The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
jmburre

Article on Sutter at NHL.com

Nice find. This kid is going to be a star. I dont know if you get to see the games up close, but you can see a difference in his presence out there. He is more confident, a lot calmer, and dont let me forget hes keeping his head up. The rest of the NHL is going young, why shouldnt we. Give the kids a chance. 

"Cant fight against the youth"  -  Sublime  pimp.gif

Yeah, I can't make a lot of the games because of the insane drive (3 to 4 hours depending on traffic) but I was at the Leafs game on the 6th, which was one of his first I think.  I could see immediately what he brought to the ice.  When he's out there, things happen.  On this last game, he had his head up and read Gleason's move in front of the net, and that feed was a thing of beauty.

I was concerned after that hit last season but he seems to have recovered from it in full force. His speed along with his vision on the ice is incredible.

He has really kept this team afloat during all these injuries.

I just heard a Tim Gleason interview on the NHL Network, and they asked him about Sutter.  He said that last year when he was up Sutter was really just happy to be there.  This year he is showing a huge boost in confidence, and it is allowing his talent to really make a difference.

He does have great on ice vision.  I would almost rank him second on the team behind Pitkanan.