The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hockeybaby

Legace or as the Habs broadcasters say "Legaceeeee" How's he doin'? Fitting in?

I Think he is very good in shoot outs, but looks unsure of himself in goal. He obviously down on himself from his post game comments.

I want to have confidence in him, but after Cam, I don't have the same"Legace's got that one" kind of feeling........

Considering that he came in to be a back up and now he is the starting goalie due to injuries.  I think he is doing okay.  He has made some mistakes but he is aware of them and has done better each game IMO.  And yes he is doing a great job in the shoot outs (which seems to be a necessity right now)

So far I'm pleased, he got hung out to dry too much last night though. I think next game against TB, if he starts, should be a good test for him against Stamkos, St. Louis, LeCavailer, and Hedman.

No idea why he's down on himself his GAA is high, but lets be honest folks our defence sucks to high heaven.

He makes tons of inital saves but if we dont clear the puck the garbage goals are going to go in. It's not like Manny is being cleanly beaten on shots.

I think Legace's doig ok in net. I guess we've all been spoiled watcing Cam Ward! Especially over the past few games, Legace's looked a whole lot better, I guess just a matter of adjusting to the speed and skill, but every time the opposition enters our zone, "watch out Manny" is yelled at my tv. He doesn't seem to have that calm presence back there in the net, which is something you can really see. Also, the defensemen infront of him could be a bit better... The only thing that really bothers me is the angles he faces shots with. It seems when play is going on or coming out of the corner, he turns himself all the way to the right or all the way to the left, leaving a wide wide 100% of the net open. Anyone else notice that?

Any player coming up from the AHL is going to need a little "getting used to time". Like previously stated he wasnt expected to be a starter when he was signed, so there is a little extra pressure on him. But on the other hand you cannot deny that there is a reason he was sent back to the AHL and nobody has picked him up. He gives up rebounds that are out of this world. You can not expect to be an NHL tender and cough up rebounds like he has been. No defense in the world can help him out with that. But I think he is our best option at the moment.

I was happy to read Legace thought he had a bad game against the Leafs. IMO Manny had an alright game, not great but pretty good.

If Manny thinks he was bad in net the means he knows he can play better. That means he is determined to play better. So good for you Manny not being happy with your game. Now go out and find your "A" zone.

I'm extremely happy with manny and have even named him as my new personal hero and i have noticed a big improvement in his last couple of games and people can't expect him to step right in a fill cam ward's shoes or should i say skates but keep up the good work manny

He challenged at least one shot and the defense has helped him out big time. He even blocked a shot off the mask to the point of deflecting into the netting.

I am just happy that we have a healthy goaltender. No matter who the Canes went out and got, we shouldn't have expecting them to be Cam. As long as Manny knows he can get improve, then I will take from my goaltender any day.

i thought legace looked great in net tonight...altho his small height does make the net look wide open compared to cam.  he had some key, timely saves and played like he is becoming more comfortable in his role for the team.  anybody who caught his interview post-game with forslund and tripp would have to be amazed at his humility and how much credit he gave the TEAM.  he repeatedly said that the defense played well...that the offense kept us in the game...that his great saves were "luck".  clearly, this is a man who knows the meaning of teamwork and that, my friends, one of the things our beloved 'canes need right now.

btw....so good to see our boys finally look like they are coming together and comfortable with each other. 

Legace has always been an extraordinary goalie.  He is beginning to come into his own again in the NHL for the Canes after being abused and neglected by the Blues.  The only thing that I worry about with Legace, is that when Cam comes back, how will he deal with fewer starts?  Legace likes being number one, and is certainly capable of being number one.  I just hope that he understands his role.  I'd love to keep him here, as our back-ups have been.....S-H-A-K-Y for the last several years.  It is nice to have some talent that can step in to relieve Cam for a game, or to come in when Cam is off.  Having a good back-up may allow Cam significantly more rest.  Is Manny OCD or what?  That head pump thing at every play stop kills me.  Lots of atheletes are OCD, so I'm not worried about it.  Sammy Sosa is OCD....so there ya go.

Manny has been ok so far.  It will take a few games imo for him to get up to NHL speed after his time back in the AHL. 

However,

I am very disappointed to see him skate to the net during the singing of the national anthem.  I think it shows very little respect for the moment and is totally outside of the realm of class that this organisation shows. 

He is a vet and does not need to leave the line prior to EITHER anthem ending.  I've always held players in great disdain for not showing a few minutes of respect for the moment when they've skated prior to the anthem's ending.  Now it looks like we've got one such player. 

Maybe its this poor judgement that caused Manny to find his way to the AHL. 

After his interview with John and Tripp after Thursday game He seems to be an all right guy. He indicated that he was getting better with the speed of the NHL. I guess playing in the AHL will do that. He was excited about how his teammates played out in front of him. He described it as a thing of beauty. Looks like our defense is playing better.  Looks as if his team mates like him.

I'll repeat what I've said before. It will be good for us to have two goalies our players have confidence in. I think he can help Cam stay healthy by giving him a night off every so often.  By the same turn, it can help Manny keep his game sharp. The challenge for Maurice is how to manage that time, or is that determined by Tom Brasso.

Did you notice Legace came in with an unpainted helment?  He described what was on the newly painted one for Tripp. The inside of the helment has a list of names of players that are Hall of Famers. Some of which he has played with. The front of the mask he reconizes veterans for their sacrifice. The back cap has the names of his kids and a Breast Cancer ribbon in honor of his mom.

Manny has been ok so far.  It will take a few games imo for him to get up to NHL speed after his time back in the AHL. 

However,

I am very disappointed to see him skate to the net during the singing of the national anthem.  I think it shows very little respect for the moment and is totally outside of the realm of class that this organisation shows. 

He is a vet and does not need to leave the line prior to EITHER anthem ending.  I've always held players in great disdain for not showing a few minutes of respect for the moment when they've skated prior to the anthem's ending.  Now it looks like we've got one such player. 

At least he goes to the line.... Most keep their back to the flag and dont give a #+#@. 

However,

Guess anyone can find something to moan about.