The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

The All Positive Thread

Greetings from Atlanta's Nasty Nest.  I am NOT here to gloat, but as an expert in following a traditionally cr*ppy team, lemme just say that a true fan remains a fan, good or bad.  If anything, this should help you to figure out who is a real fan, and who is a fair weather one.  It is easy to cheer for a winner, but to cheer for a loser speaks to character.  Keep your chins up!  (Unless you play Atlanta, and then you can stare at the ground kickin' rocks - that's just how rivalries work!)

Billsen

PS - it could be worse.  You could be a Leafs fan!

Greetings from Atlanta's Nasty Nest.  I am NOT here to gloat, but as an expert in following a traditionally cr*ppy team, lemme just say that a true fan remains a fan, good or bad.  If anything, this should help you to figure out who is a real fan, and who is a fair weather one.  It is easy to cheer for a winner, but to cheer for a loser speaks to character.  Keep your chins up!  (Unless you play Atlanta, and then you can stare at the ground kickin' rocks - that's just how rivalries work!)

Billsen

PS - it could be worse.  You could be a Leafs fan!

I was a fan in 2003 when we were 30th, I was a fan in 2006, when we won the Cup, I will be a fan no matter what.

By the way, thanks for the great welcome when we came down last February when a bunch of us came to party with the Nasty Nest.

Erik Cole came back, and looked good. No matter how bad we are, it's always a treat to watch my favorite player. He just makes everything seem alright, even if for only the opening shifts.

Us fans have gone through very rough times here.  Back in 2002-2003 the 'Canes had the worst season in franchise history and finished dead last in the NHL.  That summer Eric Staal came along in the draft and less than three years later a little thing called the Stanley Cup was lifted at center ice.  We'll have no problem getting over this slump. In the next couple months the 'Canes will be right back in the hunt for a playoff spot!!

As long as the Canes keep playing like this, I'll be able to pick up some tickets on the glass for cheap for one game.  I always wanted to sit on the glass in the corner.

Lets look at the current state of affairs in Canesville. How do we clean up this mess. Here are some ideas I came up with.

1. Fire Maurice. Jim you fired him once you know how to do that. Why did you bring him back in the first place. especially when John Tortorella was available.? Who is a much better coach. Cup count Tortoella 1 Maurice 0. That says it all.

2. Staal. super star NO. Average maybe. I have yet to see him lead. Look an Inginla in Calgary. he has the guts to back up his mouth and rally the troops. Staal runs his mouth when the linesmen and his teammates are between him and an opponent. The gloves stay on and a man sticks up for him. If preformed my job as poorly has he does, I am out the door. He needs to prove to me that he is what we are told he his. Sutter is only one goal behind him. Think about it.

3. Cammy- glasses might help that way he can see what is going on around him. granted the D sucks I really felt that with Aaron Ward coming back the D would be ok NOT. Also Corvo is not doing what we were told he could do SCORE what is his . I am glad I have not bought a ticket to a game yet. At least I can turn the TV off and not feel obligated to spend $30.00 at the consession stand.

Don't get me wrong fellow caniacs, I love the canes it just hurts to the soul how bad things are going right now. I pray daily that I will wake up and October was just a bad dream.

Lets look at the current state of affairs in Canesville. How do we clean up this mess. Here are some ideas I came up with.

1. Fire Maurice. Jim you fired him once you know how to do that. Why did you bring him back in the first place. especially when John Tortorella was available.? Who is a much better coach. Cup count Tortoella 1 Maurice 0. That says it all.

2. Staal. super star NO. Average maybe. I have yet to see him lead. Look an Inginla in Calgary. he has the guts to back up his mouth and rally the troops. Staal runs his mouth when the linesmen and his teammates are between him and an opponent. The gloves stay on and a man sticks up for him. If preformed my job as poorly has he does, I am out the door. He needs to prove to me that he is what we are told he his. Sutter is only one goal behind him. Think about it.

3. Cammy- glasses might help that way he can see what is going on around him. granted the D sucks I really felt that with Aaron Ward coming back the D would be ok NOT. Also Corvo is not doing what we were told he could do SCORE what is his . I am glad I have not bought a ticket to a game yet. At least I can turn the TV off and not feel obligated to spend $30.00 at the consession stand.

Don't get me wrong fellow caniacs, I love the canes it just hurts to the soul how bad things are going right now. I pray daily that I will wake up and October was just a bad dream.

Hi and welcome smile.gif 

Lets try and keep this thread the one thread for those desperately looking for reasons to stay positive.  Feel free to re-post all your ideas in this thread.

We are POSITIVLY not playing up to our potential!
Boy, thats a real pick me up.  Thanks.

As a STH for the first time, I'll have playoff priority and won't have to pay the high prices for individual playoff tickets.

I almost went broke last season.  This year's going to be different.

As a STH for the first time, I'll have playoff priority and won't have to pay the high prices for individual playoff tickets.

I almost went broke last season.  This year's going to be different.

We will get first draft pick plus I won't have to juggle my finances to squeeze in playoff strips.  Will make for an easy spring for me.

November is the key month here. Plenty of winnable games coming up. 9 home games, several of them against opponents who are either struggling overall or struggling on the road. Some road games, including Wednesday's against Florida, that should be considered winnable. The Panthers are 1-4-0 at home. Great chance for us to get our first road win and get things rolling.

Now, December looks like another disaster area, because almost everyone we play is a top caliber team.

So, we desperately need this stretch in November to get our confidence back, get the play style back. If we don't do it in the next 4 weeks, then I think you're going to see some big time changes (re: trades) of some of our more experienced personnel.

^^^ agreed. If we are in the same place a month from now, there is a 4 game gap the first week of December. The team gets blown up then, and the youth movement starts early. It would suck for this year, but might be better in the long run. I hated when the Giants seemed to give up and benched Kurt Warner and went with Manning in 2004, but that one paid off. Not that I want to see that this year, just looking ahead for future optimistic needs, I guess. smile.gif

[quote name='TSA wrote:

DJHARLEY']We are POSITIVLY not playing up to our potential!

Boy, thats a real pick me up.  Thanks.

It was a POSITIVE statement that we aren't playing UP (keyword) to our potential. Which means i feel that we ARE(another keyword)alot better than we are playing..Therefore once we change things around and are playing @ or above our potential we WILL(3rd kw) be in a better place!!

Here's 10.

1. Got the three year price freeze.

2. Sold a bunch of tickets before the season started.

3. Deep playoff runs are draining on the bank account_2. Still paying for last year.

4. I think I saw something about the merchandise program coming back. Might get a nice watch.

5. Might get to see some exciting trades soon.

6. The draft pick thing.

7. We have some good potential down in Albany.

8. Can't get any worse.

9. Easier getting out after games.

10. Not quite as bummed out when games aren't on television.