The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Ichigo-0

-=Getting to know your fellow board members vol1=-

Linkin Park-Possibly my favorite band. I prefer Hybrid Theory to Meteora because the metal is harder, but Meteora has songs like Don't Stay that I enjoy.

Linkin Park is in no way metal. Please don't make this mistake again, it's an insult to true hardcore bands.

Amen

they sound like 8 year olds whining coz their mom wont buy them the newest gameboy or whatever theyre selling now...

An insult to "true hardcore bands"? How is it possible to insult something that sounds like a two year old screaming as loudly as possible for 3:47? If anything, the "true hardcore bands" are an insult to all of music. I'd almost rather listen to emo than that crap...but if given the choice, I'd turn the radio OFF.

An insult to "true hardcore bands"? How is it possible to insult something that sounds like a two year old screaming as loudly as possible for 3:47? If anything, the "true hardcore bands" are an insult to all of music. I'd almost rather listen to emo than that crap...but if given the choice, I'd turn the radio OFF.

You should sooooooooo shut your mouth right now..:shock: you are gonna get it..

If you go from listening to bands like green day and linkin park and then were to listen to something that's all screaming like Parkway Drive of course you wouldn't like it, it's such an extreme. You kinda have to build up to the harder stuff. Start with something emo like Alesana that has singing and screaming and work your way up. The vocals can be pretty amazing, you may think it's easy to scream like that but trust me it's not. If you can't stand the singing then at least you can appreciate the music which is often incredible.

If you're going to throw around the term "true hardcore bands", you have to define what that is and what type of hardcore you're referring to, because there are a bazillion different types of music that people refer to as hardcore nowadays. Hardcore punk, "screamo" type hardcore (even I hate using that term), "emo-core" (hate that term too), tough guy hardcore (yeah that's not really a true genre, but I call it that haha), ect....

I hate listening to the radio, in fact I almost never listen to it, the only time I do is usually 96rock, particularly when they do canes stuff.

You guys have some awesome taste in music, I am quite surprised in some regards, I didn't really know what to expect with this topic :lol: I halfway expected either no answers, or a straight out brawl over whos music is the best :shock:

seems the only debate is over linkin park hehehe kinda figured they would be it.

Really showing my age at the present. Don't have an ipod, don't really know what it is other than I bought the kid one about three years ago. What I listen to:

Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seger, Mettalica, Boston, TransSiberian Orchestra, Bee Gees, KC & The Sunshine Band, Janet Jackson, U2, James Blunt, Collective Soul, Queen, Puddle of Mud, Beastie Boys, OutKast, etc. These are all that I can remember from the cd's in my car. I have so dang many.

I listen to whatever I'm in the mood for. If I want to mellow out cuz I got a lot on my mind, its Fleetwood Mac or Bob. If I'm in a dancing, happy mood, its all of the others. Most of the time I'm in a happy mood. When you see some silly lady driving her car and singing and dancin, it's me. Needless to say, daughters wedding reception will be rocking at Prestonwood next year. I plan on partying hard!

As for me, I am into listening to any rock, alternative or adult contemporary acoustic music. I don't have an ipod or any mp3 player for that matter so I ended up setting up a home based radio station to broadcast my acoustic music over the internet. That way I could listen to all of my acoustic music at work. If you would like to tune in and listen sometime feel free.

If you have winamp, click the link below.

http://71.70.169.72:8000/listen.pls

If you have windows media player, open it up, go to file -> open url -> paste the following url http://71.70.169.72:8000 -> Ok

Note: The url is dynamic, so it may change in the future so go to http://www.shoutcast.com and search for 'acoustic' and you will find the station by the station name 'The Cup'.

Really showing my age at the present. Don't have an ipod ...

Hi, Body -- long time no see! 8) I don't own one either, and for safety reasons: If you run in areas with heavy traffic, as I do (what part of Long Beach isn't busy?), you're in serious trouble if you're listening to an iPod instead of the sounds around you. Case in point: Early this year, a 27-year-old female marathoner from the San Francisco area was killed immediately when she was hit by an oncoming car during a training run ... while she had her iPod going full blast. :(

... Bee Gees, KC & The Sunshine Band ... Beastie Boys, OutKast ... I listen to whatever I'm in the mood for ...

Good taste, my friend! 8)

Add the Black Eyed Peas, Sean Paul, the Pussycat Dolls, Mariah Carey, and Christina Aguilera to the mix, and that's what I'll be playing on the computer or in my car.

Needless to say, daughters wedding reception will be rocking at Prestonwood next year. I plan on partying hard!

Enjoy ... and best wishes to your girl! :mrgreen:

Jan/GSBG

Early this year, a 27-year-old female marathoner from the San Francisco area was killed immediately when she was hit by an oncoming car during a training run ... while she had her iPod going full blast. :(

Thats terrible.

Jan/GSBG

Early this year, a 27-year-old female marathoner from the San Francisco area was killed immediately when she was hit by an oncoming car during a training run ... while she had her iPod going full blast. :(

That's terrible.

Hi, TC! Indeed, that incident was tragic enough to inspire me to tell fellow runners to "unplug" themselves whenever they're on the roads. Whenever it's a case of car vs. human, there's only one winner: the car.

Whatever you listen to on your iPod, fellow Caniacs, leave it at home when you're walking or running on busy streets. We need to have everyone here. 8)

Jan/GSBG

Iron Maiden...Waisted Years

Judas Priest......Metal Gods

Metallica......ONE

Metallica....Master of puppets

Ozzy.....Crazy Train

Skid row...Get the _____out!

Snoop Dogg....Gin and juice

50 Cent......The Game

You get the idea!

After reading some of the band names here, I thought most of you guys were making stuff up. Then I realized I'm just old! :shock:

On my iPod: Beatles, Johnny Cash, The Animals, Wolfe Tones, Irish Rovers, Silly Wizard, Audioslave, Blue October, Stompin Tom (of course), Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Nine Inch Nails, The Clancy Brothers, Godsmack.

My computer/car/cd player has music by: Toby Keith/Shania Twain/ Garth Brooks/ Dixie Chicks/ Pussycat Dolls/ Nelly Fertado/ Faith Hill/ Christina Aquilera(?). I am from the Canadian east coast so I also have a lot of Celtic inspired bands - Rankin Family/Barra MacNeils / The Cottars to name a few.