The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Let the Canes trade rumor talks begin in the media

[quote name='hockeybaby wrote:

ebhughes']hmm, staal for several players that i have never heard of, and some prospects who may or may not pan out....

is any one else getting tired of these rumors when JR has stated that they are all BS?

Yes! I am tired of it. JR already stated that the untouchables for the Hurricanes are C. Ward and Eric Staal.

Yes JR did say that , but i believe that was stated last year, so with how this year has started you never know?? I myself don't see it happening but who am I?

Please stop the Staal trade CRAP.. You people CAN NOT be serious..
Hockey is a business and anything is possible!!  NO ONE is untouchable.

[quote name='caniac-97 wrote:

jeromeo87']Please stop the Staal trade CRAP.. You people CAN NOT be serious..

I would imagine that once upon a time, there were a lot of Oilers fans that thought that Wayne Gretzky was untouchable.  

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

caniac-97 wrote:

jeromeo87']Please stop the Staal trade CRAP.. You people CAN NOT be serious..

I would imagine that once upon a time, there were a lot of Oilers fans that thought that Wayne Gretzky was untouchable.  Exactly!!

super-dave-1 wrote:

caniac-97']Hockey is a business and anything is possible!!  NO ONE is untouchable.

I would imagine that once upon a time, there were a lot of Oilers fans that thought that Wayne Gretzky was untouchable.  
Exactly!!

I think i just heard a PIN Drop!!!Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Eklund is reporting that something will go down on Friday with Philly that might involve us. Peter might want some of his "boys" up their to sell the system.

Maybe Philly will recycle Brindy
The names that get dropped are Staal, Whitney, and LaRose but I hope we all get "shocked" and it is Brindy!!  Seems Peter wants some guys to sell his system.  The only problem with Brindy is he doesn't like Peter so that part would be confusing.

Where y'all getting the information about potential Philly deal?  Looks like they might have a problem with their former captain pulling a Tiger with a teammate's wife.  There are currently some massive issues in the locker room according to their message boards, and an underground newspaper they quoted before the thread locked.  I'll try to get a linky when I get home.  I've been reading their boards since Lavi took the reigns there.  Additionally, too bad that SensFan thread couldn't continue, that one might have been fun, even if in violation of the TOS. 

EDIT:  removed linky.  I don't want to get a warning.  Google flyers forums and look for lockerroom drama.  After all, thinking about this, we may be getting one of the players that is a source of these rumors.  At any rate, it looks to be a mess up there in Philly, much worse than just their gameplay.    

And the Oiler trade is known as one of the most shocking and horrible moves made. JR is not dumb. This is an area that is really trying to establish this sport. What do you think trading away a, if not THE, favorite and best player on the ice would do?

legend-1']Maybe Philly will recycle Brindy

The names that get dropped are Staal, Whitney, and LaRose but I hope we all get "shocked" and it is Brindy!!  Seems Peter wants some guys to sell his system.  The only problem with Brindy is he doesn't like Peter so that part would be confusing.

He doesn't like Peter? Did he tell you that?

[quote name='jeromeo87 wrote:

caniac-97 wrote:

legend-1']Maybe Philly will recycle Brindy

It was rumored for a while the two didnt get along and in a interview with FSN that was like a 30 minute sit down with him. Brindy openly said he didn't see eye to eye on many things with Lavi. Nice politically correct comment, because rumors that floated around is the two had down right shouting matches.

Can't remember the name of the show though... was right before a Canes game about a month ago.

[quote name='legend-1 wrote:

jeromeo87 wrote:

caniac-97']The names that get dropped are Staal, Whitney, and LaRose but I hope we all get "shocked" and it is Brindy!!  Seems Peter wants some guys to sell his system.  The only problem with Brindy is he doesn't like Peter so that part would be confusing.

I know it was said in a interview Roddy did with FSN recently, 30 minute lookback on his life. He said he didn't get along or agree with Lavi. I think he put it lightly though, because alot of the rumors were the two hated each other.

