The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Banners

good. maybe now they can get nc state to organize theirs. state's look terrible, they look like they have no order at all to them, and they take up too much room. come on state, "NCAA SECOND ROUND"....seriously ??

good. maybe now they can get nc state to organize theirs. state's look terrible, they look like they have no order at all to them, and they take up too much room. come on state, "NCAA SECOND ROUND"....seriously ??

Yeah I guess it's time to revamp that 1983 National Champions banner

wich is why I wish the Canes had there own Arena,and did not share one with State,and that has nothing to do with the fact that I am a UNC fan, its becuase I am a hockey fan,and I want opposing fans to know they are in a NHL arena,not a 2nd rate ACC Basketball Gym(dispite this season,just give the canes about 5 more years,and they will have more banners than state!!!!! )

the Canes Division,Confrence and SC Champion banners should be the most visiable banners in the RBC Center,along with all the other NHL banners  

i don't have a problem sharing an arena. other teams do it fine (celtics/bruins, flyers/sixers, bulls/blackhawks)...it's just the way state has their banners...they don't seem organized at all. they need to have their stuff on one end, and the canes one the other end, just like the teams i mentioned above do. also they should display their two national chamionship banners prominently at the endzone area (over the goal)...then have the final four banners and acc championship ones smaller, and to the left and right of the chamionship ones. i'm really particular about small details like this.

Not only that but over 75% are completely pointless and half thier teams numbers are retired.

Oh ... good for you you made the sweet sixteen....you didnt win though.

Suppose I repeated earlier thoughts, but it's so annonying it's worth repeating.

Yeah, a consolidated NCAA tournament banner with just the years for anything less than the Final Four would make a lot of sense. Same for the NIT. Somehow I doubt there are individual banners hanging in Chapel Hill or at Durham. I've looked up there plenty of times and thought it was ridiculous.