The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

The All Positive Thread

After last night I had to search for something...

Me too (what a hangover) smile.gif.  I found that Brind'Amour was a plus 1, the Canes outshot Atlanta 36-34, and we didn't take a penalty or let up a Power Play goal in the 3rd period.

I just love the way our Canes are always soooo helpful to EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. There is nothing I like more than contributing my fiscal and moral support to a team that is so thoughtful of others!! Better yet are the fans. They're the most happy, shiny people I've ever met (out side the Land of Oz).

And about as realistic.

Wake up, people.

http://drpeppercaniac.blogspot.com/

This is a link to a one time post. It's a short nonfiction piece I wrote for class this semester. I want to share because I know a lot of people are frustrated with our Canes right now and I understand that. I just wanted to lighten some hearts with a story about my first game, the excitement of the building and how the Hurricanes bring people together; I'll never forget Ron Francis's jersey retirement speech when he said the arena was the only place to find duke, nc state and unc fans cheering for the same team. awww....

ps- it's the first game at the ESA 10 years ago so the details are a bit screwey so please just roll with it. Though we did lose 4-2 against the Devils and parking was only $6.00!!eek.gif

We are undefeated in December.
That is pretty funny.

What is real positive and enjoyable right now is reading the disgust of fans when they are beat "by the worst team in the NHL".  The Canucks board was an enjoyable read.  One of the Canuck fans posted something to the effect of:  They're record doesn't speak for how talented they really are, they've just had a bunch of really bad luck so far.

I don't mind playing spoiler a little.

We are undefeated in December.

Correct! Also we seem to play really well on afternoon home games. We should probably schedule some of those a little more oftenpimp.gif

I am loving Andrew Alberts.  He has a solid frame and is very physical... he's like a mirror image of Gleason.  I even have some trouble telling them apart sometimes, until I get a good look at the number.  I hope he can continue to improve, like Gleason has in the last few seasons and we hang on to him.  He's also young, so he can fill in the Wallin role once Nic is gone.  That will be a sad day.

The Mo haters have nothing to whine and complain about, at least for this game.  banana.gif
Give me time, I will figure something out! lol

[quote name='caniac-97 wrote:

coastal_caniac']The Mo haters have nothing to whine and complain about, at least for this game. 
banana.gif

coastal, you pulled his string.  What did you expect him to say?  I love Mo?

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

caniac-97 wrote:

coastal_caniac']The Mo haters have nothing to whine and complain about, at least for this game. 
banana.gif

coastal, you pulled his string.  What did you expect him to say?  I love Mo?or maybe a pic of me giving Mo a man hug??

Can you two please refain from derailing our positive thread.  You have your own threads in OT you can derail to your hearts content.

Can you two please refain from derailing our positive thread.  You have your own threads in OT you can derail to your hearts content.
While I really don't know how you can derail a thread that has no rail,  I'll put her right back on track.

I'm positive that we beat the Stanley Cup Champions for our first road win of the season.

How's that?

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

TSA']Can you two please refain from derailing our positive thread.  You have your own threads in OT you can derail to your hearts content.

While I really don't know how you can derail a thread that has no rail,  I'll put her right back on track.

I'm positive that we beat the Stanley Cup Champions for our first road win of the season.

How's that?

Well done and much appreciated.

[quote name='fpsndiver wrote:

TSA']The Canes are undefeated in 2010 
grin.gif

and...we beat the rags in OT at MSG.  Not a bad way to start the year.

And------Cam is regaining his form. He stole a win for us---(with the help of the posts) !!     rolleyes.gif