The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
rocheccw

...And with the first pick in the 2010 NHL Entry draft the Canes Select Taylor Hall

Yep, he is one of the hot talents in this crop for sure.....he is being compared to Tavares...I guess we'll see this year if he can become less selfish.

If Toronto finishes bottom 3 along with us, there's no way the fix won't be in to get the Leafs the #1 pick. That probably goes for half the teams that may be sharing the cellar with us this season, so don't get your hopes up.

If Toronto finishes bottom 3 along with us, there's no way the fix won't be in to get the Leafs the #1 pick. That probably goes for half the teams that may be sharing the cellar with us this season, so don't get your hopes up.
Yep.  Heck, even without a fix, I think the luck of this team clearly shows they'll be last in lottery.

Do you realize that Toronto's 1st round pick belongs to Boston? They traded it to Bruins for Kessel.

[quote name='DMonk wrote:

TarheelMike']If Toronto finishes bottom 3 along with us, there's no way the fix won't be in to get the Leafs the #1 pick. That probably goes for half the teams that may be sharing the cellar with us this season, so don't get your hopes up.

Do you realize that Toronto's 1st round pick belongs to Boston? They traded it to Bruins for Kessel.

They are climbing out of the cellar, they beat the wings 5-1embarassed.gif

[quote name='hockeybaby wrote:

DMonk wrote:

TarheelMike']If Toronto finishes bottom 3 along with us, there's no way the fix won't be in to get the Leafs the #1 pick. That probably goes for half the teams that may be sharing the cellar with us this season, so don't get your hopes up.

They are climbing out of the cellar, they beat the wings 5-1embarassed.gif

Very good news for the Canes. Did you post it in all positive thread? smile.gif

I read many people felt this guy was better than Tavares, Hedman, and Duchene and if he was available in this years draft he might have gone first overall. With Cam gone now, I have to say we go first overall (in draft picks that is). Toronto just got Kessell back that should help them. We on the other hand keep taking punches.

Kabanov and Fowler are pretty much rated as can't miss type guys as well.  Right behind them you have a bunch of super talented Finns who would fit in great on this team.  It looks to be a pretty strong draft class this year.  Top two pick would give us someone that would contribute right away.  Top five pick should give us a really strong player sometime in the near future.  I agree, at least it looks like we picked a pretty good year to tank.

[quote name='DMonk wrote:

hockeybaby wrote:

DMonk']

They are climbing out of the cellar, they beat the wings 5-1
embarassed.gif

Very good news for the Canes. Did you post it in all positive thread? smile.gif

Yep, I posted it there but it quickly got buried. So, I thought it deserved it's on thread. Doesn't the last place team have like a 25% chance of winning the lottery? Either way we should get a top pick this year & this was the first article from TSN's Bob McKenzie on next year's draft.

Tyler Seguin might look better than Hall so far.  It depends on how much of the statistics you really read into.  Hall is definitely touted to go number 1, but Seguin looks to be the better all around player.

Tyler Seguin might look better than Hall so far.  It depends on how much of the statistics you really read into.  Hall is definitely touted to go number 1, but Seguin looks to be the better all around player.

I would be fine with either one. Tyler plays center, and Taylor is a wing. We could be like the Pens with 3 strong young centers if we took Tyler. Could you imagine it Staal, Sutter, & Seguin as the Canes top three centers? eek.gif

Or I would not mind seeing what a true scoring wing like Hall could do with Staal, or Sutter.pimp.gif

Either way the Canes will be getting younger & faster next year!!!roll.gif

If we can get a top pick to go with Staal on the 1st line and go along with the core of Gleason, Staal, Pitkanen, Jokinen, Rutuu, Cole (I don't think he'll be leaving anytime soon and the speed/leadership he brings could help in the future), and Ward then that would be amazing.  We'll have to suffer through the rest of this year, but we'll also have a lot of cap space cleared up (not sure if there are any big time defenders or scorers that we could get out there right now) and a whole bunch of Rats ready to come up as well.  I think we could easily see a dramatic turnaround for us into being one of the younger, and fastest teams in the NHL. 

[quote name='rocheccw wrote:

fpsndiver']Tyler Seguin might look better than Hall so far.  It depends on how much of the statistics you really read into.  Hall is definitely touted to go number 1, but Seguin looks to be the better all around player.

I would be fine with either one. Tyler plays center, and Taylor is a wing. We could be like the Pens with 3 strong young centers if we took Tyler. Could you imagine it Staal, Sutter, & Seguin as the Canes top three centers? eek.gif

Or I would not mind seeing what a true scoring wing like Hall could do with Staal, or Sutter.pimp.gif

Either way the Canes will be getting younger & faster next year!!!roll.gif

Yeah, and remember the year we had left winger Cory Stillman (2006) staal tallied 100 regular season points.  Staal needs a playmaker but if we can get that in Tyler that could be very interesting situation.  However, he seems more like a goal scorer than a playmaker and all know Staal eyes the net before he eyes the pass.  Seguin has been said to be more of the playmaker so maybe they can move him to winger to assist Staal.  Staaler could be a monster if we could just get someone in that knows how to read him.

I'll be shocked if the Canes pass up an opportunity to draft another Plymouth player. I think it's Seguin also. But I'd pick Hall if it were up to me.

Most likely scenario, Canes draft in the #2 slot, and take Seguin.

I'll be shocked if the Canes pass up an opportunity to draft another Plymouth player. I think it's Seguin also. But I'd pick Hall if it were up to me.

Most likely scenario, Canes draft in the #2 slot, and take Seguin.

carolina as it stands is 30th in the league . no way in the world we would give that first round draft up to anybody,.  tyler seguin came out to be a big surprise this year . and if he continues to grow and show potential to compete on a higher level , well   then he is a sure thing , just like ovechkin , just like crosby , just like malkin,  and just like many other great 50 goal scorers.

i for the life of me cant see why the canes would draft taylor hall over seguin

is hall really as good as people make him out to be ? short answer is  NO !!!!

look at the team that hall is playing with , look at the amount of help hall  has , compared to seguin and then answer this

if hall was with the plymoth whalers instead of the spits, do you think he would be  number 1 in points ? i can answer that question with another big fat NO !!!!

where as tyler seguin might have an okay team, not one other player on the plymoth team is even in the top 20 ohl players in terms of points, but where is seguin ? 3rd in the league behind hall and another spits player who is helping hall in ways seguin wished he had.

now answer this. if segiun was withthe spits this year, do you think he would be over scoring in terms of points per game  ? the answer is oh yes he would .

what they say about seguin is he  is a natural playmaker, some one who can set people up, score goals, and play his position better then most people in the ohl .  and what posistion dose mr. seguin play ? Center !!!!

it wont be long before brindy retires, im going to miss the man, but come next season , you better believe it that seguin is going to be on the team and be learning everything he can from brindy before he retires.

just like crosby with lemiuxe.

and give seguin 4 or 5 seasons with the canes, and geuss what ? we will have a 50 goal scorer , someone who can compete with the likes of , the crosbys , or malkins, or ovechikins of the nhl