The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Cowtown-Cane

Thanks

I appreciate how you guys stuck up for me, and 300 section for helping me introduce myself to new people.

Yes the camaraderie on this forum is exceptional, and everyone's sense of humor is great. There are times I just read and read and look at the graphics you all will post to illustrate your words and I am cracking up so bad my chronic bronchitis will seize my lungs and just about choke me to death, but I am DYING LAUGHING. sigh. What a way to go, if one must.

I also appreciate the amount of assistance and information sharing that goes on here. There is one hell of a lot of hockey expertise here, but I notice that no one really makes a point out of being a know-it-all *edit* about that. Makes for a very comfortable atmosphere no matter where on the hockey spectrum the members fall.

And the inevitable and ALWAYS entertaining roasting of the other teams and refs is high art much of the time. No one is really mean and nasty and tasteless, although I'm sure that our member Sabres fans must do a LOT of eyerolls over the everpresent, guaranteed never to go away daily banana slug references in their many forms. I hope that you all notice, however, that the roasting done here in Cane Country is still not vitriolic. The folks here are really a lot of sportsmen, and I mean that in the truest sense. The focus is actually the GAME and who brings it to the ice, and the boards here never really lose sight of that. It keeps it real.

Just speaking for me, I have found that Caniac Corner is like a wonderful huge old house with a ton of rooms and every one of them is some place you can stop in, flop down on a chair or couch and have a perfectly enjoyable time with whomever else is in the house, or you can just enjoy being there by your own self, soaking up the atmosphere. The 'house parents (the moderators) have everything to do with this. Very nice job, folks! Big pats on the back!

No Problem, You came here with lots of knowledge and that is what made you fit in. We always appreciate a true fan.

No Problem, You came here with lots of knowledge and that is what made you fit in. We always appreciate a true fan.

Were you reffering to me or all of us in general? Either way, thanks!! I love talking about hockey and this place is the most welcoming and fun. I have tons of fun on it! I am addicted!! I am continually checking the site; I don't always sign in, but I check to see if there are any new posts!! Thanks guys for being 'Canes fans, since we know 'Canes fans are some of the best fans in the world!! :thumbup: