The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Ok, fess up-what role did you play in the downward spiral of the Canes

I might have enjoyed the Sabres missing the playoffs again last year a little too much....sorry Quince wink.gif

I bought a long sleeve Hurricanes shirt from the eye the very first game I attended (I didn't know it was that cold in an ice arena lol) It has 1997 on the sleeves... anyway I wore that shirt to every single game after that (about 8/9 years now)... until this summer when I got the bright idea to take it to the Caniac carnival and let the guys sign it embarassed.gif... I went to the BrindAmor,Cole table and the Gleason,Walker table... Sorry fellow Caniacs... Do you think it would help if I washed the names out of it??? I'll try anything

My goalie mask avvie got changed and I haven't attempted to figure out how to fix it because our forums got converted from shiny shiny to ghetto.

I swore I would wear my Kings jersey and root for L.A. last night, since every team I root for loses. I got stuck with baby duty so I couldn't get upstairs to get the jersey, and I couldn't help myself -- I rooted for the Canes.

After years and years of buying individual game tickets, I am a first time STH this year. I've been buying the cheap deal seats for quite a while and they opened up the UGZ this season and I thought, "Why not?"  Now I know why not.

There's that and of course c97 being too nice and well behaved.

After years and years of buying individual game tickets, I am a first time STH this year. I've been buying the cheap deal seats for quite a while and they opened up the UGZ this season and I thought, "Why not?"  Now I know why not.

I think it was also the hat, though you didn't wear it until last night you must have been thinking about it at every game!

[quote name='caniac-97 wrote:

super-dave-1']

I think it was also the hat, though you didn't wear it until last night you must have been thinking about it at every game!

I'm taking a pic of that hat tonight and putting it in the "what's positive" thread.  I'm positive that's a cool hat; Ms. superdave, not so much.  That just makes me want to wear it more.  Don't blame the hat, it's new.

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

caniac-97 wrote:

super-dave-1']

I'm taking a pic of that hat tonight and putting it in the "what's positive" thread.  I'm positive that's a cool hat; Ms. superdave, not so much.  That just makes me want to wear it more.  Don't blame the hat, it's new.it is a cool hat but it diverts your focus from rooting for the team to "Styling and Profiling".  My better half saw you strutting down the concourse during intermission, all you needed was a cane.

2-16-3. That's Carolina's record since I SHAVED MY PLAYOFF BEARD after the Boston series in preparation for my trip to Florida the third week of May.

I challenge any of you to top that.

I can but if i posted it TSA would ban me so quick that it would leave my head spinning.

[quote name='caniac-97 wrote:

super-dave-1 wrote:

caniac-97']I think it was also the hat, though you didn't wear it until last night you must have been thinking about it at every game!

I'm taking a pic of that hat tonight and putting it in the "what's positive" thread.  I'm positive that's a cool hat; Ms. superdave, not so much.  That just makes me want to wear it more.  Don't blame the hat, it's new.
it is a cool hat but it diverts your focus from rooting for the team to "Styling and Profiling".  My better half saw you strutting down the concourse during intermission, all you needed was a cane.

kramer_pimp_walk.gif

That's me. Once I get a Canes patch on that hat, I'll be there and the Canes can start winning.

I think i'm to blame for the entire thing.   I decided to take beginner Ice Skating lessons, so I could be a better fan and have even more respect for what my boys do on a daily basis.. 

I learned to skate this summer, and the team FORGOT how to skate this summer.  Woe is me.

We attended Game 4 of the Boston series. Maybe there is some unwritten rule in hockey lore about bringing a pregnant woman to a hockey game. My wife was 8 months along at the time. Maybe it was further enhanced by my selling our Game 3 SCF tickets. But we've only won 3 games since then. Sorry.

I think i'm to blame for the entire thing.   I decided to take beginner Ice Skating lessons, so I could be a better fan and have even more respect for what my boys do on a daily basis.. 

I learned to skate this summer, and the team FORGOT how to skate this summer.  Woe is me.

You stole their mojo, you evil,evil woman!!!

My boss is from Boston...huge Bruins fan.  I might have put a headstone on his desk with a Bruins logo on it with an inscription that read, "Killed by a Hurricane (with our logo of course), " with the date of game 7.  That might have done us in.  He is certainly gloating about our season so far this year.  The only good that came out of it was when Aaron Ward shot from the point and it was deflected in by Walker...when we lost to Boston earlier in the season.  The hockey gods were shining there, if only for a brief moment, upon our Canes.

Other than that, I might have gloated to several Devil's fans about Brodeur's temper tamptrum after the .2 second goal thing by Jokinen and the alleged interference with a goalie out of the paint.  That could have done it too.  Therefore, I have jinxed us in multiple ways.  There are others, but those 2 I think are my primary contributions to our current demise.

I'm sorry gang, and I'm sorry for the franchise that I have jinxed them so.

I may or may not have claimed we would win the Stanley Cup soley based on the fact that I went to the home opener this year.  The reason being, the last home opener I made it to was October 2005 when we went on to win the Cup that season.

I should have known it was going to back fire, since I went to Game 3 of the New Jersey series last season and we got beat by a late goal. 

During that game I thought it would repeat like it did when I was there in 2006, when Nic Wallin slid one in past Brodeur in OT to win game 2 of that series.

So far, everything this season is exactly opposite of that one.  It does look kind of like 02-03 however.