The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Ichigo-0

-=Getting to know your fellow board members vol2=-

Boondock Saints, Clockwork Orange, Domino, The last Castle,The Shawshank Redemption, American History X, Bill and Ted movies, anything with Jack Black and or Adam Sandler, Office SpaceDodgeball, Elf, Miracle, Slapshot, YOUNGblood,Conair those are the main favorites

Question 2: What are your favorite movies?

I've been a dedicated Marx Brothers fan since '74, and own nearly all of their movies. On the "serious" side, movies featuring Maureen O'Hara, Katharine Hepburn, Greta Garbo, and silent-film star Clara Bow rank among my all-time favorites.

Want to check out a grossly underrated classic? Be sure to see John Wayne's The Quiet Man the next time it's on TCM or AMC. Trust me: you'll be glad you hung around to see it all. Wayne and "Mo" O'Hara are a couple for the ages! :D

Oh, yes ... how could I mention camp favorites Plan 9 From Outer Space or The Horror of Party Beach? Be prepared to LOL your way off the couch and onto the floor in the middle of these beauties! :mrgreen:

That's only the tip of the iceberg in terms of films. I've seen so many that it'd take me all night to list my favorites in a single post!

Jan/GSBG

My all time favorite is the Three Stooges followed closely by the Marx brothers. back when humor didn't have to include the F bomb to be funny.

Favorite Actor: Bruce Willis

Favorite Actress: Angelina Jolie

Favorite Movies: Anything w/ Bruce in it. (Hubby looks like Bruce so I guess to me that's a no brainer.)

Least Favorite Movie: Anything w/ Pauley Shore in it. He chafes me!

Least Fav. Actor: Sean Penn, Tim Robbins and Alec Baldwin.

Least Fav. Actress: Whoopie, Susan Sarandon and Sharon Stone.

I love war movies and football movies: Saving Private Benjamin; Platoon; Remember the Titans; The Replacements; Gone w/ the Wind; Pearl Harbor; etc. Can't wait to see "We Are Marshall".

Favorite actor: David Spade

Favorite actress: Emily Browning

Favorite movies: Tommy Boy, Office space, Joe dirt, Shawshank redemption, Amistad, a night at the Roxbury

Least favorite movie: possibly silent hill, I didn't understand one second of it

Least favorite actor: Ben Stiller

Least fav actress: Michelle Rodriguez

Favorite actor: Clint Eastwood (Honorable mention: Brett Farve)

Favorite actress: Jamie Lee Curtis

Favorite movies: Clerks, Office Space, Conan the Barbarian, just about any war movie

least favorite actor: none

least favorite actress: none

least favorite movie: anything by David Lynch

My fav movie of all time is 'Dirty Dancing". I know an oldie but a goodie. Of most recent movies I would have to say 'Yours, Mine and Ours".

Thats my wife's favorite movie, I stay away from movies involving people dancing as the main theme of the movie personally though. But thats probably b/c I can't dance :Oops:

Favorite Movies: Airplane, MP and the Holy Grail, Revenge of the Pink Panther, Ladyhawke, Star Trek II: WoK, Happy Gilmore, any 80's ninja movie (except 9 Deaths...gag!), The Seven Samurai, any Riddick movie.

Hated Movies: Sideways was simply awful. I don't know why I didn't turn it off. The spouse and I have an agreement that if a movie isn't good within 10 minutes, it's gone. Life is too short!

Fav actor/Actress: Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson. The rest are dead or not working today :lol:

Hated actor/actress: I don't really hate anyone, but Brittney Murphy sure can tick me off. She looks like she's working through a stroke! Actually, Jim Carry also gets on my nerves and Robin Williams is getting there.

Favorite Movies: Dazed and Confused, Underworld I and II, Godfather saga, U-Turn - some others but they have been mentioned.

Least Favorite - the Batman with Clooney was aweful - even worse Howard the Duck - the only movies I have gotten up and left.

Favorite Actress: Jane March and I am very likely to give anything with Angelina Jolie a chance.

