The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Ok, fess up-what role did you play in the downward spiral of the Canes

Two things:

Like super dave, I too became a STH for the first time after years of buying tix on the cheap in the parking lot on game days.

During the playoffs last year, my husband got his jersey (that he's had for YEARS) signed by most of the team and after the season was over, we spent $500 to have it framed and he got a new jersey to wear.

Two things:

Like super dave, I too became a STH for the first time after years of buying tix on the cheap in the parking lot on game days.

During the playoffs last year, my husband got his jersey (that he's had for YEARS) signed by most of the team and after the season was over, we spent $500 to have it framed and he got a new jersey to wear.

You've got all the mojo trapped in that frame.  Bust that glass and let it out.

I bought a Washington Nationals hat while in DC this summer. When I got home I  placed it on the shelf next to my Canes good luck game hat . Obviously the Canes hat picked up bad habits from the Nationals hat.

I told my friends at the game that the odds our in our favor to win, because what are the odds we could lose 9 in a row, chances are we will win right?  I should know better then that, I suck at odds and gambling. Its at least 5-10% my fault.

I have been like Mo Changing the lines all around, but with my Canes Gear.

Maybe I should stick with one. OK Red Jersey. (sorry black & white you are both retired to the closet) Black Canes fleece under that. Oh yeah where did my wife hide my red canes boxers...

I have been like Mo Changing the lines all around, but with my Canes Gear.

Maybe I should stick with one. OK Red Jersey. (sorry black & white you are both retired to the closet) Black Canes fleece under that. Oh yeah where did my wife hide my red canes boxers...

i have done that with no luck so we and the better half are doing "no jersey" night.

I tried to back MO being brought back on board last year. We went to the finals and thought he had something to do with it. I know now it was the players worried about their positions when they saw the coach go!

Please forgive me, Caniac Family. I was weak in a time of need! I wanted to believe but, I now see that I was wrong!

I'm so sorry - I changed my profile photo at the beginning of the season when we move to the new board. It was a picture with long shadows on the beach, and it obviously shadowed the whole team and season, so far.

I just changed it back, so we should be good now.

I was very confident going into this season!!

Good run last year,what i thought were great signings in the off season!!

Boy was I wrong!

I bought my husband a Chad LaRose jersey for his birthday in October. He hasn't worn his normal jersey since, and it's the one he wore when we won the cup. I am so sorry!!!

Hey, maybe it's because Goodberry's left the building?

I emptied out my savings account and became a first-time STH......:::::::sign::::::......good times!

On a postive note, I havent posted here in years....so maybe posting again will bring good things!

I got in a fight with my hockey buddy during the first game of the season and we stopped talking. He forgave me last week but we haven't been able to watch a game together due to the fact that we live 4 hours apart now.

and... I bought a Columbus Jersey and wore it the day the season started (but the Canes didn't play) and I wore it to watch the Columbus game... and well... oops! My bad ya'll

I didnt do anything, but per N&O;

"From June to Today, only nine named storms developed. No hurricanes hit the U.S."

Hmm, so there were several storms that may or may not have developed into hurricanes, but they didnt pan out as big as the General Man- scientists thought they would....alien.gif

"The 2009 hurricane season was the quietest since the 2006 season, which had only 9 tropical storms and 5 hurricanes which made landfall in the U.S."

Its an omen to stay away from the playoffs! Good work JR!

I quit coming to the games early and hanging out drinking my favorite drink: Amaretto and Canfield's 50/50. Kind of like an Amaretto sour. I need to go home to Chicago to get some more 50/50 pop.

I never dreamed I had so much power.ohwell.gif

Quarterfinals , 1minute 47 seconds remaining , game 7 made deal that M. Brodeur forgets where he is for two minutes. When Gleason dives for the keep in, I knew ther would be hell to pay. Are Game 7 wins worth all this?

Quarterfinals , 1minute 47 seconds remaining , game 7 made deal that M. Brodeur forgets where he is for two minutes. When Gleason dives for the keep in, I knew ther would be hell to pay. Are Game 7 wins worth all this?
Yes.

[quote name='topshelfavry wrote:

caniacbeej']Quarterfinals , 1minute 47 seconds remaining , game 7 made deal that M. Brodeur forgets where he is for two minutes. When Gleason dives for the keep in, I knew ther would be hell to pay. Are Game 7 wins worth all this?

Yes.

as much as I hate what is going on this season, I have to agree with you.  That game seven and the Boston one were ones I will remember for years!

I beat all of you - During the first game of the season against the flyers, my mom had a heart attack.. In fact, I watched the Bruins vs. Hurricanes game in the hospital. I think that game made my mother worse... Anyway, sorry peeps. And don't worry, mom is fine now. Go Canes!!!

I have worshipped from afar since the beginning ('97), and came to my first game on 10/9 with a very old and dear friend. Of course we kicked butt and took names that game (Panthers), but my buddy and I felt we must've put the hex on them. If so, I am very sorry, but I can't wait to come back to the RBC, I had a blast!!! Better than any Carolina Panthers game I've ever been to, Caniacs are the BEST!

BTW jeromeo87, glad to hear your mom is doing better!

My expectations were set too high, I should know better from past experiences with teams I love. My only hope at the beginning and throughout last season was just making the playoffs. Guess after such a great run and picking up guys like Stephane Yelle I got a little too excited. 

Considering how the 07-08 season ended and how troubling last season was around this time last year when Lavi got fired, absolutely! I still can't get enough of those moments from youtube and seeing all the fans at the airport and tailgating. Moments like "Shock at the Rock" may never happen again in our lifetime.