The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Carolina-Thunderbirds

Brown bagging

brownpapernats1.jpg

Anyone started doing this at the home games yet?   How would you feel about fans doing this?

Is that the Washington National ballpark?

Once again, I appreciate the responses.  I didn't mean to turn this into a fan hate type of thing and I really didn't expect to hear violence creep into the discussion.. I mean really.. we're hurricanes fans, not sabres..  reality check if you will.  but I get it.. the internet is full of big talking tough guys, no harm , no foul while sitting in front of a computer screen.  roll.gif

So back on topic.  It seems like everyone has they're own way of showing displeasure with the performance of this team, some by posting on a message board, others by yelling at the players on the ice, some probably make signs for the game, while others choose to brown bag it.  I think the biggest thing is, why would anyone take a fan showing displeasure with the team personally?  You are not on the ice playing nor are you a decision maker for the team.  It has no bearing on you whatsoever.  if anyone is pleased with the effort this team is producing then by all means, make your signs telling them how great they are.. come to think of it, in this time or team turmoil, that might send the message even more loud and clear.

I can understand the comments about trying to bring some humor into the situation (anybody here knows I try, often to the point of my own demise) but brown-bagging should be reserved for the truly horrible.  Boo if you want.  Cheer the other team if you want.  Bring signs.  Email the organization.  Have fun at the game.

Remember, this was a team we saw make it to the ECF's a few months ago.  That doesn't give them a free pass forever, but they don't deserve a brown bag either.  This is just my opinion and everybody has one.  Besides, if you brown bag, you will be blocking another fans view.  I get miffed with fans that lean forward in their seat in front of me all night so maybe I'm just picky.  I don't really mind having to lean forward to see over them, but I know what it does to the fan behind me.

There was a guy in the 314 section wearing the bag last Friday. He had on his Canes jersey with the bag on. It did bring slightly more humor than anger for me. I mean at this point...the loses don't hurt as bad, guess I'm becoming numb to them.

I thought about doing something like this. I love this team and I want it to succeed. Though I don't have JR's or Mo's email in my address book so I would have to do something like this to get a point across.

I was about to make a thread if anyone thought that booing the team would be more appropriate.

Also calling someone who paid for a ticket a non supporter is quite an insult. Sure a team has its up and downs but when a team had expectations of being a playoff contender and spent near the cap then there are reasons to show the team our displeasure.

I thought about doing something like this. I love this team and I want it to succeed. Though I don't have JR's or Mo's email in my address book so I would have to do something like this to get a point across.

I was about to make a thread if anyone thought that booing the team would be more appropriate.

Also calling someone who paid for a ticket a non supporter is quite an insult. Sure a team has its up and downs but when a team had expectations of being a playoff contender and spent near the cap then there are reasons to show the team our displeasure.

You can find some contact info here: http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=46141.  Not a direct email to Mo or JR, but somebody will know.  The thing is, does anybody think that the organization isn't as troubled as we are about the performance.  I know that we are tired of the losing this year, but it's just this year.  I want to see some changes as well as anybody, but not to the brown bag phase yet.

Super Dave - your soldier is saluting with the wrong hand
wink.gif

super-dave-1 wrote:

If anybody wears one and is sitting in front of me, I hope that bag has room for the knot that will be the result of a blunt object blow to the head.  I'm not looking over and around that thing while I'm cheering the Canes to victory.

Suckage should go on for years, not weeks, before a brown bag is sported.

[quote name='bigbander wrote:

Super Dave - your soldier is saluting with the wrong hand
wink.gif

super-dave-1']If anybody wears one and is sitting in front of me, I hope that bag has room for the knot that will be the result of a blunt object blow to the head.  I'm not looking over and around that thing while I'm cheering the Canes to victory.

Suckage should go on for years, not weeks, before a brown bag is sported.

First of all, thanks for taking note of my soldier saluting.

Second of all, isn't he facing the flag making that his right hand?  

I didn't enjoy someone wearing a bag on his head, so I announced my displeasure by calling him a disgrace, but at least he still comes to the game and he's not as bad as the guy down the row from him yelling we suck, or the guy behind him chanting mo must go instead of let's go canes. I don't think it's funny to wear a bag on your head, I also don't think a player or coach will play any harder than they already are because of someone wearing a bag on his head, the only person it is affecting is the guy who is sacrificing his peripheral vision by staring out of a bag. I hope he at least had some rum in there.

It does look like the left hand... with the angle of his hat, he looks like he's facing the eagle.
veteransday_wktv.jpg

I'd say he's facing the flag since he should be saluting with his right hand.  At least he doesn't have a bag on his head (gotta keep this puppy "on topic") 

I'd say he's facing the flag since he should be saluting with his right hand.  At least he doesn't have a bag on his head (gotta keep this puppy "on topic") 
If he's facing the flag, he'd need a HUGE hole in his bag for his nose.