The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ttiger2004

Zach Boychuk reassign to Albany

I was a little surprised that he was sent down so soon. I agree I think he will be back this season. At least he goes back with a NHL point in his pocket. I thought he played pretty well but it looked like he could use some more AHL experience. Now he knows what he is playing for and I for one hope to see him back soon.

My guess is Whitney is ready to return. Only a guess.

Why?  He played great. JR please don't mess with his head! Let him know he did nothing wrong & it's a numbers game, and as soon as we make some room he will be back up.

We do need to make room for Whitney, but we still have Staal out. I understand that he could use a little work on the defensive end, but Boychuk was one of the only guys out there consistently making offense happen. Despite his size he gets to the net and has a nose for the puck around the net. He is also going to be a sniper, and he has made a few sweet passes. It may be a numbers game at this point, but Boychuk is for real and I for one think this team can use all the offense it can find.

Zach is going down to make room for Whitney on Wed but if Whitney can't go, Zach will be recalled.  

Rutherford said he expected Whitney to return for the Canes' game Wednesday against the L.A. Kings at the RBC Center. If Whitney is not able to play, Rutherford said Zach Boychuk could be recalled from Albany -- Boychuk was reassigned to the River Rats (AHL) this morning after playing two games for the Hurricanes.

Don't like this at all. Wake up JR...Boychuck gives us a spark and could replace a number of players on the team now. His line with Cole and whoever else looked good last night...Cullen I think it was. There's no reason to send him down...even with Whitney coming back we should keep him. Hell, send LaRose down, he hasn't done a thing this season. Doesn't even hustle as much anymore.

Damn, the team is bad enough but the people leading it are just as lost. THAT is truly frustrating as a diehard fan to sit back and watch.

What a joke! This kid is trying harder than anyone else on the team to score. Sure, the defense stinks. Sure, there are now serious goalie issues. But we have no offense! And the one person trying the hardest is going back to Albany. Granted, with a little more experience under his belt, he could have had 6 or 7 goals the past 2 games, but at least he had the determination that seems to be lagging this season.

Can we send Aaron Ward to Albany instead and keep Zach a few more games?! Yes, I know A Ward is defense, but refer to the first line of this post.  Something's better than nothing.  He could go back to Boston for all I care.

I don't see the logic in sending him down. He's been playing well and he's sent down when you've got guys like Aaron Ward, LaRose, Brindamour, etc. sorely under performing. I love A.Ward, Brindamour and LaRose, but for whatever reason Ward isn't playing like he was up through last year, Brindamour is a shell of his former self and with a fat new contract it looks like LaRose has regressed and doesn't bring the same edge he always had. We need Boychuck back, he's looked great thus far.

He better be called back up as soon as a spot is available. I can deal with losing 12 straight but Boychuk played well enough to earn a spot out of training camp, not to mention his play in a couple of games.

I think it is more like 15 games up in NHL, then the player is due major league pay/contract. The Penguins did this with Jordan Staal back in his rookie season. He just kept getting better, so they never sent him down.

They should have kept him up and healthy scratched a couple guys that aren't playing well(to send a messege).(LaRose,Yelle,Kostopalis)

JR is nuts. Move Rod to 4th line center, send Yelle down to Albany (that is why we put him on waivers, right?!?!) and keep Boychuk in the lineup. We need the speed. In case no one is paying attention, we are OLD and SLOW. Sending down one of our YOUNG and FAST guys is S-T-U-P-I-D.

Boychuk is our future. Might as well get him NHL playing time NOW. We aren't making the playoffs, folks. Let's get the future on the ice.