The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Ichigo-0

-=Getting to know your fellow board members vol1=-

You're not old Breakaway...You're just my speed. I forgot The Hollies....Long Cool Woman....Gosh, when that plays, I can't be still. It's my mantra. LOL!

You're not old Breakaway...You're just my speed. I forgot The Hollies....Long Cool Woman....Gosh, when that plays, I can't be still. It's my mantra. LOL!

How about Steppenwolf, Three Dog Night, Bread, Creedence, and the timeless Jimi Hendrix.

okay...now I feel safe enough to reply to this thread...like Breakaway, I was feeling very OLD since 1) I don't know half the bands mentioned and 2) I don't even own an I-POD :shock:

anyway--here's a few of my fav's (into classic rock for the most part)

Beatles

Rolling Stones

Roy Orbison

Kasey Chambers

Melissa Etheridge

The Who

If I said that I like Little John and the Eastside Boyz, everyone would think I'm a freak but I do. I like a wide variety of music. I, too, don't know some of the artists others have mentioned but old time rock is never going to go out of style. I also like Pink, Christina A., Prince (his song Cream is something else), Damn Yankees, etc. If it makes my feet move, I like it. If I'm feeling melancholy, give me Soul Asylum's Runaway Train. I play the piano too so anything classical is okay w/ me. I throw down on some Beethoven when my fingers get happy.

Pillar, Kutless, TFK, Audio Adrenaline, Michael Card, Brian Littrell, Plumb, Casting Crowns, Rascal Flatts, Toby Keith, Shania Twain, Josh Turner, Darryl Worley, Steven Curtis Chapman, Eleventy Seven, Monday Morning, Superchic[k], Montgomery Gentry, Lonestar, Stellar Kart, Stacie Orrico, Michael W. Smith, Relient K.

I like Little John and the Eastside Boyz

Hahaha, wow. That's pretty funny. I'd say you're a pretty cool mom. :P

Yay!! Lots of old (read: experienced, dangerous, and treacherous...kinda like Gordie Howe) people here! How could I have forgotten CCR, Steppenwolfe, and Ozzy?! Brindyfan, get an iPod for Christmas...it's a great way to pick up the old songs you love that most people have never heard of!

My computer/car/cd player has music by: Toby Keith/Shania Twain/ Garth Brooks/ Dixie Chicks/ Pussycat Dolls/ Nelly Fertado/ Faith Hill/ Christina Aquilera(?). I am from the Canadian east coast so I also have a lot of Celtic inspired bands - Rankin Family/Barra MacNeils / The Cottars to name a few.

kay....ew

can't say that I'd be able to stay sane on a roadtrip with you turncoat

My computer/car/cd player has music by: Toby Keith/Shania Twain/ Garth Brooks/ Dixie Chicks/ Pussycat Dolls/ Nelly Fertado/ Faith Hill/ Christina Aquilera(?). I am from the Canadian east coast so I also have a lot of Celtic inspired bands - Rankin Family/Barra MacNeils / The Cottars to name a few.

kay....ew

can't say that I'd be able to stay sane on a roadtrip with you turncoat

Those are good bands/singers....you would just have to get used to them. :mrgreen: hahahhahaha

Ooh...let's see...

Well, whoever is in my CD rotation/ITunes list IS pretty much among my favorites, since my tastes are so particular. :?

Favorite band is, believe it or not, Mike + The Mechanics. I'm among the handful of 21-year-olds in the world who has even HEARD of them, and probably the only one who admires them with such enthusiasm. :lol: They're the only band that I've enjoyed EVERY album from - that's how they win over all my other favorites. My other favorites can be a bit more inconsistant at times, but I still love 'em to death. They include:

Bruce Hornsby, Genesis (obviously, if you enjoy Mike + The Mechanics, you would enjoy them as well), solo stuff from Genesis members (particularly Tony, but some of Phil's non-hit stuff is pretty good too), Chicago, Seal, Enigma, Robert Palmer, Steve Winwood, Toto (they're not dead!), Nik Kershaw (the most woefully underappreciated artist on the planet), Steve Vai, and of course, Weird Al. :lol:

I'm a casual fan of a handful of other artists as well, but THOSE GUYS ^^^ get the most play. :P

I've always been a rock kind of guy...but I'll listen to just about anything.

I'm going to narrow down my favorites.... Led Zeppelin, O.A.R., Jack Johnson. But really...anything you can jam to, JET is up there, Gov't Mule, of course the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I'm starting to revert back to some of older stuff, stuff I used to listen to a couple years ago and I'm realizing that they are good again.

Man, not a lot of people have my taste in music.... I guess true taste is rare!! Haha just jokes! Ok,

I will list my artists:

Aaron Shust, Bethany Dillon, Casting Crowns, Good Charlette, Kelly Clarkson,[ I don’t really

listen to her anymore, I guess I could delete her...], Mercy Me, Evanescence, Mute Math,

Lifehouse, Michael W. Smith, Chris Tomlin, Starfield, Warren Barfield, Kutless, Jeremy Camp,

Newsboys, Shane & Shane, Shawn McDonald, Simple Plan, and Switchfoot. Oh, I won’t forget

my Flames Podcast, but that isn’t really music...

I really love Simple Plan and Good Charlette right now, maybe because some of their songs hit

home, [ Welcome to my Life, Jump, Perfect, I’m Just a Kid, Hold on, The Young and the

Hopeless]. You might think I am being a normal teenager and am angry at the world, but

seriously, life has been unbelievably hard. If you want the details, PM me. Once I know all of

you better, I will share in a forum. I just don’t feel comfortable sharing until I know you all a little

better. I have no problem PMing anyone though.

I am also listening to Jeremy Camp and Switchfoot a lot right now. They are awesome!! Haha