The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Tiger Woods Seriously Injured in Car Crash, Agent Says He Is Fine

Tiger Woods was seriously injured Friday morning in a car accident, the Florida Highway Patrol says, but his agent said Friday afternoon that he is fine.

The Orlando Sentinel

reports that Woods pulled out of his driveway at about 2:25 a.m., struck a fire hydrant and drove into a tree on a neighbor's property. Orange County Fire Rescue received a call for aid at Woods' residence at 2:28 AM ET.

Woods, who was driving a 2009 black Escalade, was taken to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee, Florida, in serious condition.

WESH 2 News reports that Woods has been treated for facial lacerations. According to WESH, the Florida Highway Patrol has determined that alcohol was not a factor in the crash.

According to the Sentinel, Health Central Hospital said at approximately 2:30 PM ET that Woods was not currently at the hospital, but it was not clear whether he was treated and released.

CNN, Fox News, ESPN and other TV stations broke into live programming to report on the accident, which raised fears about one of America's biggest sports stars. But good news came at about 3 PM ET when Darren Rovell of CNBC reported that Woods' agent said, "He is fine."

http://golf.fanhouse.com/2009/11/27/tiger-woods-seriously-injured-in-car-crash/

2:25am and he ran over a fire hydrant and hit a tree on the neighbors lawn?  Hmmm.....

I guess he got real mad......he has finally had enough of the Canes losingroll.gif

After several days of sorting through this story, I think his wife took care of some family business.

BDD_TW_clubbed_12209.jpg

the Boston Globe has been having a field day with this one laugh.gif

Mr. GSBG and I have discussed their situation the last few days, and wondered why Tiger was messing around with a dumpy little bartender when he has a Swedish supermodel for a wife. Go figure, folks.

*shrugs, still puzzled*

Jan/GSBG

Mr. GSBG and I have discussed their situation the last few days, and wondered why Tiger was messing around with a dumpy little bartender when he has a Swedish supermodel for a wife. Go figure, folks.

*shrugs, still puzzled*

Jan/GSBG

that thought crossed my mind to, was she just too "hot" for him so he had to trade down?  Sorta like Bill Clinton, has the greatest pickup line around ("hey pretty lady, would you like to go for a ride in Air Force One?") yet he goes for Ms. Lewinsky!!

Thanks for the reply, c97. (Yes, it's great to hear from you again.) When I first took a look at the photo of the bar girl, I shook my head in disbelief. "What gives?" I asked. Not that I'm any great shakes these days in the looks department, but I'm beyond perplexed at Tiger's choices.

Jan/GSBG

*shrugs, still puzzled*

Jan/GSBG

Looks aren't everything....perhaps she knows alot about golfsmile.gif

*shrugs, still puzzled*

Jan/GSBG

not excusing his "transgressions" but swedish and supermodel don't always = happy relationship, not that I have any experience with the swedish supermodels, but once you get beyond the looks, whats left? I think zoolander whenever I think of models, so I can't imagine having to live with the likes laugh.gif The bartender maybe has good "personality"? roll.gif

[quote name='caniac-97 wrote:

GreatsavebyGerber']Mr. GSBG and I have discussed their situation the last few days, and wondered why Tiger was messing around with a dumpy little bartender when he has a Swedish supermodel for a wife. Go figure, folks.

*shrugs, still puzzled*

Jan/GSBG

that thought crossed my mind to, was she just too "hot" for him so he had to trade down?  Sorta like Bill Clinton, has the greatest pickup line around ("hey pretty lady, would you like to go for a ride in Air Force One?") yet he goes for Ms. Lewinsky!!

Say an amusement park builds the greatest roller coaster in the world.  It's fast, it has loops, I mean it's great.  You ride that and know that it just doesn't get any better than that.  Then you go get in line to ride the oldest roller coaster in the park.  Why?  It may not be as flashy and shiny as the new one, but it's still fun to ride.

Disclaimer:  I'm not justifying why Tiger did anything or saying that it's okay.  I just think people try to analyze too much into why people cheat.  They just do sometimes.

Say an amusement park builds the greatest roller coaster in the world.  It's fast, it has loops, I mean it's great.  You ride that and know that it just doesn't get any better than that.  Then you go get in line to ride the oldest roller coaster in the park.  Why?  It may not be as flashy and shiny as the new one, but it's still fun to ride.

Disclaimer:  I'm not justifying why Tiger did anything or saying that it's okay.  I just think people try to analyze too much into why people cheat.  They just do sometimes.

Mr. G and I have been riding a pretty established roller coaster of marriage -- one made official Feb. 20, 1988 -- and it's the one we'll be riding from here on out. And if you think that's long, consider the one my parents have been on: opened Aug. 28, 1948.

FYI -- and, hopefully, to cap this discussion -- Mr. G and I merely uttered a few sentences about Tiger's disgression; we weren't trying to analyze it. (And, no, we don't instantly associate Swedish with supermodel; Elin N. Woods truly made her living as a supermodel before tying the knot.) While I'm at it, I'll add that cheating on a spouse -- that "it's just done sometimes," according to sd -- leaves a far greater, more permanent mess than spilling some milk on the kitchen floor, something nearly all of us just do sometimes.

Here's hoping this ends the Tiger discussion.

Jan/GSBG

[quote name='GreatsavebyGerber wrote:

super-dave-1']

Mr. G and I have been riding a pretty established roller coaster of marriage -- one made official Feb. 20, 1988 -- and it's the one we'll be riding from here on out. And if you think that's long, consider the one my parents have been on: opened Aug. 28, 1948.

