The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

The All Positive Thread

well, here's something positive that's actually about hockey. Corvo is starting to get hisshots through on the powerplay, which has gotten better, we're taking less penalties than before. Scott Walker broke his 8 game goalless streak last night. Michael Leighton is well rested in case we need him.=) We have the sharks coming to town on Sunday and Ruutu will be back. Chad Larose is on the top line of an NHL team thats positive for him, not sure if it is for anyone else, but we gotta take what we can get now.

I am with you!  As I told some posters yesterday, we have seen worse!  We have been bottom of the barrel before.  It isn't fun, and it sure isn't a nice way to end a season, but we have been there and come out the other side.  Think about it!  We were bottom of the league for two season, had the lockout, and then what happened?  OH, YEAH!  WE CAME BACK AND WON A CUP!  There are very few teams that are going to be top of the pack every year.  Sure, we wish that could be us, but I say lets just sit back and enjoy having hockey here at all!  I know people are frustrated, but would they really want the Canes to pack it all up and move elsewhere?  Well, other than the old Whalers fans!  laugh.gif  All I know is that it is early yet, and we still have a long ways to go!  Things have PLENTY of time to turn around, and we have all the right pieces.  As I said last night, I feel that the boys will only be humiliated for so long before they come out with a fire.  And if not, there is an old Canes II thread around here somewhere with our message board team that we can dust off if need be!  If confidence is really part of their issue, we need to stay positive to show them that we know they can do it, and that we aren't going anywhere.  And lastly, LET'S GO CANES!  You got this!  Now just believe it!

well, here's something positive that's actually about hockey. Corvo is starting to get hisshots through on the powerplay, which has gotten better, we're taking less penalties than before. Scott Walker broke his 8 game goalless streak last night. Michael Leighton is well rested in case we need him.=) We have the sharks coming to town on Sunday and Ruutu will be back. Chad Larose is on the top line of an NHL team thats positive for him, not sure if it is for anyone else, but we gotta take what we can get now.
Now we're talking.  Well done smile.gif

We either pick it up or get a great draft pick. Its a win-win.

Regardless of how well we do this season, we need a great draft pick!  And we need to start utilizing them!  I want a playoff run, but I'll be more than happy to get an awesome draft pick!  It really is win-win in the grand scheme of things.  And, in all honesty, we've been needing a solid rebuilding year for awhile now.  Out with some of the old, and bring in some new!

I'd also love for this to be the year of a captain change.  That might not be a positive to everyone, but think of all the possibilities that could happen!  And think of how much fun the speculation would be!  Personally, I'd love for the Captain position to be one that is earned monthly, and that the strongest leader of the team would get to wear the C.  It might give some of the guys something to fight for in the short term, which could lead to good things in the long term.  I think that would be fun to watch!

After years of buying individual tickets to 25 or so games a year, I'm a STH for the first time and I will be able to buy cheap playoff tickets this season for the first time.

I've got that and the total conciousness that the Dhali Llama promised me on his death bed.

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but our team did win the Cup in 2006. Just think of all the teams that have been around longer than our franchise has been here that haven't won it. I've been saying this about the NCSU basketball team for a long time now too, of course I wasn't around to witness them win a championship while the 2006 cup is still fresh in my mind and on my DVD player as I am watching the championship DVDpimp.gif. Those days of glory will return, perhaps even sooner than we think.

After years of buying individual tickets to 25 or so games a year, I'm a STH for the first time and I will be able to buy cheap playoff tickets this season for the first time.

I've got that and the total conciousness that the Dhali Llama promised me on his death bed.

@ least you gotz that goin' for ya which is nice wink.gif

1) I think our team has always played better when their backs are to the wall. 

2)This is the same team (absent Seids and Babs) that went on the surprising run last year. The pieces are still there. The ability to play grinding, gutsy hockey is still there.

3) They just have to find the identity and confidence again. That is a mental/mind set thing---which should be an easier fix than needing a bunch of new players or a new coach.

THEY WILL GET IT TOGETHER !!             GO CANES  !!