The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
drizzle

Lets go for the NHL record

If we aren't going to win, we might as well go for some kind of record! Let's make this season one for the history books!

I kid! Too bad it doesn't seem like the Canes are. Oh, well. Love them anyway!

I sick and tired hearing about CONFIDENCE being the Canes main problem.  BS !!

They are skating slow, passing sloopy, shooting at the net but not taking aggressive scoring shots, defending a step late, which is then putting pressure on a net minder who drifts between excellent and mediocre.   Rather than talking about CONFIDENCE lets start focusing on DESIRE AND WILL TO WIN !

If MO mentions lack of confidence one more time I'm going to throw my wife's beer at him. 

OK Canes ?

They are skating slow, passing sloopy, shooting at the net but not taking aggressive scoring shots, defending a step late, which is then putting pressure on a net minder who drifts between excellent and mediocre.   Rather than talking about CONFIDENCE lets start focusing on DESIRE AND WILL TO WIN !

If MO mentions lack of confidence one more time I'm going to throw my wife's beer at him. 

OK Canes ?

cant speak from anyone else, but i see confidence and desire to win as the same problem, only one is controllable, the other isnt.

As proof that confidence is the problem, look at the game last night. The had 21 shots on goal in the first period alone, compared to the panthers 4. However, after the 6 min penalty spree, they tanked. They abandoned the system because they had 21 shots, 11 scoring chances, and 0 goals.

So confidence is a problem. And MO aint doing nothing about it.

OK Canes ?

I beg your pardon, sir!  As a good-beer-loving wife, I take exception to that.  There is no reason to punish us hockey wives for Mo's shortcomings.  I know that my husband would be in serious trouble if he pulled a stunt like that.  May I suggest an alternate plan of throwing the beer of the person behind you, in front of you or on the other side of you?  

wink.gif 

Instead of breaking the worst record or the least points do you think it is possible to have the greatest come back. Not sure what that record is but I am trying to stay as positive as possible. I can't lose hope yet (as tough as it is) that they can get back to atleast .500. Does anyone know what the record is for the worst team to make a comeback?

[quote name='CarolinaGirl77 wrote:

ynotagain']I sick and tired hearing about CONFIDENCE being the Canes main problem.  BS !!

If MO mentions lack of confidence one more time
I'm going to throw my wife's beer at him.

OK Canes ?

I beg your pardon, sir!  As a good-beer-loving wife, I take exception to that.  There is no reason to punish us hockey wives for Mo's shortcomings.  I know that my husband would be in serious trouble if he pulled a stunt like that.  May I suggest an alternate plan of throwing the beer of the person behind you, in front of you or on the other side of you?  

wink.gif 

cg77, you're a credit to good-beer-loving wives everywhere.  I do have a question; are you saying that you are good or are you saying you love good beer?   Maybe both.

Don't waste perfectly good beer on Mo.  He doesn't deserve it at this point in time.

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

CarolinaGirl77 wrote:

ynotagain']I sick and tired hearing about CONFIDENCE being the Canes main problem.  BS !!

If MO mentions lack of confidence one more time
I'm going to throw my wife's beer at him.

OK Canes ?

I beg your pardon, sir!  As a
good-beer-loving wife
, I take exception to that.  There is no reason to punish us hockey wives for Mo's shortcomings.  I know that my husband would be in serious trouble if he pulled a stunt like that.  May I suggest an alternate plan of throwing the beer of the person behind you, in front of you or on the other side of you?  

wink.gif

cg77, you're a credit to good-beer-loving wives everywhere.  I do have a question; are you saying that you are good or are you saying you love good beer?   Maybe both.

Don't waste perfectly good beer on Mo.  He doesn't deserve it at this point in time.

Well, technically I was saying that I love good beer.  (How else do you think I was convinced to move to Belgium - the good beer capital of the world - for the better part of hockey season?)  But I think it could definitely be used both ways...

Instead of breaking the worst record or the least points do you think it is possible to have the greatest come back. Not sure what that record is but I am trying to stay as positive as possible. I can't lose hope yet (as tough as it is) that they can get back to atleast .500. Does anyone know what the record is for the worst team to make a comeback?

I'm not sure but I was thinking it might be St. Louis last year who made the incredible turnaround at the all-star break. 

Comeback? No. Not with Mo in charge.

Let's break the record. Sand bag for 5 years like Pitt and get oodles of good players.

Except we don't have Lemieux.  I'm not convinced those great draft years weren't "fixed" as a concession to the great Lemieux.

I don't know about you guys, but if the continuing downward spiral forces JR to oust Mo and go in an entirely new direction (one that facilitates scoring goals), then I hope we lose 35 games straight.  If thats what it takes for him to open his eyes and see that Maurice just isn't good.

[quote name='Evenstrength18 wrote:

WStout']Comeback? No. Not with Mo in charge.

Let's break the record. Sand bag for 5 years like Pitt and get oodles of good players.

Would this franchise be able to survive sand bagging for 5 yrs though?

Probably not, since Pittsburgh only barely did.  Then again, that was also Balsillie's first failed acquisition attempt, and now that he has three of them and the ire of all the executives in the league to boot, he probably doesn't pose a threat to any city's team now.

Even so, Raleigh as a whole only likes the Hurricanes when they're good.  At best five years of bottom-feeding would marginalize them, and at worst would send them off to Winnipeg.

No bueno.

[quote name='drizzle wrote:

WStout']Comeback? No. Not with Mo in charge.

Except we don't have Lemieux.  I'm not convinced those great draft years weren't "fixed" as a concession to the great Lemieux.

What about Francis? PLEASE BETTMAN?!? They were on the same cup teams D:

Francis ain't no Mario.

Francis isn't an owner / part - owner, and Bettman wouldn't give a rats if there was a threat of moving the team out of Raleigh (vs moving the team out of Pittsburgh)

Tell me that wasn't a fix to appease Mario.