Favorite Actor: Robert DiNeiro

Least Favorite Actress: No one comes to mind except Rosie O'Donnell

Least Favorite Actor: Jim Carey - barf !

fav movies: billy madison, anchorman, drop dead fred, basically anything with old school adam sandler, superstar, romantics like the notebook and titanic (CLASSIC), dumb girl flix like mean girls and bring it on (not 2 or 3, just the first) and legally blonde, tommy boy, pirates of the caribbean (one AND two)

hated movies: the village aaaand thats pretty much it

fav actresses: kate hudson, rachel mcadams, jennifer aniston, lisa kudrow

fav actor: adam sandler (back in tha day) and will ferrell, mathew mahconehey (should probably learn to spell that), the actor on Dexter that plays Dexter on showtime (sexay), and ben stiller

least fav actress: angelina jolie

least fav actors: robin williams

***side note:

fav shows: friends, greys anatomy, seinfeld, dexter, heroes, csi/law and order/other stuff like that

I forgot to mention Marissa Tomei ..... I can only name a handful of movies she is in but she has my FULL ATTENTION when I do stumble across a movie with her in it.

:twisted:

Full Metal Jacket was awesome !

I can't get Happy Feet out of my mind...Can't wait to go see it and gonna try to buy the soundtract tomorrow. Brittany Murphy sings! Can't believe she's the same girl in Clueless.

My fav movie of all time is 'Dirty Dancing". I know an oldie but a goodie. Of most recent movies I would have to say 'Yours, Mine and Ours".

Dirty Dancing an oldie? My, but I guess I'm really showing my age: One of my fave oldies is A Trip to the Moon, a charming 12-minute one-reeler made in 1902 by pioneer filmmaker Georges Melies:

Part 1:

Part 2:

(FYI, this techno soundtrack wasn't included with Trip when it was shown in theaters 104 years ago. 8))

So, yeah, I've revealed myself as a true geek, someone with a passion for antique movies. How does that sit among my Canesville denizens?

Jan/GSBG

fav movies---Star Trek, Star Wars, war movies, old black & white horror movies (like The Mummy, Dracula etc---still remember going to the drive-in with my grandparents & watching all of those--yes I am old)

least fav movies---most chick flicks (though every once & while I will watch one if I need a good cry)

no real fav actors or actresses--kind of all over the place

least fav---Jim Carey, Eddie Murphy

Yea Bodyslam...I too want to see Happy Feet--looks like such fun

The one from last year, or the 1968 original starring Lucille Ball? :mrgreen:

Jan/GSBG

Me toooooooooooooo

I looove Dirty Dancing.. that is my most favourite movie ever =] and I also enjoyed the second one.

My other favourite is Spiderman. Hehe. Yeeeah. I have to say, aswell, I loved the Maurice Richard movie that just came out.. it was very very well made and I enjoyed it veeery much (a must see for any Canadiens or hockey fan :wink: I really enjoy any sports movies, whether it's baseball, football or hockey- it's what I like to watch. I also looooooooved Saw and Saw II.. looooved it. I love horror movies- the more realistic.. the more it scares me.. the better. :P

There aren't any movies I hate in particular.. I don't enjoy the more weird Sci-fi movies and I don't much like those war movies at all..

Some of my favourite actors.. uhh.. I really like the kid that played Ferris in Ferris Beullers Day off.. I don't know his name though haha..

I'm not a big movie person.. I don't really know many actors or actresses names. Haha.. so I guess that'll do it..

Favorite Movies : Any movie with Vin Diesel because I love action not just because he's hot. Pretty Woman. Wedding Crashers. And I just recently saw Happy Feet (Ok last night) and it was awesome! I love Robin Williams.

Favorite Actors: Vin Diesel, Bryan Greenberg (from Prime), Christopher Meloni, and Vince Vaughn, Tom Cruise

Favorite Actress: Julia Roberts, Reese Whitherspoon, Mariska Hartigay, Jennifer Anniston

Least Fav Movie: Anything with Angelina Jolie :x and stupid movies like House of Wax and 40 year old virgin was horrible.

Least Favorite Actor: They are all pretty decent.

Least Favorite Actress: Whats that Duff girls first name again?

hilary or halie?

I was being sarcastic but to answer your question I don't mind Haylie that much. The other one is just pathetic. My sister is 10 so I have to sit through all the silly stuff they call movies for kids these days. Not all are bad though. Like Amanda Bynes is a pretty great actress.

The one from last year, or the 1968 original starring Lucille Ball? :mrgreen:

Jan/GSBG

The one from last year. I watched 'The Cranks' last night - on the movie channel - with Tim Allen and thought it was quite funny. I like Tim Allen though so that may have had something to do with it. :D