's really cool! Bet you didn't know then that you'd be picking the future Stanley Cup Champions! :mrgreen:

Well welcome and glad you picked a great team on that game to follow!!

While we're asking questions, WTP, what does it say in your sig?

Who cares? It's a Canadiens banner. :P

I'm off to watch the best game show in the history of life. If you are clueless enough to have to ask what that is, turn on CBS in about 5 minutes. :wink:

(in hopes of one day writing for a hockey or sports magazine!)

That's great, but you'd better get knowledgable in more sports than just hockey if you want to do that. :P

Hey, if I write hockey what do I need to know about football for? But I know the general rules of other sports and how they're played, I just don't follow it.. Im not that out of it. Lol :P

Besides, if I write for Hockey News or Les Canadiens magazines, I don't need to know about anything else.. :D

Wow that's really cool! Bet you didn't know then that you'd be picking the future Stanley Cup Champions! :mrgreen:

Le tirs, et le but. It means like.. 'the shot, and the goal' in English, I guess, it sounds nicer in French though haha. Announcers yell it when a player goes to take a shot on goal.. and when theys core they yell ET LE BUT! really loud, it's really cool hehe.

thanks a lot yeah- like i said seeing them win lord stanley (who was english hehe) was so cool only wish i was actually at the game.

gocanes88 I love The Price is Right!! I watch it every day too! LOL LOL

Thanks Cath, it does sound much prettier in French and probably even nicer if you can actually speak it!!! :mrgreen: