The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

The All Positive Thread

At the end of last season Mo made an observation in public (but I can't site the exact quote) He said in the beginning, the franchise

fought to find their place in this community. But in a little over ten years things have changed and fans have responded. And now the

team belongs to this community. He went on to say that the coaches and players were now just "caretakers" of our team.

As a fan, I felt good about that comment. I guess it is a "Caniac Thing". So I encourage all to appreciate our team and continue to

support it, even if they have to make some internal changes, even when they have bad times--------because we love having hockey

here and it is our team !!!        wub.gif

I came home at lunch during the noreaster to check on things only to discover my bestest and favorite Canes yard flag had flown the coop.  After giving up hope of ever seeing it again, I found it floating in a canal by the road one half mile from the house.  It is now back in its rightful place by the mailbox.  This is a sign I tell you, a sign ............

No matter how far they fall, there is always a way back up, if you continue to strive, to reach for that goal, you will succeed. It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, but I assure you it will happen again. We are Carolina, We are the Hurricanes, We are at the bottom. Time to start climbing. "Positivity can come from every activity, listen to me listen to me...."<--greatest rap song ever. The group is Morbid Psychosis, look it up.

roll.gifthis team is the worst scoring bunch i have ever seen,,,,plus their defence is not worth a crap..........in the leagues last place and still falling deeper,,they will be lucky to get 50 points this season,,,one thing i beleive , they will break a record this season, guess what it'll be....

^^^ Well that's great to hear, since this is the last open Saturday until January, which is the only one remaining for the whole season. Oh wait this is the positive thread...well, at least most of them are home games!

Personally, I can't come up with anything positive. Ok, well my mouth is minty fresh at the moment, but that's probably not in the true spirit of this thread.

So, I'll let Ruutu do it for me.

From Chip's N&O Fri.blog, referring to Ruutu:

"Tonight is the night. I've really got to believe it," he said, sittingin his locker after the morning skate. "Yeah, it's tonight. I feel it."

After his 2 goal game Wed., I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Yes. Minty.

Personally, I can't come up with anything positive. Ok, well my mouth is minty fresh at the moment, but that's probably not in the true spirit of this thread.

So, I'll let Ruutu do it for me.

From Chip's N&O Fri.blog, referring to Ruutu:

"Tonight is the night. I've really got to believe it," he said, sittingin his locker after the morning skate. "Yeah, it's tonight. I feel it."

After his 2 goal game Wed., I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Yes. Minty.

I am looking forward to $1 hot dog night, sure it is lips, ears, and such but it is only a buck instead of the $4 they normally charge.  And I am positively excited about that, now if a hockey game breaks out and we win then that is just the gravy on the night.

I've been thinking about this. Ruutu's optimism is contagious. I, too, believe tonight is the night. Manny has a shutout. In fact he goes on to have 64 of them the rest of the season, except the one unfortunate game where he lets in 25 goals. Much like they caught on before the playoffs last season, they catch fire now. They finish the season at 67-12-13, without a loss. This, of course, leads them to a Southeast divisional title and a stunning run in the playoffs. They shock the hockey world, after a dismal 2-12-13 start, and win the Stanley Cup.

Wait, that isn't mint in my mouth. It's some other green leaf that looks like mint. I need a Twinkie.

We are only 11 pts off a play off spot AND the conference standings have us as Lost 1!!

That's because the rest of the games were "winless" not losses.  biggrin.gif

Devils dump Pens

Beating the slumping Pittsburgh Penguins 4-1 on Thursday night.... wink.gif  Sorry this made me smile...

It could happen we could have our "win-less streak" now and get it out of the way and then come "STORMING" on ... Going to be a strange season for all of the teams considering the Olympics... anything could happen GO CANES you're not out till the last game of the season is played... ( I may be delusional but we do have a cup right)

Teams that have never won the Cup are: Los Angeles Kings, St. Louis Blues, Buffalo Sabres, Vancouver Canucks, Washington Capitals, Winnipeg Jets/Phoenix Coyotes, San Jose Sharks, the current Ottawa Senators, Anaheim Ducks, Florida Panthers, Nashville Predators, Minnesota Wild, Columbus Blue Jackets.

Notice the "Carolina Hurricanes" are NOT on the list...

Wooohooo GO CANES... See we do know how to win...

and to top it off the $1 hot dogs were nasty, not even the usual high quality lips and ears. BUT it did give me an excuse to eat ice cream to get the nasty taste out of my mouth!

#1 We have hockey in NC in the first place.

#2 We are all just a little bit spoiled from the past (not a bad thing)

#3 Parking is not as rough as it used to be. (sorry, had to)

#4 I was at the game against the isles and it was good to see the building explode when Tim Gleason score the tying goal  and I will also add that it was good to see the true Caniacs who braved ridacule from family and friends who pounded them with questions like "why are you going to the game??? they stink." Heres to the people who come to watch a team in the worst slump in their exisistance. Why??? Because we flippin' love them!

#1 We have hockey in NC in the first place.

#2 We are all just a little bit spoiled from the past (not a bad thing)

#3 Parking is not as rough as it used to be. (sorry, had to)

#4 I was at the game against the isles and it was good to see the building explode when Tim Gleason score the tying goal  and I will also add that it was good to see the true Caniacs who braved ridacule from family and friends who pounded them with questions like "why are you going to the game??? they stink." Heres to the people who come to watch a team in the worst slump in their exisistance. Why??? Because we flippin' love them!

Teams that have never won the Cup are: Los Angeles Kings, St. Louis Blues, Buffalo Sabres, Vancouver Canucks, Washington Capitals, Winnipeg Jets/Phoenix Coyotes, San Jose Sharks, the current Ottawa Senators, Anaheim Ducks, Florida Panthers, Nashville Predators, Minnesota Wild, Columbus Blue Jackets.

Notice the "Carolina Hurricanes" are NOT on the list...

Wooohooo GO CANES... See we do know how to win...

Anaheim won the year after the Canes did, but point well taken. 

This win could be a major turning point for this team. This is the first game where I thought we could come back, and that we were showing some fight, and frankly looking %$&$ off with ourselves for our sloppy play in the first. Cole has looked very good the last 2 games. Even Brindy didn't have any "howlers"!!! It's all goodhappy.gif

After last night I had to search for something...
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/209847.html
I found this article and feel much better... It reminded me...We were there once and WE WILL BE AGAIN...probably not this year...hockey is a long season... we may have many more losses ahead but there will be some wins (every team has an off nightlaugh.gif) I hope Buffalo has 1 of those nights tonight... This team needs it and the Fans Definitely need it... Even after last nights complete collapse I will be there again tonight watching, looking for ANY bright spot (Sutter) to smile about... Winning is nice, no doubt, but watching a 60 minute hockey game can be exciting too... LETS GO CANES...