The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Ok, fess up-what role did you play in the downward spiral of the Canes

[quote name='captain_jack88 wrote:

caniacbeej']Quarterfinals , 1minute 47 seconds remaining , game 7 made deal that M. Brodeur forgets where he is for two minutes. When Gleason dives for the keep in, I knew ther would be hell to pay. Are Game 7 wins worth all this?

Considering how the 07-08 season ended and how troubling last season was around this time last year when Lavi got fired, absolutely! I still can't get enough of those moments from youtube and seeing all the fans at the airport and tailgating. Moments like "Shock at the Rock" may never happen again in our lifetime.Agreed 100%.  I will never forget the experiences I had for both game 7's vs. NJ and BOS.  The chaos and fan camaraderie at the Cool Bars for Shock at the Rock was something special.  Watching the entire Bruins game 7 on the phone with my husband who was in London for work (5:00 am for him, mind you) and us going bonkers together 3,000 miles apart is a memory I just can't get enough of.

Sorry - this is probably derailing this thread a bit but I can never resist an excuse to relive those moments happy.gif

In 2006 when we won the Cup I was deployed to Iraq.  So I got to thinking "Why not deploy again so we can raise the Cup once more?"  I left the US in July and came to Afghanistan (where I am writing this from)......sorry guys & gals.....I CAME TO THE WRONG COUNTRY!!!

PS  I'll be home on leave in March....anyone have any good, cheapt tix to sell for the one game I could get to?  vs Phoenix

Sorry everyone... I started looking for my CANES Tee Shirt about 10 min before puck drop last night... By the time I located it the score was 1-1. I thought I still had time... So I stopped the washing machine cycle...got it out squeezed most of the water out...By then the DREADED second period had started... I tossed it in the dryer but after 15 min... I took it out (IN DESPERATION) and put it on wet... We did score 2 more in the third but it was to little to late and not enough... I am sorry... The shirt is now dry and I will be sure to put it on at least an hour before the game tonight!!! GO CANES... For those of you wondering "Why the HELL-O it was in the washer to begin with..." I was wearing it during the Dallas game and in my excitment after the HAT TRICK I dumped a bowl of Salsa over all down the front of it...  

In 2006 when we won the Cup I was deployed to Iraq.  So I got to thinking "Why not deploy again so we can raise the Cup once more?"  I left the US in July and came to Afghanistan (where I am writing this from)......sorry guys & gals.....I CAME TO THE WRONG COUNTRY!!!

PS  I'll be home on leave in March....anyone have any good, cheapt tix to sell for the one game I could get to?  vs Phoenix

If you only need one ticket, I have a seat in lower level south (sec 127, Row G, Seat 3) for $30.00 - STH face value is $70

I believed.

tongue.gif

and...I stopped drinking E&JG wine and spicy pork rinds on game day...and I touched my jersey before "close to game time"...and I talked about the Canes ON GAME DAY.

I'm going to test this theory on Wednesday to see if its accurate, but apparently any game that I personally take time to view while its happening, we lose.  We were doing well yesterday up until I get home and turn on the TV to watch the game.  Within minutes Staal is in the box and A. Ward is blindly passing the puck and they score the game winner.

So, no radio, no TV, no following on the cell phone.  Its all my fault for caring...  eek.gif

We won the game against Dallas and the second against the Panthers, both of which I didn't look at the Game Day Thread for. And guess what I did last night, I looked at the GDT. My bad.

I did nothing wrong, I am going to blame Canesvision. It has irked me since the beginning of the year that our pregame videos are too, for lack of a better word, feminine. I can see that they went to alot of trouble for the video with the nickelback song, but why on earth is the main color pink. Towards the end of it it turns red but come on, pink is not an inspiring hockey color. And for the Caniac video, it is nice and sentimental and all but it seems like it should be an end of the year video not an everyday pump you up video. And the fact that a U2 song is playing during it doesn't help my opinion of it. I know it's just me but it all seems a bit pansy and we need some videos that get people riled up and ready to cheer. The one video I do enjoy is the short one with the two teams helmets go head to head, thats a pretty awesome video, and the music is more hockey style. I think Canesvision is at the top of the league in what they bring to our home games, I just think they missed on these two videos and thats why we are bad. umm, well that and we don't score goals.

We won the game against Dallas and the second against the Panthers, both of which I didn't look at the Game Day Thread for. And guess what I did last night, I looked at the GDT. My bad.

Haha, maybe you should be blaming Krad instead of yourself laugh.gif

You all can relax because it is all my fault. I have no love for the Bruins whatsoever because of the old Whaler days, so, last season when we played them in the semi-finals I said that I don't care if we win another game as long is we upset the freaking Bruins.

Well, we did and beating the Bruins tasted almost as good as winning the Cup, and it was all downhill from there.

Ok, well it my turn to "fess up".  Im sure im not the only one here, but this was my first year as a mini-STH'er.  i screwed up and probably stole the seat of the guy who was gonna "take us back to the promised land!!!"  I stand before you all a humble man.   embarassed.gif 

Ok... I'll admit it... it's MY fault!... spoke to Mr. Rutherford at lunch on the first day of training camp... last time I did this was the epic "letdown" season after we won the cup, and that year we became the first team to win the cup and not make the playoffs the next year... now this... I'm done, will skip the first day of training camp from now on!

I've officially decided that its all the NHL's fault.  They never should have "upgraded" all the software because it clearly messed with our mojo.

Thats the story I'm sticking with.  That...and Irishguy better have some new gear ready for the new year. dry.gif

I have an un-natural/seething hatred for the Boston Bruins.  Unfortunately, I believe that my blinding hatred has caused the Canes downward spiral this year.  Last spring , as a long suffering Whalers Fan (living in Boston) and enduring game #1 in person, I said "if the Canes take out the B's in the playoffs I will never complain about anything hockey related ever again"   Somehow I felt that winning that playoff series would exorcise the 20 years of Bruins domination that we old Whaler guys had to endure...apparently the Hockey Gods were listening.   My first test was the Oct. 3rd "2nd Boston Massacre".  What a disaster.  Staal takes a puck to the head, Cole gets his leg broken with 2 minutes left in a 7-2 romp and Lucic opens up Harrison etc etc etc.  I actually even broke off a relationship with a very nice young lady who i took to the Oct 3rd game because I thought she had jinxed the Canes.  That had to be it, right?  I'm still not really over what happened that day. Terrible stuff...and it's been nothing but trials and tribulations ever since.  Sorry fellow Canes fans...this one is on me

Ok, well it my turn to "fess up".  Im sure im not the only one here, but this was my first year as a mini-STH'er.  i screwed up and probably stole the seat of the guy who was gonna "take us back to the promised land!!!"  I stand before you all a humble man.   embarassed.gif 
I did the same thing in 06-07.