FYI -- and, hopefully, to cap this discussion -- Mr. G and I merely uttered a few sentences about Tiger's disgression; we weren't trying to analyze it. (And, no, we don't instantly associate Swedish with supermodel; Elin N. Woods truly made her living as a supermodel before tying the knot.) While I'm at it, I'll add that cheating on a spouse -- that "it's just done sometimes," according to sd -- leaves a far greater, more permanent mess than spilling some milk on the kitchen floor, something nearly all of us just do sometimes.

Jan/GSBG

Now don't read too much into what I wrote.  I was mainly speaking about many of the articles I've seen since this whole mess started (like the one in USAToday this morning http://www.usatoday.com/n...N.htm?poe=HFMostPopular) about why men cheat.  These rocket scientist have decided that men cheat because they aren't having all their "needs" met at home.  I was just saying that sometimes a man or woman can have everything he or she could possibly need and want at home and that still isn't going to stop him or her from straying.  Sometimes it does just happen and there is no explanation other than the person in question decided that it was worth the consequences.

It was mentioned that the Swedish swimsuit model, Mrs. Woods was better looking than the women that Tiger was allegedly seeing on the side.  I was just trying to say that good looks aren't the whole deal.  It certainly was compared to spilling milk as a thing that just happens.

As far as roller coasters go, mine is 17 years old and the ride is still a thrill every time.   Ms. sd wonders why I insist on holding both arms up in the air.

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

GreatsavebyGerber wrote:

super-dave-1']

FYI -- and, hopefully, to cap this discussion -- Mr. G and I merely uttered a few sentences about Tiger's disgression; we weren't trying to analyze it. (And, no, we don't instantly associate
Swedish
with
supermodel
; Elin N. Woods truly made her living as a supermodel before tying the knot.) While I'm at it, I'll add that cheating on a spouse -- that "it's just done sometimes," according to
sd
-- leaves a far greater, more permanent mess than spilling some milk on the kitchen floor, something nearly all of us
just do sometimes

Jan/GSBG

Now don't read too much into what I wrote.  I was mainly speaking about many of the articles I've seen since this whole mess started (like the one in USAToday this morning http://www.usatoday.com/n...N.htm?poe=HFMostPopular) about why men cheat.  These rocket scientist have decided that men cheat because they aren't having all their "needs" met at home.  I was just saying that sometimes a man or woman can have everything he or she could possibly need and want at home and that still isn't going to stop him or her from straying.  Sometimes it does just happen and there is no explanation other than the person in question decided that it was worth the consequences.

It was mentioned that the Swedish swimsuit model, Mrs. Woods was better looking than the women that Tiger was allegedly seeing on the side.  I was just trying to say that good looks aren't the whole deal.  It certainly was compared to spilling milk as a thing that just happens.

As far as roller coasters go, mine is 17 years old and the ride is still a thrill every time.   Ms. sd wonders why I insist on holding both arms up in the air.You hold both arms in the air because you just "ain't right" as they say in your neck of the woods!!

[quote name='caniac-97 wrote:

super-dave-1 wrote:

GreatsavebyGerber']Mr. G and I have been riding a pretty established roller coaster of marriage -- one made official Feb. 20, 1988 -- and it's the one we'll be riding from here on out. And if you think that's long, consider the one my parents have been on: opened Aug. 28, 1948.

FYI -- and, hopefully, to cap this discussion -- Mr. G and I merely uttered a few sentences about Tiger's disgression; we weren't trying to analyze it. (And, no, we don't instantly associate
Swedish
with
supermodel
; Elin N. Woods truly made her living as a supermodel before tying the knot.) While I'm at it, I'll add that cheating on a spouse -- that "it's just done sometimes," according to
sd
-- leaves a far greater, more permanent mess than spilling some milk on the kitchen floor, something nearly all of us
just do sometimes

Jan/GSBG

Now don't read too much into what I wrote.  I was mainly speaking about many of the articles I've seen since this whole mess started (like the one in USAToday this morning
about why men cheat.  These rocket scientist have decided that men cheat because they aren't having all their "needs" met at home.  I was just saying that sometimes a man or woman can have everything he or she could possibly need and want at home and that still isn't going to stop him or her from straying.  Sometimes it does just happen and there is no explanation other than the person in question decided that it was worth the consequences.

As far as roller coasters go, mine is 17 years old and the ride is still a thrill every time.   Ms. sd wonders why I insist on holding both arms up in the air.
You hold both arms in the air because you just "ain't right" as they say in your neck of the woods!!

I guess to qualify about my roller coaster being 17 years old.  The missus and I have been married for 17 years, not that she is 17 years old.  That would make me some kind of dirty old man and I couldn't live with myself if I thought you fine people had that opinion of me.

And 97, I am too right.

[quote name='super-dave-1 wrote:

caniac-97 wrote:

super-dave-1']Now don't read too much into what I wrote.  I was mainly speaking about many of the articles I've seen since this whole mess started (like the one in USAToday this morning
about why men cheat.  These rocket scientist have decided that men cheat because they aren't having all their "needs" met at home.  I was just saying that sometimes a man or woman can have everything he or she could possibly need and want at home and that still isn't going to stop him or her from straying.  Sometimes it does just happen and there is no explanation other than the person in question decided that it was worth the consequences.

You hold both arms in the air because you just "ain't right" as they say in your neck of the woods!!

I guess to qualify about my roller coaster being 17 years old.  The missus and I have been married for 17 years, not that she is 17 years old.  That would make me some kind of dirty old man and I couldn't live with myself if I thought you fine people had that opinion of me.

And 97, I am too right.

You ain't right but that isn't a bad thing, it is a uniquely SuperDave way!!  It was a compliment!!