The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

Allow me to introduce myself (Official Intro Thread)

Why would I like a team like that? :P

You know, I have to say, I don't mind the tight pants. :lol: but that may be just me.

yes! Soccer > American football

Yay! :D lol. Someone agrees with me!

Please. NC State, Duke, UNC? All pale in comparison to East Carolina. Remember, when you head east, you're heading into Pirate country.

Well, as far as college football goes. College basketball might be a different story.

Aw, I'm sorry. That's ok, I don't know anybody on Duke or NC State, so I'll cheer for UNC then, happy? hehe. It's not like I watch the games anyways and baby blue is my favourite colour ! :D

Hi! My name is Liz and I've been a hockey fan for a long time. I have been a Flyers fan on and off since the 70's. I became a Canes fan the same day Fightinmad did, when the Flyers traded Justin Williams, January 20,2004. I have been a fan ever since. I don't get to see too many games unless they are on versus or I listen to the game on the website. Last year at the end of the season we got a free preview of Center Ice and it was crazy, I was watching hockey every night! The year of the lockout I went crazy because I did not have my hockey fix. I love the Canes because I think the guys are great. I love the website, I think it's great. My favorite thing is "Flavor of the game" and the "ask the Canes" section. My username on the other board was hockeyfreak, but I thought I'd change it to show my favorite player.Oh and I hate Buffalo and Tampa Bay.

'

Please. NC State, Duke, UNC? All pale in comparison to East Carolina. Remember, when you head east, you're heading into Pirate country.

Well, as far as college football goes. College basketball might be a different story.

I'm heading there tomorrow. GO HERD!

American football > soccer

Glad to see a Marshall player here. Should definitely be a great game tomorrow. If I remember correctly, we're both up high in the standings, so this could be a deciding game.

Too bad you guys don't stand a chance :wink:

I'm telling you, with Liz joining us, I am almost convinced that the amount of ladies here is about equal to the number of guys here. On a hockey forum?! I love it! That must mean we have some of the coolest girls ever here. :P

And me! Football annoys me sooooo much..

:cry:

Hey Everyone! I'm Karen, a lurker of the boards and a relative newcomer to the game of hockey. Having 3 brothers, I grew up a sports fanatic. They played mostly Football, Baseball and Soccer and I lost my voice countless of times yelling at them from the sidelines....LOL :) I was never really into Hockey. I mean, after all, it's just a bunch of guys on skates pushing a puck up and down the ice with a stick. How terribly exciting can that be? As I learned last year, that is pretty darn exciting!!! I watched one Hurricane game with my friend's 9 year old son and I've been hooked ever since! When I'm not watching the Canes play, I can usually be found taping up some girl's mouth with duct tape because she absolutely insists on talking during the game!! :twisted: I mean, uh, I can be found watching my beloved Dallas Cowboys, Atlanta Braves, or on rare occassions, my Alabama Crimson Tide. Or listening to music. Or socializing. Or getting in trouble....the list is endless :mrgreen:

I lost my voice countless of times yelling at them from the sidelines....LOL :)

Been there. I miss those days.

Alabama Crimson Tide.

WORD! ROLL TIDE!

Well, I like Auburn too...

I hate it when my best friends go to rival schools. Haha.