The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

The All Positive Thread

Why does NHL.com Standings list our losses as 5 in a row, not 11? D:
Well that IS something positive laugh.gif

Why does NHL.com Standings list our losses as 5 in a row, not 11? D:
I noticed this the other day...they had been counting them up to about 7 or 8, but I guess they fired the web guy from Hartford, or someone pointed out that it should only count L and not OTL. So I guess we should call it an 11 game unwinning streak.sick.gif

Who on here believes that a crowd can elevate a team and their level of play...... I was in the crowd for the .02 Juicy goal...and the cardiac finish...I have seen the crowd actually will the team to win... I say we keep watching...keep cheering them on...my guess is they are well aware of how bad things are with out any outside comments or boo's at the arena or anywhere else... I have tickets for the game at the end of the month CANES vs CAPS and I fully expect a win !!! just as I do every game ... I have seen the CANES totally stink it up... I have seen them make it almost...and I ahve seen them GO ALL THE WAY TO THE CUP  and WIN IT...wooohooo... Gotta hold on even in the lean times... GO CANES wink.gif
I agree 100% with you pkling. I told two guys at my work that are so frustrated with this streak on Friday that if I'm the lone Caniac in the stands cheering them on night in and night out if they are loosing then I will be that Caniac. This is our team and you don't turn your back on your team. We've seen the highs and the lows and I want to be there for the highs again. It will happen. I have faith in my team. Yes we took a HUGE hit tonight if something serious has happened to Cam, but look what happened when Roddy went out and was gone for the rest of the season? Staal carried this team on his back and we went high! Someone will take this team and carry them to victories again. Just believe in our Canes, they will get it done.

[quote name='captain_jack88 wrote:

caniac30']I remember a point in last season when we were "going through a slump" and someone got the bright idea for all the Caniacs to sign a big banner to hang in the Canes locker room. I think we should do that again. If that is what will help the team and show the team that we will support them and we have enough faith in them then I say do it. It will serve as a daily reminder to them why they love playing in front of us and why we have the rep as being a great city to play in and great fans to be in front of. 

I don't remember this banner, but that sounds like a really good idea. Maybe one of our Admins could start a thread asking our members and other Caniacs to write a positive message that will be given to the team?

I also want to point out how lucky we are to have a Major-league franchise playing here in the first place. It's the only one in the Triangle and probably will stay that way. This team is still the only Major Championship team in the Carolina's, so we as fans just gotta hold on.

captain_jack88: so someone got through to the higher ups. last night I went to the Leafs game and before I went down for the pre-game skate there was a banner near section 110 that people could sign. My friend actually text me before I got in there and said someone listened and there was a banner. I hope all the Caniacs messages to the team are read and really help turn this thing around.

I loved your other point. We are so lucky to have them here. I would hate to live in Maryland and have to be a Crapitals fan just to watch hockey. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else than right here cheering on my Canes and like I said I want to be doing this for a long time to come. Look at how many people said that hockey wouldn't work down here and you know what...we proved them wrong. We will prove everyone wrong again with what they are saying about our team now. Just hold on good times are ahead for the Canes and the Caniacs!

Cam will fly back to Carolina today...The team plays at home on Wed... Justin Williams will be back in the building (he has always been fun to watch)... I have off Wed. and may be able to make the 2 hour ride and pick up some tickets to watch the game... Anytime I get to watch a game in person is a positive thing...winning is sweeter but I will take what I can get... It will be the first time this season I get to see B.Sutter and Boychuck on the ice as a CANE... Just trying to stay positive... See you there :-)

LETS GO CANES

[quote name='caniac30 wrote:

pkling']Who on here believes that a crowd can elevate a team and their level of play...... I was in the crowd for the .02 Juicy goal...and the cardiac finish...I have seen the crowd actually will the team to win... I say we keep watching...keep cheering them on...my guess is they are well aware of how bad things are with out any outside comments or boo's at the arena or anywhere else... I have tickets for the game at the end of the month CANES vs CAPS and I fully expect a win !!! just as I do every game ... I have seen the CANES totally stink it up... I have seen them make it almost...and I ahve seen them GO ALL THE WAY TO THE CUP  and WIN IT...wooohooo... Gotta hold on even in the lean times... GO CANES 
wink.gif

I agree 100% with you pkling. I told two guys at my work that are so frustrated with this streak on Friday that if I'm the lone Caniac in the stands cheering them on night in and night out if they are loosing then I will be that Caniac. This is our team and you don't turn your back on your team. We've seen the highs and the lows and I want to be there for the highs again. It will happen. I have faith in my team. Yes we took a HUGE hit tonight if something serious has happened to Cam, but look what happened when Roddy went out and was gone for the rest of the season? Staal carried this team on his back and we went high! Someone will take this team and carry them to victories again. Just believe in our Canes, they will get it done.

You'd only be the lone Caniac on Fridays, and that's only because I have to work every Friday night.

Damn. Look at his nose. Is that this season?

Definitely broken.  There's a positive, Conboy inflicted hurt in a fight.

Damn. Look at his nose. Is that this season?

Yea, it's from the last Blues game. Thought it wasn't much of a fight because none of the punches connected cleanly. Guess I was wrong. 

The Canes are going to see a lot of back up goaltenders.  That's good, right?

Good for them.  We've been making them look like Hall of Famers so far this season.

[quote name=TSA]The Canes are going to see a lot of back up goaltenders.  That's good, right?Maybe other teams will take us lightly and use us as a nite off. If that does happen we POSITIVELY have to take advantage of it

[quote name='DJHARLEY wrote:

TSA
']The Canes are going to see a lot of back up goaltenders.  That's good, right?

Maybe other teams will take us lightly and use us as a nite off. If that does happen we POSITIVELY have to take advantage of it

We are like a coiled injured serpent right now, let the fools ignore the rattling, and when we strike they will utter our names in disbelief.

Well, for me I guess the biggest positive now; is that our current dismal play this season has sent a clear message to Team Management to rebuild.  While I doubt we'll be post-season candidates this year, it ought to be pretty exciting to watch the re-building process.  Seeing younger players come in, that want to prove something, and trading for young players that are diamonds in the rough....like Ruutu..they just need a chance.  This is a great game to watch, for several reasons.  We just have to alter our perspectives a little.

This franchise has seen great success for the miniscule time they have been here. There are long-existing franchises that have never hoisted Lord Stanley's Cup.  Keep the flags, banners, and magnets up!  Keep buying tickets, keep going to the games and cheering for your Canes.  Things may not turn around this season, but this organization will turn things around. 

PS:  Nice Rainbows there above, I'm not into sitting around the campfire and singing cumbayah under the rainbows.  Most on here are realists, but if you don't try to stay positive about the TEAM...not the players, not the coaches, not the management;  THE TEAM, who you gonna gripe about when they're gone?