The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TarheelMike

2009-10 College Hoops Thread

Well the lady Wolfpack were not able to beat Duke and win the ACC. I was hoping I would finally get to see an NC State basketball team win a championship of some kind but again it gets denied dry.gif

Would've been nice to see the Lady Pack win, but Duke had to play 3 games in 4 days, we had to play 4 in 4 and were dead tired. 

At least we sent D-Horn out in style today against BC.  Remember we were all witnesses to the awesomeness that is Dennis Horner and his flaming basketball tattoo.

That's 2 senior day wins in a row for us smile.gif.

Looks like we're getting the #11 seed in the ACC Tournament even though we're tied for 9th. Go 'Pack! And go lady Pack assuming the NCAA lets them in, which they should. 

Well State couldn't beat Tech and another year w/out an NCAA appearence continues. But we will get an NIT bid so I guess not all is lost, better than nothing eh?

So who are you all rooting for this year? me, pretty much anyone but Maryland and Florida. Also not really rooting for the rest of the ACC but want these two gone ASAP.

btw, surprised Wake Forest got in but whatever. Guess the best thing to do is to open a couple of cold ones and sit back and enjoysmokin.gif

I thought we could've beaten Tech and made it close against Duke.  Javi's foul was really dumb on Favors.  Also rumor is that Lee Fowler could be 'retiring' sometime in the next few days.eek.gifhappy.gif

Whats yalls thoughts on GT?

They can make it interesting but I've got OK ST winning that game. I'll be rooting for OK ST toosmile.gif

Anyone see Murray State beating Vandy at the buzzer? what a finish! Tuned in just in time to see it happen.

Glad to see Florida lose yahoo.gif, now if Houston can beat Maryland that would be great as well. Same w/ Texas beating Wake Forest

What a finish!  I'm not much of a basketball fan but that game had me watching until the very end.  If that last shot had gone in by the Butler player, I can't imagine the mayhem that would have followed. ohmy.gif

Congrats to all our Duke students and fans here.

As a State fan I want to pull for Sidney Lowe.. I really do.. Alum returns to his alma mater which is 20 years removed from the glory they had when he was a student and cut down the nets.  It's a great story.  But I am wondering how he still has a job.  Just looking at his first four years, compared to Sendek's last four the difference is striking.

Herb Sendek 2002-2006

2002 18-13 First Round NCAA

2003 21-10 Second Round NCAA

2004 21-14 Sweet Sixteen NCAA

2005 22-10 Second Round NCAA

Total record 82-47 (and in 2001-2002 he also took us to the NCAA tourney to make it 5 years in a row)

Sidney Lowe 2006-Present

2006 20-17 Quarterfinals NIT

2007 15-16

2008 16-14

2009 20-16 Second Round NIT

Total record 71-62

Arguably his best year, was his first year (with Sendek's players).  I'm not gonna argue whether Sendek should have stayed, or whether it was his time to go, but from Lowe's perspective, if you're not following a legend like Dean Smith or Coach K, and you're not better (or at least as good) as the guy before you you're probably not gonna be hanging around very long. 

Lowe has two years left in his contract.  Perhaps it's time to start getting some results?

There should be no excuses this year. State should have a good team. Anything less than an NCAA tourny berth this year and it'll be a failure in my eyes.

I've been to the Pro-Am twice the last couple of weeks to see Harrow, Brown and Leslie in action.  These guys are just what State has to have.  Guards, athleticism, excitement, etc.  This is the type of year Sidney Lowe has to break out.  Brown, Harrow, Leslie, Smith, Wood, Vandenberg, Howell, Painter, Javi, Williams, etc. looks to be one of the more exciting teams NCSU has had since V got forced out by the NandO.

From what I've seen from Lorenzo Brown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TR58rAACls, I'm very excited to watch this dude play. He's got smooth game, damn good ball handler, reminds me a little bit of Steve Nash.

rollinsox is right, if Lowe can't win this year, he's done. It's this year or never.