The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
coastal_caniac

Happy Turkey Day Everybody!

It can't be this bad forever.  Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks Coastal, nice gesture.

Nope.  Forever? That would be not having ANY Hockey here in Carolina.  I'm thankful that we do.  Happy Thanksgiving!

You're right coastal, this is just hockey.  While it is so important to us at times, we still have so much to be thankfull for.

Of course I'm thankfull that my family is healthy and we all are working (no small feat in today's economy).  I'll have most of my family at the house today plus a friend or two.  Both of my parents are in their 70's and doing well.  My wife's mother has been fighting cancer, but it is in remission.  We live in the greatest country in the world (Canada is a close 2nd because they have hockey).  I have a lot to be thankfull for in those respects.

How about the hockey?  We've seen Lord Stanley's Cup hoisted on the RBC ice recently.  We've seen Jussi break Marty's heart (and stick).  We've been to the ECF's 3 times, the SCF's 2 times, and won the Cup 1 time in the 12 years that the Whalers became the Hurricanes.  I've met all the players and coaches and gotten to talk to them.  All of that is nice, but the hockey friends I've made either at the RBC or thru this and other Canes forums is the real prize here.  I am thankfull for all the hockey things but most thankfull for my hockey friends.  We may not always agree, but it's like family, we still love each other when it's all said and done.

Happy Thanksgiving Caniacs.

I am Thankful I have tickets to Monday nights game and they are VERY good seats happy.gif  and that my 2 sons (who have never been to a game) my nephew (who plays L.Wing for the Tenn.Walers) my brother and 3 friends from work will all be there... 8 people...9 seats in the row...woohooo LETS GO CANES... I am  THANKFUL to have HOCKEY IN CAROLINA... win or lose... HAPPY THANKSGIVING CANIACSwink.gif

As a southerner who has been a hockey fan all my life(48 YRS.)  will always be thankful for NHL in carolina. Thanks all you knowledgeable fans who help make it all so much more interesting and fun. No more trips to DC to see the great ones. I'm even thankful we will still make a run at playoffs, but early exit this time around.

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday and enjoyed whoever they spent the day with.  I drew the short straw and had to work a half day but it was more fun than work and I figured a half day at work would be less time at home I could spend over-eating. 

At least thats the story I'm sticking with smile.gif.

Thanks to all who kept their eyes on the board for us yesterday so everyone could enjoy the day.

It can't be this bad forever.  Happy Thanksgiving!
If we all have a roof over our heads and were able to spend Thursday with at least one loved one, then our Thanksgivings were better than we realize. Belated best holiday wishes to some of the nicest folks I've come to know online in a very, very long time.

Jan/GSBG

As a southerner who has been a hockey fan all my life(48 YRS.)  will always be thankful for NHL in carolina ... 

I'm in a situation fairly similar to yours, cb: a 48-year-old native to her area (Southern California) who's a devoted puck fan. Like you, I never fail to appreciate how fortunate we hockey fans in untraditional hockey markets are to have NHL teams in our area. Please accept my belated wishes for a  joyous and memorable Thanksgiving from across the miles -- 2,530 of 'em.

Jan/GSBG