The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
chucktown-caniac

Fan Boycott

Power to the People!  That is the only way anything is going to change.  I understand the thought about being a fan and supporting your team but for crying out loud, how long do we have to continue to support this mess?  It is like a business right?  Let's say you have been buying a certain product and then the company making that product changes it and you no longer like the product.  Do you still spend your money on it just becuase you "used" to like it and is the right thing to do?  Don't think so.

I think this is a rather silly suggestion that can't and won't work. I much prefer the alternative where we do go to the games and Boo the team to let them know about our displeasure.

Wouldn't work. The vast majority of the tickets that have been sold are to STH who have already invested in the team.  Those who may decide to not to come are those, like myself, who do have tickets because the game is not included on their mini-plans. 

As much as the Canes ' fans hate the Caps, they are a very good hockey team.  This alone will draw hockey fams.

A one game boycott will not send a message.  What will send a clear message is a clear decline in the number of advance and day of game sales

Last time this franchise had fans who decided not to show up to voice displeasure, they woke up to find their team moved in the middle of the night. Let's be real the team is struggling and not making any money. There are plenty of cities who will support the team financially no matter what. Do we want the team gone so we can cry like the whalers fans about how they betrayed us and moved since we didn;t offer them support?

I think this is a rather silly suggestion that can't and won't work. I much prefer the alternative where we do go to the games and Boo the team to let them know about our displeasure.
Does anyone really think that Karmanos thinks fans are happy about the season?!?!? Do you think he is??!?!? Let's be real

This is an awful team right now. We have every right to complain and every right Boo if we want. But come on.. this is our team. I grew up a Ranger fan. Talk about suffering, that team hadn't won a Cup since before I was born and I was born a long time ago.  Once they finally won it they haven't won it again.  Many here are Red Sox fans. Talk about a long suffering fan base. They didn't give up on their BoSox and finally the were rewarded with World Series wins. 

In a decade on Raleigh Ice this team has taken us to  playoffs, gone to 2 finals and won the CUP. Last year we had a great run to the Eastern Conference finals.  When we fell,we fell hard but its still our team skating in a great game.  A Boycott helps no one and hurts

our reputation around the league. God knows nobody around the league needs  much of an excuse to call us names anyway.

Stay with the Canes!

Wouldn't work. The vast majority of the tickets that have been sold are to STH who have already invested in the team.  Those who may decide to not to come are those, like myself, who do have tickets because the game is not included on their mini-plans. 

As much as the Canes ' fans hate the Caps, they are a very good hockey team.  This alone will draw hockey fams.

A one game boycott will not send a message.  What will send a clear message is a clear decline in the number of advance and day of game sales

The big question is what happens when it is time to renew your tickets for next year.  Like stated above the season ticket holders are already commited for this year but what happens for next year??  Management realizes this too and that they must make changes that makes sense and shows their commitment to reload and quickly. 

I strongly agree-  but I boo at the games at get stared at and even chewed out by other fans.  I've been told I need to support the team... I clearly am supporting the team by paying to be there... more than most people in Raleigh can say

Ok,ok, sorry my emotions are getting the better of me. After last night & especially Friday night, I've just beeen so pissed about the 3rd period melt downs. You're right, a boycott would do more harm than good, and I'd rather have a cellar dwellar than no team at all.

Ok,ok, sorry my emotions are getting the better of me. After last night & especially Friday night, I've just beeen so pissed about the 3rd period melt downs. You're right, a boycott would do more harm than good, and I'd rather have a cellar dwellar than no team at all.
No worries chucktown. We are all a little angry and disillusioned.

NO BOYCOTT !

I want hockey in Raleigh!  Every team struggles---every team has successes. It is part of having a team here.

Get real folks---ups and downs are part of LIFE in general.

They probably need our support more when they struggle than any other time !!!

GO CANES !!!

I understand everyone's upset and frustrated and I've seen the OP has changed his/her mind but I'd like to add that this team does a lot of good for the community and the fans, probably more than most other "big 4" teams, and we need to just keep calm and look to the future. We are not doomed to misery forever.

