The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
durhamcaobrazillas

The Paul Maurice Thread (retitled)

[quote name='topshelfavry wrote:

yggsdrasil']

Thanks for the link and welcome smile.gif 

Not sure why I cant open it though.

if you have quicktime installed you can just click on the link and it should load it in a new window/tab.

if you're trying to right click and save as then i'm not sure why it won't open unless they have some sort of file protection.

Well shut my mouth. Mo has just separated from Brind'Amour. Brind'Amour is a healthy scratch tonight.

I don't want to revel in this. It is unfortunate that it has come to this, but it does make me think that Brindy would NOT have come to this on his own. I could be wrong of course.

The downside is that the team will likely respond and go on a winning streak, which is contrary to getting the first pick.

This move needed to be made much sooner, but it is a sign of things to come.

Sad, but needed first step to the end of Brind'Amour's great career.

[quote name='topshelfavry wrote:

fpsndiver']Mo was just on NHL Live on the NHLN.  Good interview.  I don't think Mo is the problem, not even close. 

IUnless he's an amazing actor, I don't think he's the cause of all the woes this year either.  He definitely has his part in all this as does JR, but IMO the majority of the blame falls on the players themselves, and I think they know it too.

There are now at least 2 of us.  LOLroll.gif

Well if my theory is right the problem was just made a healthy scratch. If it follows the pattern this team will go on a serious run now.

Well if my theory is right the problem was just made a healthy scratch. If it follows the pattern this team will go on a serious run now.
I don't know about a serious run but it is another indication our eye is now on the future.  I was wondering who we would sit tonight. Like

you I thought it should be Brindy but I wasn't sure  it would be Brindy.       

Well shut my mouth. Mo has just separated from Brind'Amour. Brind'Amour is a healthy scratch tonight.

I don't want to revel in this. It is unfortunate that it has come to this, but it does make me think that Brindy would NOT have come to this on his own. I could be wrong of course.  

The only edit I would make for you would be to add ......... yahoo.gif 

And so it begins. Look for another strong effort tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see if he is scratched again.  Forslund hardly said anything about it last night.

That's a good point. It may have been a one-time message.

Earlier in the day when Forslund broke the "healthy scratch" story he mentioned that it was  HUGE news and unexpected. Then on the broadcast it got one very understated comment on the injuries and scratches, and that was it. Clearly a concerted effort to downplay this. Talk about still having a huge elephant in the room.

If the Canes want that first round draft pick they need to get him back in tonight. If they want to turn the season around, keep him out and go on an improbable run during a nasty road trip. I'm torn. Nice to be proven right, and much more fun to watch the Canes win, but that first round pick would be awful tasty.

It really depends on the behind the scenes. What is really going on? Doubt any non-insiders know.

After viewing last nights game, i have concluded that Mo is not as big a problem as i thought. Rather, i think what is happening is that in the second intermission, Mo is telling the players to go out there and not take too many risks while on offense, so that we can prevent odd man rushes and the like to preserve our lead. The players are then misconstruing it to the point of taking all aggression out of their game, hence the melt downs.

Also, a poster on Canes Country had a very good explanation for the third period turtling. Ill print it here to the best of my ability;

"Mo has talked with JR and the other coaches and concluded that the best strategy to get the Stanely Cup is to be able to shut down the offense of those big contenders like Pittsburg and Washington. So this turtling we see is a long term strategy that in the long term will enable us to shut down those huge offensive muscles on demand. But in the short term, we are having no success at all." 

Last night was the product of Mo's system being used the way he envisioned; I doubt that he would want zero offenxe and zero aggression in the third. And it was no surprise that the system worked well when we brought more Rats up.

After viewing last nights game, i have concluded that Mo is not as big a problem as i thought. Rather, i think what is happening is that in the second intermission, Mo is telling the players to go out there and not take too many risks while on offense, so that we can prevent odd man rushes and the like to preserve our lead. The players are then misconstruing it to the point of taking all aggression out of their game, hence the melt downs.

Also, a poster on Canes Country had a very good explanation for the third period turtling. Ill print it here to the best of my ability;

"Mo has talked with JR and the other coaches and concluded that the best strategy to get the Stanely Cup is to be able to shut down the offense of those big contenders like Pittsburg and Washington. So this turtling we see is a long term strategy that in the long term will enable us to shut down those huge offensive muscles on demand. But in the short term, we are having no success at all." 

Last night was the product of Mo's system being used the way he envisioned; I doubt that he would want zero offenxe and zero aggression in the third. And it was no surprise that the system worked well when we brought more Rats up.

This topic is being split and all further discussions about Rod Brind'Amour should be posted here:

http://fans.hurricanes.nh...c/16080/master/1/?page=2

This thread will now just be dedicated to discussions about Paul Maurice to help keep the discussions straight.  If you posted something you want in the Brind'Amour thread, feel free to re-post it there.  Wish I could move individual posts but.....well, you know. dry.gif