The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
max

Albany Downs Phantoms 3-1

I think Murphy's been okay for his first time in the pros. He's still getting his legs under him and that's to be expected. It's still early and he'll be there soon.

As for Harrison, I like the way the guy plays. I like that he didn't come down here and act like it was some kind of punishment. He shows up, he plays and he plays well. I like him on the line with Angelidis. I think there's good communication going on there. I also like that if someone isn't pulling their weight he appears to give them what for - maybe I misinterpreted it during Wednesday's debacle, but it appeared he did that to a defensemen who wasn't where he should have been

Max,

How much has Murph played in net on this skid?  If he played, how did he look?  How has Harrison looked?

I agree with what sandpiper said 100%. Murphy has been ok to this point. Can tell there are things he really needs to work on like his rebound controll. This first game he played this season he really looked like a brick wall. But since then things have been kind of tough for him. He won his first start of the year then lost his next two and looked bad in those two games. He got back into another game this past Friday against Lowell. Got off to a real shakey start gave up three early goals to start in the first then seemed to settle down after that. But would really like to see him work on rebound controll.

As for Jay Harrison again agree with sandpiper. He has been wonderfull to have on the team. Comes in play hard and looks like he really wants to work hard to get back up. And like sandpiper said he been wonderfull with the younger guys as well trying to talk with them and teach them what to do as well. What has surprised me about him to this point is his point out put with us to this point. Has a goal in two assist with us so far. Had the game winning goal for us against Adirondack. And like sandpiper said has not come down pouting or anything. Just wants to improve and get back up as soon as possible. And help the young kids get better as well. Really did not think he would pout any way as far as I can remember we have never had that problem with any player the Canes have ever sent here. Every player the Canes have ever sent here has always come down and played and played hard.

[quote name='max wrote:

fpsndiver']Max,

How much has Murph played in net on this skid?  If he played, how did he look?  How has Harrison looked?

I agree with what sandpiper said 100%. Murphy has been ok to this point. Can tell there are things he really needs to work on like his rebound controll. This first game he played this season he really looked like a brick wall. But since then things have been kind of tough for him. He won his first start of the year then lost his next two and looked bad in those two games. He got back into another game this past Friday against Lowell. Got off to a real shakey start gave up three early goals to start in the first then seemed to settle down after that. But would really like to see him work on rebound controll.

As for Jay Harrison again agree with sandpiper. He has been wonderfull to have on the team. Comes in play hard and looks like he really wants to work hard to get back up. And like sandpiper said he been wonderfull with the younger guys as well trying to talk with them and teach them what to do as well. What has surprised me about him to this point is his point out put with us to this point. Has a goal in two assist with us so far. Had the game winning goal for us against Adirondack. And like sandpiper said has not come down pouting or anything. Just wants to improve and get back up as soon as possible. And help the young kids get better as well. Really did not think he would pout any way as far as I can remember we have never had that problem with any player the Canes have ever sent here. Every player the Canes have ever sent here has always come down and played and played hard.

Well, I think Harrison had some good moments here, but he really had a bad tendency to take bad penalties at inopportune moments.  Hopefully Murph will build some more confidence. Adding Boychuk back down there should help too.  Doesn't look like we'll be stealing Peters from you now, but if we do, I would imagine you'd be seeing Leighton in Albany with the acquisition of Legace today.  Very interesting times here indeed in North Carolina.

Thanks for the response.