The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Cowtown-Cane

Weirdest Thing You've done...

It's not weird, it's just that I ain't gonna miss one second of an away game that's televised. If the phone rings, if clothes need coming out of the dryer, if the fried chicken needs turning in the pan, if the dog needs to go pee pee, etc., I put the TV on pause, do what I have to do and then come back to the remote. That's the thing I so love about TWC DVR ! You won't miss a thing!

thanks for the suggestion; the thing is, my mom thinks I am addicted to hockey; I asked her for that but she says she won't because my 'addiction' would only get worse. so, I am stuck listening!! Thanks though!! I heard from somewhere that you could watch games over the internet... is that true??

Hockey is not an addiction....It's a way of life! :lol:

Eat, sleep, watch Canes hockey; eating and sleeping optional. ;)

Life is Carolina Hurricanes Hockey. Everything else is just a game.

Hockey is not an addiction....It's a way of life!

I completely agree; that is why I come here, I can talk and talk about hockey and I won't get the blank stare. My family says their hockey fans, [well, except for my mom; she says its 'too violent'.], but they never really show that they are. Like, who wouldn't cheer for their home team when it is doing well? True fans stick with their team when they aren't doing so well. I guess you could call them bandwagoners... It is just frustrating though because they just don't like to or want to listen when I am talking about something I LOVE. Sorry.... I just am sick of the blank stares and the 'you're crazy' comments... Here's to all the crazy hockey fans out there!! Cheers!!

What is the weirdest thing you have done watching hockey? Or what is your proudest moment watching hockey?

I don't know if you'd call it "weird", but an old girlfriend of mine and I had a "second intermission tradition". Of course, since this would get us banned from the RBC Center (then the ESA) for life we had to reserve it for televised games. I don't recall what our batting average was, but does it really matter?

Proudest moment as a member of the Caniac Nation. That's a slam dunk. It would have to be being part of the thunderous ovation at the end of Game 6 of the East Quarterfinals in 2001. We were down 5-1 in the game and 3-2 in the series to New Jersey when with about 5 minutes left in our season the entire crowd stands and begins screaming "Let's Go Canes!" at inhuman decibel levels. It was too loud to even hear the PA announcer and continued for several minutes after the final horn. I still get chills when I think about it, and I still believe that was the beginning of the run to the Finals in 2002.

I was also there to see Rod raise the Cup and that certainly takes a very close #2 on the proudest moments list. But it's easy to be a fan when you're hoisting the Holy Grail. The proudest I have been of Caniac Nation was their show of support when we bowed OUT of the playoffs. That's when you find out who the True Believers really are.

Don't know if this qualifies...

It was the night before Game 7. I had a very vivid dream of the Oilers skating the Cup on the RBC Center ice. I woke up in a panic and looked at the clock and realized that, mercifully, the game hadn't happened yet.

I also did a very weird spontaneous dance during Game 2 of the Montreal series this summer, my roommate had a good time making fun of me. :D

Exactly...I don't know how many times I've tried to explain to people that hockey is more than a sport, it's a lifestyle. They just don't understand. haha :)

Exactly...I don't know how many times I've tried to explain to people that hockey is more than a sport, it's a lifestyle. They just don't understand. haha :)

It really is.

I completely agree; that is why I come here, I can talk and talk about hockey and I won't get the blank stare. My family says their hockey fans, [well, except for my mom; she says its 'too violent'.], but they never really show that they are. Like, who wouldn't cheer for their home team when it is doing well? True fans stick with their team when they aren't doing so well. I guess you could call them bandwagoners... It is just frustrating though because they just don't like to or want to listen when I am talking about something I LOVE. Sorry.... I just am sick of the blank stares and the 'you're crazy' comments... Here's to all the crazy hockey fans out there!! Cheers!!

Hockey is where we live..life is just a place we go inbetween games

hum...Well I guess it would have to be after the Stanley Cup finals. My buddy and I were watching the game ...drinking...After the second period we decided that if Carolina won we'd crack beer bottles after over heads in celebration....yea...You know it's amazing when you're really canned you don't feel it......

..the next morning is another story. 4 lumps to the skull cap and 1 in the back...and the worst headache I've ever experienced...

Kids do not try this...It's not a very good idea.

hum...Well I guess it would have to be after the Stanley Cup finals. My buddy and I were watching the game ...drinking...After the second period we decided that if Carolina won we'd crack beer bottles after over heads in celebration....yea...You know it's amazing when you're really canned you don't feel it......

..the next morning is another story. 4 lumps to the skull cap and 1 in the back...and the worst headache I've ever experienced...

Kids do not try this...It's not a very good idea.

I salute you...

"Weirdest Thing You've done..."

Actually considering doing this:

2. I was watching a game back in 2002, and the score was tied. I grabbed my cat, knelt in front of the TV and said "I'll sacrifice this cat for a goal!" 1 second later Brindy scored one.

:lol:

This is why I come here; you guys totally understand me. I am not just a freak of nature here. I emailed some friends telling them it was Kipper's b-day. I got a few response saying they weren't sure who Kipper is... :shock: Another had to ask if Kipper stood for Kiprusoff... man, it is good to talk to you guys! Thanks for listening!

About the bear bottle smashing... HAHAHA that is so funny!!! How is your head now?? haha Hope you are ok!!

Hockey is where we live..life is just a place we go inbetween games

HAHAHA...sooo true. :lol:

About the bear bottle smashing... HAHAHA that is so funny!!! How is your head now?? haha Hope you are ok!!

Cowsers, it hurt like crazy. But its all good now. Thankfully I wasnt my buddy who knocked himself out with a Jagermeister Bottle after smashing four beer bottles.