The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

The All Positive Thread

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but our team did win the Cup in 2006. Just think of all the teams that have been around longer than our franchise has been here that haven't won it. I've been saying this about the NCSU basketball team for a long time now too, of course I wasn't around to witness them win a championship while the 2006 cup is still fresh in my mind and on my DVD player as I am watching the championship DVDpimp.gif. Those days of glory will return, perhaps even sooner than we think.

I've been on this planet for almost 50 years and had NEVER had any sports team I'd rooted for win a championship, until the Hurricanes in 2006. I seriously did not know how to act. I know they can do it again - if not this year, then soon.

So I have been a STH going on 4 years now. As a Caniac I support my team 100% whether they win or loose. This is OUR TEAM and as Caniacs we should have enough confidence in them even if they don't have enough confidence in themselves. I went to the game last Wednesday against the Blues and I cannot stand to go to a game and hear our fans booing our team, who are we? The Habs or Rangers fans? They already feel bad enough why do we have to drag them down to the next level? We are going to have ups and downs, but the good thing about this being a long season and in particular this being the beginning of the season is that we can turn it around. Last season proved that.

I remember a point in last season when we were "going through a slump" and someone got the bright idea for all the Caniacs to sign a big banner to hang in the Canes locker room. I think we should do that again. If that is what will help the team and show the team that we will support them and we have enough faith in them then I say do it. It will serve as a daily reminder to them why they love playing in front of us and why we have the rep as being a great city to play in and great fans to be in front of.

There are plenty of positives to take already out of this short season start. Ward has been playing some of the most consistent hockey I have seen since becoming a STH. I heard an interview with The Wizard where he said although it's debatable he believes we have the best goalie in the NHL and I agree. (and not just because I'm a HUGE Wardo fan either) Some other positives is how good was Sutter today on a line with Jussi and Sammy? Bringing him up was a good thing. That whole line was fantastic today. Cullen and LaRose have been another duo that always shows up on the ice, but we know those two will go until they can't go anymore. Joni has been another one, look how much he shows up game in and game out? And okay whether you all want to admit it or not we all love the fighting. Last season we were a team that could be "run all over" or "wasn't big enough." Well this season no one can say that. Todays game was a perfect example of that. I mean heck Aaron Ward took down Hartnell for his cheap shot on Joni. How many times can you say you've seen that happen? Our players are sticking up for each other and that says something to me about this team.

We are going to have our ups and our downs, but the one thing that needs to stay consistent is our support and our faith in this team. I for one do not want to see this team go anywhere for years to come. I drive an hour and a half to come see the games. I love being there with all the fellow Caniacs, I love being able to watch the best game in sports, I love be able to say that I'm a fan of a team that plays in the "Loudest House in the NHL."

And if nothing I've said has brought a smile to your face or made you remember why we love OUR TEAM then just remember this....

At lease none of our players have been diagnosed with the swine flu.

12 years

3 Eastern Conference Finals

2 Stanley Cup Final appearances

1 Cup

AMEN to that my friend... exactly what I was going to post.  By the way, most arenas only go up to 10... we go up to 11 - we're 1 louder, mate.  Gotta show some Spinal Tap love.

On a positive note:

If it's hockey season, it's also deer season!

We need to deliver some deer and potatos for Ruutu, Jokinen and Pitkanen before the game.  Some Finnish home cooking might help 'em get a win.

<-----see this? It's November. Flip the calendar, turn the page. Push the reset button. Have a Coke and a Smile.

There's still one team in the league with a lower point total.  Toronto.

We've always got that to hang our hat on.

so we still have that goal to shoot for?

So I have been a STH going on 4 years now. As a Caniac I support my team 100% whether they win or loose. This is OUR TEAM and as Caniacs we should have enough confidence in them even if they don't have enough confidence in themselves. I went to the game last Wednesday against the Blues and I cannot stand to go to a game and hear our fans booing our team, who are we? The Habs or Rangers fans? They already feel bad enough why do we have to drag them down to the next level? We are going to have ups and downs, but the good thing about this being a long season and in particular this being the beginning of the season is that we can turn it around. Last season proved that.

I remember a point in last season when we were "going through a slump" and someone got the bright idea for all the Caniacs to sign a big banner to hang in the Canes locker room. I think we should do that again. If that is what will help the team and show the team that we will support them and we have enough faith in them then I say do it. It will serve as a daily reminder to them why they love playing in front of us and why we have the rep as being a great city to play in and great fans to be in front of.

There are plenty of positives to take already out of this short season start. Ward has been playing some of the most consistent hockey I have seen since becoming a STH. I heard an interview with The Wizard where he said although it's debatable he believes we have the best goalie in the NHL and I agree. (and not just because I'm a HUGE Wardo fan either) Some other positives is how good was Sutter today on a line with Jussi and Sammy? Bringing him up was a good thing. That whole line was fantastic today. Cullen and LaRose have been another duo that always shows up on the ice, but we know those two will go until they can't go anymore. Joni has been another one, look how much he shows up game in and game out? And okay whether you all want to admit it or not we all love the fighting. Last season we were a team that could be "run all over" or "wasn't big enough." Well this season no one can say that. Todays game was a perfect example of that. I mean heck Aaron Ward took down Hartnell for his cheap shot on Joni. How many times can you say you've seen that happen? Our players are sticking up for each other and that says something to me about this team.

We are going to have our ups and our downs, but the one thing that needs to stay consistent is our support and our faith in this team. I for one do not want to see this team go anywhere for years to come. I drive an hour and a half to come see the games. I love being there with all the fellow Caniacs, I love being able to watch the best game in sports, I love be able to say that I'm a fan of a team that plays in the "Loudest House in the NHL."

And if nothing I've said has brought a smile to your face or made you remember why we love OUR TEAM then just remember this....

At lease none of our players have been diagnosed with the swine flu.

I don't remember this banner, but that sounds like a really good idea. Maybe one of our Admins could start a thread asking our members and other Caniacs to write a positive message that will be given to the team?

I also want to point out how lucky we are to have a Major-league franchise playing here in the first place. It's the only one in the Triangle and probably will stay that way. This team is still the only Major Championship team in the Carolina's, so we as fans just gotta hold on.

this isnt a pep rally for a high school team, maybe its my mood, but they neeeed to score and prevent other teams from scoring.. simple...

this isnt a pep rally for a high school team, maybe its my mood, but they neeeed to score and prevent other teams from scoring.. simple...
Actually this thread is a pep rally for us fans who are finding more and more difficult to find some positives to hold onto.

Erik Cole skated great today and his speed really does add a dimension to the team.  If someone could skate with him and distract the defenders a little, I think he'd get better scoring chances or at least have someone to receive his passes.

Let's not forget - FL is ahead of us in the bottom dweller standings, we LOST to the lowly Isles, we LOST to the lowly Wild.  Not out the realm of possibility we'll lose to both FL AND TO!!!

Oh wait, this is supposed to be an all positive thread - hmm,  well, if we keep playing the way we've been playing, maybe we'll get #1 draft pick.  Anyone know how deep the 2010 class is?