The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Cowtown-Cane

Weirdest Thing You've done...

One time last season I was watching a game with headphones on since my roommate was studying. The Hurricanes were killing a 5-on-3 against Washington when Wesley got the puck and started to skate out with it, was very obviously tripped with a ref standing right there, no call was made, the Caps grabbed the puck, and scored.

I said something I can't repeat here and threw the headphones at the TV. I don't know how crazy that is, but it got a weird look out of my roommate.

What is the weirdest thing you have done watching hockey? Or what is your proudest moment watching hockey?

Went to all but one games of the playoffs & Finals, & was there when the 'Canes won the Cup. Doesn't get much better than that.

Weirdest thing we did was watch all the games of the SCF in the dark. It worked for game 1 so we got superstitious after that and no lights were on during any of the games.

Proudest moment was watching the Captain raise that beautiful Cup over his head and knowing what it felt like to have a team of champions. :D

1.I had to work game 7 night, so I bought a cheap, cruddy radio that wouldn't get any scores. I beat the thing against the wall, it picked up:"bzzbzbzbztt..hurricanse up 2-1 in the seconbzzbzz......" I let out a WOOOOO to make Ric proud.

2. I was watching a game back in 2002, and the score was tied. I grabbed my cat, knelt in front of the TV and said "I'll sacrifice this cat for a goal!" 1 second later Brindy scored one.

2. I was watching a game back in 2002, and the score was tied. I grabbed my cat, knelt in front of the TV and said "I'll sacrifice this cat for a goal!" 1 second later Brindy scored one

That's hilarious!!! Poor cat!! haha

What is the weirdest thing you have done watching hockey? Or what is your proudest moment watching hockey?

Went to all but one games of the playoffs & Finals, & was there when the 'Canes won the Cup. Doesn't get much better than that.

Same for me, except I missed two of the playoff games. And your right, it definately doesn't get much better than that. :mrgreen:

2. I was watching a game back in 2002, and the score was tied. I grabbed my cat, knelt in front of the TV and said "I'll sacrifice this cat for a goal!" 1 second later Brindy scored one.

That's hilarious!!

There was a canes game on national tv, but all 3 of the TVs in my house were taken. So I went into a closet and found this old 13 inch tv that my dad had used like 20 years ago. I actually managed to get it hooked up and watch the game. The canes ended up losing in OT on a really stupid play. I got ticked off and kicked it, and put my foot right through the screen.

In 02-03 I went to the home opener and home finale, along with at least 25 games.

Same with 03-04

In 03 I near fell asleep atn the CAR/ LAK matchup...the Canes forced overtime where I witnessed the first STAALsmash on home ice.

haha that is funny about the tv!! The thing I hate about living in calgary and being a 'Canes fan is I never get to see the games!! UGH!!! I can listen to them over the internet but it isn't the same!!

*** Sneaked out of work when I was 16 to go see the whalers play in their first NHL playoff series. Their 1st year in the nhl vs the habs...game 3 loss in OT....habs move on.

*** Proudest- 1) watching the whale beat 1st place Quebec in the playoffs and watching the whale play their last game in Hartford

2) Gonna toot my own horn for a second. Play goal on my hockey team. Coming in fifth place on my mens league team (out of eight) working our way up the playoffs , until we win the championship by eliminating the 1st place team in a shootout.

No kidding there I was...at the Dorton Arena, Raleigh NC. (Raleigh Icecaps for all you young ones) Yelling expletives to the Greensboro Monarchs...when all of a sudden a Greensboro player removed his gum from his mouth and hproceeded to launch it my way...I caught it and fired it back with success.

Ral Icecaps 6, GBO Monarchs 3.

thanks for the suggestion; the thing is, my mom thinks I am addicted to hockey; I asked her for that but she says she won't because my 'addiction' would only get worse. so, I am stuck listening!! Thanks though!! I heard from somewhere that you could watch games over the internet... is that true??

thanks for the suggestion; the thing is, my mom thinks I am addicted to hockey; I asked her for that but she says she won't because my 'addiction' would only get worse. so, I am stuck listening!! Thanks though!! I heard from somewhere that you could watch games over the internet... is that true??

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl;_ylt=Ao74LA6re...xzwJ464hqM5nYcB

Canes are on Monday at 9 EST.

I don't think I've ever done anything crazy or weird..

That might be difficult to understand, coming from me. Haha.

Well, here's an idea.. me and my father plan on driving to Pennsylvania in March to go see a Habs game. We're going to drive there, see the game, spend the night and in the morning drive back. :D Just to show how much I love my team.

Hockey is not an addiction....It's a way of life! :lol:

Hockey is not an addiction....It's a way of life! :lol:

Eat, sleep, watch Canes hockey; eating and sleeping optional. ;)