The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canesfanforever

TYLER SEGUIN

im going to go out on a limb here but , if we  get the first round draft  for next year , not saying we will, id rath see the canes play good.. but do any of  you think we will  be picking up tyler seguin as our  first round draft ? the kid is amazing and shows enough talent  to play with albany next year and come to carolina later on down the road if he shows promis there.

will he be 20 in October?  if not then it is the big club or juniors.

im going to go out on a limb here but , if we  get the first round draft  for next year , not saying we will, id rath see the canes play good.. but do any of  you think we will  be picking up tyler seguin as our  first round draft ? the kid is amazing and shows enough talent  to play with albany next year and come to carolina later on down the road if he shows promis there.

Well if all the rumors are true that are going on down here in Albany none of the Canes prospect will be here in Albany next season.

[quote name='max wrote:

Canesfanforever2006']

Well if all the rumors are true that are going on down here in Albany none of the Canes prospect will be here in Albany next season.

what are you talking about ?

From what we are hearing here in Albany the Canes are looking at moving there AHL team to Charlotte. And if that happens then there are rumors we will get stuck with the Rangers. Now if that does happen none of us are mad at the Canes for it we understand there point we are just disapointed because we all love the Canes here. And we do not want to the Canes to leave. But we all know that would make since for them because we know it would put the AHL closer to the Canes. But our owner said it is all up to the Canes on what they want to do. If the Canes want to go then we will look for a different team and we are hearing the Rangers. But if the Canes want to stay we are here for them. It is there choice. Most of us here are praying the Canes decide to stay.

Wow Max, I remember hearing murmers about that last season but haven't heard that in awhile.  Is the contract up this year?

I hate to say it but Charlotte really does make sense from both an economic and marketing stand point.  If they ever really want to grow this sport and pick up fans from across the state, having the AHL team in Charlotte would be a huge plus.  The logistics of having the emergency call ups a 2 1/2 hour car ride away also makes tons of sense.

I know it would be very disappointing for you guys since the Canes/Rats seems to be a very good match but as a local Canes fan, I would get excited about the move because it shows further commitment by this franchise/ownership to the state of NC.  It would be a huge investment for the future of NHL hockey in NC.

I understand the logistics as to why it would work and why it would be better for the organization. I just don't like the idea of losing our boys/your prospects.

Plus (from a purely selfish standpoint) where would you get the pretty pictures of your AHL team from???? wink.gif

I understand the logistics as to why it would work and why it would be better for the organization. I just don't like the idea of losing our boys/your prospects.

Plus (from a purely selfish standpoint) where would you get the pretty pictures of your AHL team from???? wink.gif

Oops, I did forget to mention that we'd be really sad to lose you and Max.  No sense worrying yet though, we have all season to steal your players  grin.gif

Wow Max, I remember hearing murmers about that last season but haven't heard that in awhile.  Is the contract up this year?

I hate to say it but Charlotte really does make sense from both an economic and marketing stand point.  If they ever really want to grow this sport and pick up fans from across the state, having the AHL team in Charlotte would be a huge plus.  The logistics of having the emergency call ups a 2 1/2 hour car ride away also makes tons of sense.

I know it would be very disappointing for you guys since the Canes/Rats seems to be a very good match but as a local Canes fan, I would get excited about the move because it shows further commitment by this franchise/ownership to the state of NC.  It would be a huge investment for the future of NHL hockey in NC.

Yes the contract is up after this season. Yeah I understand it does make alot of sense for the Canes to try to put there AHL team there. We are all just really disappointed about this. All of us here love the Canes and love the way all of you guys care about us all the way from the front office to the TV guys all the way to you guys the fans. None of us want the Canes to leave here. Just very very heartbreaking thinking this could be it between the Canes and Rats. Seems like just yesterday we were getting started with each other. Now it might be over that quick. Just really heartbreaking. But I do relize it does make sense for the Canes. I am not mad at them at all for wanting to do this. Just love the Canes and do not want them to go. Trust me no matter what happens u guys have me as a Canes fan for good. So either way you guys are stuck with me.

Tyler Seguin Plymouth Whalers  games played   18 goals 19 assist 17 points36  penalty minuts20

now , if thoese stats dont tell you anything. i dont know what dose , flying under the radar. 

Those are some great stats, but first thing's first, we have to see how this team responds throughout the rest of the season. There's still a possibility esp with the last couple of games that we could make the playoffs, it's still early in the season.

Personally I would like the Rats and Canes to remain "brothers". Even though I live in Charlotte, I can't fathom how much I will dislike them being in the arena mostly owned by the jerk known as Bob Johnson,  he and the Checkers don't really get along and he treats them rather unfairly IMO. For crying out loud he sent them to play in a facility out in Indian Trail for the playoffs, all so his daughter could ride horses. I can honestly see the brewing tension between JR, PK and Johnson. 

Problem with Tyler is he plays center. Canes need scoring wings like Taylor Hall.

Player            Team                      GP    G    A    PTS    PIM

Taylor Hall Windsor Spitfires 27 23 28 51 10

By the way these players are going to either play Juniors or NHL until they are 20 years old, and by that time it would be NHL.

Problem with Tyler is he plays center. Canes need scoring wings like Taylor Hall.

Player            Team                      GP    G    A    PTS    PIM

Taylor Hall Windsor Spitfires 27 23 28 51 10

By the way these players are going to either play Juniors or NHL until they are 20 years old, and by that time it would be NHL.

the problem with taylor hall is , if you take a look  at who he is playing with , he has  guys who are allready getting things done,  that kid is playing with a good team where as seguin is playing with no help at all and still out producing hall  in every way and also look at the number of games they both have had and look at the teams . and seguin was finally ranked in the cs  as the number 1 pick over all this month .

I see your point & I don't know the Junior teams that they are on. Either player should be a great pick. Knowing JR & PK they will take Tyler because he plays on the Whalers.

Can Tyler play on the wing?

Or do you see a Canes team like the Pens with three top line centers?

Staal, Sutter, Seguin. Boychuk has already be asked to move to wing.

I see your point & I don't know the Junior teams that they are on. Either player should be a great pick. Knowing JR & PK they will take Tyler because he plays on the Whalers.

Can Tyler play on the wing?

Or do you see a Canes team like the Pens with three top line centers?

Staal, Sutter, Seguin. Boychuk has already be asked to move to wing.

um , im sure he could play the wing ,  but id see him mostly as a center and then see sutter play the wing along side with him, and look at it this way , i see next year we will be losing a lot of dead weight so , guys who were not doing anything this year will get the boot , and seguin will come in and pick up where he needs to be.,  maybe 4th or 3rd line when he dose start playing with our club . thats if   jr, paul maruice , don't mess up and throw away the only opertunity to pick up something special that could reall help us in the long haul . if  we dont get tyler seguin ,  we are going to wish we did .......