NO BOYCOTT !

I want hockey in Raleigh!  Every team struggles---every team has successes. It is part of having a team here.

GO CANES !!!

Well Said!!! Win or lose they are my team... I am a Buffalo Bills fan.. nuff said LOL

Last time this franchise had fans who decided not to show up to voice displeasure, they woke up to find their team moved in the middle of the night. Let's be real the team is struggling and not making any money. There are plenty of cities who will support the team financially no matter what. Do we want the team gone so we can cry like the whalers fans about how they betrayed us and moved since we didn;t offer them support?

The moved for reasons other than fan support, they wanted a shiney new arena and the town of Hartford said no!!  Didn't matter about the fans.

As fans all we ask is that you put a competitive product on the ice, none of us expect the team to go undefeated but we shouldn't have to tolerate and pay for what we have seen this season.

[quote name='caniac-97 wrote:

carolinahurricanes1997']Last time this franchise had fans who decided not to show up to voice displeasure, they woke up to find their team moved in the middle of the night. Let's be real the team is struggling and not making any money. There are plenty of cities who will support the team financially no matter what. Do we want the team gone so we can cry like the whalers fans about how they betrayed us and moved since we didn;t offer them support?

The moved for reasons other than fan support, they wanted a shiney new arena and the town of Hartford said no!!  Didn't matter about the fans.

As fans all we ask is that you put a competitive product on the ice, none of us expect the team to go undefeated but we shouldn't have to tolerate and pay for what we have seen this season.

...and none of us expected to go un-victorious either.

NO BOYCOTT !

GO CANES !!!

This is beyond just "a struggle", something is really foul in the locker room and needs to be eradicated.

Man this is a stupid thread. Management did everything they could this off-season. They even spent to the cap, something we have been begging for! All the experts thought we would be a contender but it didn't work out. Personally, thats what makes this season tolerable for me. JR did what everyone thought he should do. At least he tried. If on the other hand he didn't do anything this off season, spent to the cap floor and we had a season like this, that is a completely different story because in that situation he set us up to fail. If that were the case then yea I could see being angry but come on.

Man this is a stupid thread. Management did everything they could this off-season. They even spent to the cap, something we have been begging for! All the experts thought we would be a contender but it didn't work out. Personally, thats what makes this season tolerable for me. JR did what everyone thought he should do. At least he tried. If on the other hand he didn't do anything this off season, spent to the cap floor and we had a season like this, that is a completely different story because in that situation he set us up to fail. If that were the case then yea I could see being angry but come on.

I disagree with this thread being stupid.  Now I'm not about to boycott anything and you are right about JR spending, but something has to change with what's happening now.  All we have gotten are statements from JR that he isn't going to make any changes and let's see what happens.  It's a little late now for that kind of thinking.  My faith in JR has been shaken by this inaction and made me re-evaluate his moves and in hindsight, they haven't been great.

We haven't even gotten to December and the season is over.  That is unacceptable.   We aren't the Lions or the Clippers.

I don't blame JR, our problems are motivation and leadership.  Mo is responsible for the motivation and Brindy the leadership.

First of all, I would never pass on the chance to see Ovechkin! Second, I being born in Boston, have been a Red Sox fan for all of my 55 years. A great many of those years the Sox were awful. They finally did what it took to be a consistent winner. The Canes are having a bad year. Our goal scorers couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. Our D got slow and stupid. The Coaches don't seem to have the answers. JR made some bad choices instead of swallowing his pride,and re sign Babs and Seids. Hang in there! It looks like this won't be the Canes year, but things will get better.

Anbody who isn't a STH, or has hard earned dollar invested into this season, who asks me to boycott a game should be willing to ride down the road and toss $150 out the window.  From that perspective this is a stupid thread.

Anbody who isn't a STH, or has hard earned dollar invested into this season, who asks me to boycott a game should be willing to ride down the road and toss $150 out the window.  From that perspective this is a stupid thread.
I won't boycott as in not go to a game I have already paid for, might ask for a refund for remaining games if it gets too bad but this

WILL influence my decision to renew.