The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
top-shelf-1

Value for value?

Note- i read this somewhere, and it was very smart, so here it is.

The Williams trade was very justifiable at the time. You have, on the one hand, justin Williams, a goal scorer with a fragile glass body. He was injured and would not have played in the playoffs. So trading him for cole (who admittably did not that much in the playoffs) was was trading for the future. The team, in a financial sense, HAD to make the playoffs this year. JWilly being on the injured reserve did not help that goal. Cole was a known producer, and he played a huge part in the hot streak we went on.

So yes, now it seems dumb, but looking back it was a very good move. (Though i still hate it- i liked JWilly)

Also, Patrick Eaves was a waste of 4 mil cap space. 4 mil for 7 goals a year??!?! pass

I really wish the Canes still had Seidenberg and Williams instead of the mess they are throwing out on the ice right now.  Williams really could help put some pucks in the net.  He has the scoring touch that is seriously lacking on this team.  He could actually pick the corners and not just shoot the puck into the goalies stomach like we do now.  I still don't understand why they didn't want to keep Seidenberg because I thought he was a good player for us last year.  He is better than 3 of the D-man we currently have.