The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Whaler1

Who, Where, When

My guesses

Who - Sammy or Cullen ( I think JR will try his luck a player first and if that doesn't work I think it will be Mo)

Where - Northeast or Pacific Division

When - before the Panthers game

My guesses

Who - Sammy or Cullen ( I think JR will try his luck with a player first and if that doesn't work it will be Mo)

Where - Northeast or Pacific Division

When - before the Panthers game

Who  -  Cullen or LaRose  (could be Sammy but I don't think so) or almost anyone

Where - Northeast or Central   or any team willing

When - Before the Kings game on Nov 11   is tomorrow to soon?

edit to update

Nobody's going anywhere before December. JR will wait until Ruutu, Cole and Gleason are all back on the ice and then reasses the situation.

Even then he may not make a move other than sending a couple of guys down to keep Sutter up and maybe bring one other guy up.

Yes, I'm a pessimist but I don't see JR making any changes until we're in dire straits - and the worst opening season since 1997/1998 apparently doesn't constitute "dire staits".

Ooh, ooh, I want to play.

Who-Samsonov, Conboy, and a pick
Where-L.A. Kings.  JR has always coveted Frolov and he's been in the doghouse (typical JR move-buy low).  Sammy and Conboy make the money even and the Kings put Conboy on waivers.  The pick compensates the Kings for taking Conboy.
When-After the Canes drop 2 this weekend.

drizzle is right. JR isn't going to trade any personnel this early in the season. However, I could imagine him putting more than just Yelle on waivers (Conboy certainly comes to mind); it wouldn't hurt to bring some more young blood up. Sutter needs more minutes, period. I absolutely do not like seeing him on the 4th line. Give him top 9 minutes!

drizzle is right. JR isn't going to trade any personnel this early in the season. However, I could imagine him putting more than just Yelle on waivers (Conboy certainly comes to mind); it wouldn't hurt to bring some more young blood up. Sutter needs more minutes, period. I absolutely do not like seeing him on the 4th line. Give him top 9 minutes!
Sutter hasn't been on the fourth line, and he has been getting top nine minutes.

Thanks for letting us be able to mod our own stuff like deleting threads and editing posts. I posted Whitney trade rumored but didn't read this thread first so I deleted it.

So apparently this Whitney to Calgary thing has some legs to it. With Ruutu coming back and possibly Cole someone would have to go somewhere no matter what. Its Eklund so who knows ifs its made up or not but right before the 1000th game 13 dollar ticket celebration? Just doesn't seem to be possible.

Trade the entire team for the Coyotes!

You forgot when.

Appreciate the few attempts to go along instead of derailing the thread.

Thanks for letting us be able to mod our own stuff like deleting threads and editing posts. I posted Whitney trade rumored but didn't read this thread first so I deleted it.

So apparently this Whitney to Calgary thing has some legs to it. With Ruutu coming back and possibly Cole someone would have to go somewhere no matter what. Its Eklund so who knows ifs its made up or not but right before the 1000th game 13 dollar ticket celebration? Just doesn't seem to be possible.

I think its worthy of its own thread as long as there's a link.  I think Krad was looking more for our opinions with this thread.

Who:  Hate to say it but Sergei Samsonov makes some sense if something is to be done

Where: Out West, LA being the most obvious choice IMO.  They have tons of youth and could use some more veteran leadership.  They're off to a red hot start and are due to make to some noise this season too.  Doesnt hurt that JWillie is there to make the move a little more comfortable.

When:  I agree with those saying JR will wait till Ruutu, Gleason and Cole return.  He wont wait long after that if things don't improve drastically though.