[quote name='legend-1 wrote:

jeromeo87 wrote:

caniac-97']The names that get dropped are Staal, Whitney, and LaRose but I hope we all get "shocked" and it is Brindy!!  Seems Peter wants some guys to sell his system.  The only problem with Brindy is he doesn't like Peter so that part would be confusing.

It was rumored for a while the two didnt get along and in a interview with FSN that was like a 30 minute sit down with him. Brindy openly said he didn't see eye to eye on many things with Lavi. Nice politically correct comment, because rumors that floated around is the two had down right shouting matches.

Can't remember the name of the show though... was right before a Canes game about a month ago.

Yeah, it was called "In my Own Words," i think. And I'm pretty sure Brindy was talking about when Peter FIRST got there.

JR has always valued "character" guys in our locker room. Why would he trade for a trouble maker?

Do we think he is inclined to help Lavi that much? 

JR has always valued "character" guys in our locker room. Why would he trade for a trouble maker?

Do we think he is inclined to help Lavi that much? 

well we did get two of their previous "trouble makers", one was named Brind'Amour and the other was a young kid named Justin Williams!  Of course they also gave us Pavel Brendl I think!!

He isn't so much worried about helping Lavi as the flyers have been a decent trading partner for us in the past.  They have a deep and well stocked farm system.

What kinda worries me is that the guys we may want to trade( Walker,LaRose,A.Ward,Whitney,Sammy, to name a few---IMO) aren't really having a very good year. So who will want them? Then on to someone like Cullen or Ruutu that will have alot of trade ability that could bring us a shutdown type d-man , I would like to see those guys stay. But it is a business and it will be interesting to see where we end up.

What kinda worries me is that the guys we may want to trade( Walker,LaRose,A.Ward,Whitney,Sammy, to name a few---IMO) aren't really having a very good year. So who will want them? Then on to someone like Cullen or Ruutu that will have alot of trade ability that could bring us a shutdown type d-man , I would like to see those guys stay. But it is a business and it will be interesting to see where we end up.
When you say they aren't having a good year you also have to factor in that they are playing Mo's system.  Those guys flourished under Lavi's system, especially LaRose and Sammy.  I think Ruutu will stay but not so sure about Cullen, again he flourished under Lavi's system which is why we could only fill Cullen's spot with Cullen.

djharley']

When you say they aren't having a good year you also have to factor in that they are playing Mo's system.  Those guys flourished under Lavi's system, especially LaRose and Sammy.  I think Ruutu will stay but not so sure about Cullen, again he flourished under Lavi's system which is why we could only fill Cullen's spot with Cullen.Always with the Lavi this and Lavi that.  For your info, Cullen surely didn't "flourish" under Lavi's system.  Sure he won a cup here, but he actually improved his point production after the was traded away to the Rangers.  As a matter a fact he had his best NHL year there.  Upon coming back to Lavi's system the next year his point production dropped off dramatically, and has remained so.

djharley']What kinda worries me is that the guys we may want to trade( Walker,LaRose,A.Ward,Whitney,Sammy, to name a few---IMO) aren't really having a very good year. So who will want them? Then on to someone like Cullen or Ruutu that will have alot of trade ability that could bring us a shutdown type d-man , I would like to see those guys stay. But it is a business and it will be interesting to see where we end up.

When you say they aren't having a good year you also have to factor in that they are playing Mo's system.  Those guys flourished under Lavi's system, especially LaRose and Sammy.  I think Ruutu will stay but not so sure about Cullen, again he flourished under Lavi's system which is why we could only fill Cullen's spot with Cullen.

Since you've said everything that's wrong with the Canes can be blamed on Mo's system 10 gazillion times I've got a question for you.  Please tell us exactly how that works, since you seem to be the self-proclaimed Mo basher around here?

djharley']What kinda worries me is that the guys we may want to trade( Walker,LaRose,A.Ward,Whitney,Sammy, to name a few---IMO) aren't really having a very good year. So who will want them? Then on to someone like Cullen or Ruutu that will have alot of trade ability that could bring us a shutdown type d-man , I would like to see those guys stay. But it is a business and it will be interesting to see where we end up.

I think I have seen this same comment 10 gazillion times ....please, we get it.