The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Heads up for the STH Gift Incentive Program Update

Looking forward to seeing what we have in the catalogue to choose from. Last year I got the video frame (which was cool), the autographed player photo (Cam, which was great), and the autographed player puck (Pitkanen) which I promptly banned from the house, but allowed back in once we brought Cole home from his northern adventure.

I was hoping for more player-related things this year though and less *tailgating*  and *office* stuff. Yes, tailgating is a fun RBC tradition, but I have more than enough chairs, coolers, golf umbrellas, etc. and way more bags, laptop cases, etc. than I could ever use thanks to the stuff I get as prizes from our other hobby, as those types of items are often make up the prizes at our events.

Maybe in the future we'd see a special numbered litho that went for 20 points, more limited than even the regular STH one. That would be a cool item. :-)

L

Looking forward to seeing what we have in the catalogue to choose from. Last year I got the video frame (which was cool), the autographed player photo (Cam, which was great), and the autographed player puck (Pitkanen) which I promptly banned from the house, but allowed back in once we brought Cole home from his northern adventure.

I was hoping for more player-related things this year though and less *tailgating*  and *office* stuff. Yes, tailgating is a fun RBC tradition, but I have more than enough chairs, coolers, golf umbrellas, etc. and way more bags, laptop cases, etc. than I could ever use thanks to the stuff I get as prizes from our other hobby, as those types of items are often make up the prizes at our events.

Maybe in the future we'd see a special numbered litho that went for 20 points, more limited than even the regular STH one. That would be a cool item. :-)

L

was hoping they added a 10' x 10' Canes EasyUp but it didn't make the cut.

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

caniac-97']

was hoping they added a 10' x 10' Canes EasyUp but it didn't make the cut.

Can I cash mine in for a win?

if only it worked that way.  i would forfeit mine plus throw in a couple of vouchers for a two game win streak.

hockeybaby']They should have included a truck load of PANIC BUTTONS
wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

superdave gives this 2 thumbs up and a standing ovation.  

Do I get post of the week winner?

[quote name='hockeybaby wrote:

super-dave-1 wrote:

wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

I don't know about that but your post in the Halloween thread is getting strong consideration laugh.gif

[quote name='hockeybaby wrote:

super-dave-1 wrote:

wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

I'm a two time winner and if it's like Heisman Trophy voting, all ex winners get a vote.  I'll vote for you.  

hockeybaby wrote:

super-dave-1']

I'm a two time winner and if it's like Heisman Trophy voting, all ex winners get a vote.  I'll vote for you.  That's the best thing I've heard since the season started!!

So mid to late November has come and gone and we are now nearing mid December.  Anyone hear an update?  I guess they are trying to stretch it out to continue to give us something to look forward to because we don't have much else?

Just finished looking over the catalogue. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the choices this year as compared to last year--too much tailgating stuff, which I expected. Cannot believe they put a Hurricanes *Cornhole* set as one of their options. Those things are a hazzard in the parking lots on gameday! Even after living here for a decade, I just do not get the fascination with playing that, but I know it is a popular activity amongst the native North Carolinians.

I'm glad I got the digital frame last year as they did not offer that again (nor did they offer the golf bags).

No clue what I'll be spending my 20 points on, but need to decide fast. If you've got points, note that they expire at the end of the month.

L

P.S. If there is anything on there that people are interested in who either don't have points, or don't have enough to get what they want, I am open to offers. Just send me a PM.

I'm really not impressed by what was offered this year either.  Great if you tail gate a lot, but I don't.  I even mentioned to my ticket rep about possibly adding a nice charm for the women.  We see that, that didn't make it.  LOL  Just the watches, which I got last year.  Just digging for stuff now to waste points on.  grin.gif

I did try to redeem our points, and kept getting an error message.  I've sent a note into the Canes to see what the deal is.

it isn't ready for prime time yet, tried to spend my points and it gave me an "unknown exception error" and would not add things to my cart.

it isn't ready for prime time yet, tried to spend my points and it gave me an "unknown exception error" and would not add things to my cart.
Ahaa!!  You are getting the same error I did.  At least I'm not the only one.  Now I can't even log onto the redemption site.  Isn't technology lovely??

[quote name='GhoulieGirl wrote:

caniac-97']it isn't ready for prime time yet, tried to spend my points and it gave me an "unknown exception error" and would not add things to my cart.

Ahaa!!  You are getting the same error I did.  At least I'm not the only one.  Now I can't even log onto the redemption site.  Isn't technology lovely??

I remember the day that you were suppose to test code before putting it into production!!  Now all these young whippersnappers just work on the live code and hope for the best!

[quote name='caniac-97 wrote:

GhoulieGirl wrote:

caniac-97']it isn't ready for prime time yet, tried to spend my points and it gave me an "unknown exception error" and would not add things to my cart.

I remember the day that you were suppose to test code before putting it into production!!  Now all these young whippersnappers just work on the live code and hope for the best!

Plug in Pray comes to mind for this.  I will say that apparently the site is working for now.  Just ordered our gifts, so now the $20.00 question is, how long will it stay working. 

I remember too, nowadays they call it Agile or RAD so it sounds like they know what they are doing. Or better yet, just call everything Beta....

Sorry, just taking a break from software development by defect management... bangHead.gif  icon_topic.gif

We moved down our STH plan this year, so we have less points.  Because of that, I'm looking at the 1 and 2 point stuff.

Believe it or not, I'm actually kind of jazzed about getting some koozies and luggage tags.  Really!  This is stuff I'll actually use.

Last year, we got some bags and what not.  I actually forgot where we put them.  Sad.  Just another American with too much junk I guess.

Forgot to mention one thing.  The catalog is missing the following:

- Rose colored glasses

- Lollipops

- Rainbow charms

wink.gif

- Rose colored glasses

- Lollipops

- Rainbow charms

wink.gif

Also missing the B and M banner and doll.  For all those negative types.  M stands for Moan.

grin.gif

- Rose colored glasses

- Lollipops

- Rainbow charms

wink.gif

dylans-candy-bar-charm-bracelet.png

09lmpj001ai.jpg

lollypop1.jpg

rose_colored_glasses.jpg