The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Whatthepuck

Graphic Design Competition

Since I know nothing about graphic design, here is what I think:

It is easy on the eyes. I like it b/c you can look at it, look away and look back and see different things. Also, you can see how things tie together.

Hope that helps!!

staalsy you use solid works? i've used that program too. It's pretty difficult we have to make a cork screw, with accurate measurements. it was tough...

I had to make a Crown looking carousel thing.

I love it, but it is almost time to switch classes. We make snowmen ornaments too out of spheres.

pic-SolidWorks_1.jpg

SolidWorks_Model_large.JPG

I made the guitar once. I couldnt find my version so found one like it on GOOGLE mine was blue and white.

So it's like 3D stuff?

I don't particularly like that.. the class I'm taking right now is on a program called Fireworks which is very basic and is kind of a pain in the butt since I already use Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop here at my house.

We're doing flash right now, which is really not my strong point =

Is the camera vectored?

I think it is.

Good work on that.

Also,

is the camera the focal point of the whole image?

Or is there no focal point.

I suggest making the camera the focal point.

Like the main image if you know what I mean.

And create everything around it.

Maybe it would help if you tell me what exactly the contest is.

Like what should your image show.

Also if the camera is suppose to be your focal point,

it doesn't seem like it is.

The stuff in the background somewhat takes away from it.

Sort of like too much happening in the back ground,

and all the colours distract the eyes.

For me,

my eyes are darting all over the place to.

I think it would be awesome if the first thing you notice when you view the image is this vectored camera.

And then all the things stem from that.

I don't know how you would create such an affect,

probably a glow or shadow,

perhaps using different colours in the background.

I hope that helps. :-)

So it's like 3D stuff?

I don't particularly like that.. the class I'm taking right now is on a program called Fireworks which is very basic and is kind of a pain in the butt since I already use Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop here at my house.

We're doing flash right now, which is really not my strong point =

YES!

made this too... ( found it on GOOGLE but was one of our assignments.)

01.jpg

The contest does not require anything other than it needs to be created on the computer. And, I decided I'd do it about things that I like, sleeping, hockey, elephants, etc.

The camera is supposed to be the focal point, well, actually, I'm not sure if it was.. I was going to add more on there, but after putting the camera in there I decided not to add anything else because it look nice already. The camera is not centered on the canvas though.

It's sort of look like the stuff behind it is just coming out from behind. I'm thinking maybe if I scooted the little elephant, tree, pillow and little hockey players in a little closer to the camera it would keep from taking away from the camera in the centre?

And I could lighten up the colours a little bit, especially the purples to keep from taking away from the purple that is actually part of the camera.

Wow I typed 'camera' a whole lot. Haha.

The contest does not require anything other than it needs to be created on the computer. And, I decided I'd do it about things that I like, sleeping, hockey, elephants, etc.

The camera is supposed to be the focal point, well, actually, I'm not sure if it was.. I was going to add more on there, but after putting the camera in there I decided not to add anything else because it look nice already. The camera is not centered on the canvas though.

It's sort of look like the stuff behind it is just coming out from behind. I'm thinking maybe if I scooted the little elephant, tree, pillow and little hockey players in a little closer to the camera it would keep from taking away from the camera in the centre?

And I could lighten up the colours a little bit, especially the purples to keep from taking away from the purple that is actually part of the camera.

Wow I typed 'camera' a whole lot. Haha.

The camera doesn't have to be centered to be a focal point.

I actually think it's more artistic when stuff isn't centered.

I think your thing could look really awesome if you some how make the camera really jump out at you.

But now that I'm thinking about it,

you want the other things to be seen,

so don't give so much "WOW" to the camera,

that the other things are neglected when looking at the image.

Other than that,

you're pretty good at this stuff.

Thanks! :D

I think I might take a bit of the purple away, and maybe a little of the black, and keep the black close to the camera so that it makes it come out a bit more than it does now without taking away from what is behind it.

Thanks a lot though, I appreciate it

WTP.. that picture has your personality written all over it... I can see you in each seperate entity...... if its you and displays your heart don't change a single darn thing..... always go with your gut and your heart...... its beautiful IMO.

Thanks! :D

I think I might take a bit of the purple away, and maybe a little of the black, and keep the black close to the camera so that it makes it come out a bit more than it does now without taking away from what is behind it.

Thanks a lot though, I appreciate it

I know absolutely zero about Graphic Design other than it looks really cool when someone else does it, but I have to say my first thought when I say this was Wow. It's good, Catherine. You are very talented! And I like your idea of taking some of the black out. There is just a tad bit too much of it. I also think if you moved in the hockey players, elephants, etc. just a smidge closer to the camera, you would be fine and wouldn't take away from the camera as the focal point.

Hehe. I'm glad that not everybody thinks the elephant is weird and random :D

It looks cool shaded in though. It is nice.

Ok, so I did a bit of editing, basically, it is the same thing. And don't worry trying to compare both of them too long cause then you might get sick and you won't want to look at it ever again.. sort of like what I've been doing right now which is why I'm taking a break and going to work out.. haha.

So here it is:

http://cldesigns.ajerman.com/designs/vectorcontest2.png

Let me know what the thoughts are this time =]