The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

AO suspended two games....no kidding

Considering this is AO's 2nd game misconduct for the same infraction in a week, I don't give a dang if AO is a big name star in the NHL, he is risking other team's players careers with his recklessness.

Thankfully Timmy G. was able to return and for Backstrom to make a stupid comment that they got 20 other guys to step up, when he is going to say when CC steps in and suspends AO for a few games. I don't mean, 1 or 2 games, I am says 5 games min. Send a message not only to AO but the rest of the league that knee on knee or leg to leg hits are not going to be tolerated.

AO is the biggest offender of this. Now I will get off the soap box.

I'm telling everyone right now, either he 1. Injures himself so badly he's lost for a long period of time, or 2. He injures someone else so bad that someone will injure him. He is an exciting player to watch but he plays with reckless abandoment all too often that it is going to affect his career one day, one way or another. And because I just have a feeling someone may jump on me, no I'm not wishing harm on him at all, I'm just speaking what I see in his future.

I'm telling everyone right now, either he 1. Injures himself so badly he's lost for a long period of time, or 2. He injures someone else so bad that someone will injure him. He is an exciting player to watch but he plays with reckless abandoment all too often that it is going to affect his career one day, one way or another. And because I just have a feeling someone may jump on me, no I'm not wishing harm on him at all, I'm just speaking what I see in his future.
Thats actually the same sentiment on the Caps board too.  What I'm afraid will happen is that because Gleason was able to return and play the rest of the game, he'll either get 1 game or none.

[quote name='topshelfavry wrote:

captain_jack88']I'm telling everyone right now, either he 1. Injures himself so badly he's lost for a long period of time, or 2. He injures someone else so bad that someone will injure him. He is an exciting player to watch but he plays with reckless abandoment all too often that it is going to affect his career one day, one way or another. And because I just have a feeling someone may jump on me, no I'm not wishing harm on him at all, I'm just speaking what I see in his future.

Thats actually the same sentiment on the Caps board too.  What I'm afraid will happen is that because Gleason was able to return and play the rest of the game, he'll either get 1 game or none.

None.  Compare and contrast Ruutu's suspension against AO's history and weak discipline (see: Gonchar hit).  None will be the answer -- again.

[quote name='wxray1 wrote:

topshelfavry wrote:

captain_jack88']I'm telling everyone right now, either he 1. Injures himself so badly he's lost for a long period of time, or 2. He injures someone else so bad that someone will injure him. He is an exciting player to watch but he plays with reckless abandoment all too often that it is going to affect his career one day, one way or another. And because I just have a feeling someone may jump on me, no I'm not wishing harm on him at all, I'm just speaking what I see in his future.

None.  Compare and contrast Ruutu's suspension against AO's history and weak discipline (see: Gonchar hit).  None will be the answer -- again.

I think you may be right so we'll just have to rely on poetic justice for this one.  I don't wish injury on anyone but this one AO can thank himself for.

Interesting flow chart, unfortunately, it's hilariously accurate.

I have a feeling as I stated on my facebook that seeing as how Tim is likely not injured that there will likely be no suspension. But... for once I agree with Tripp. Chickencrap has done this too many times to keep getting away with it and it is a habit.

He needs at least a 5-game suspension and if he has injured himself to the point of lost for the season, he learns nothing. Suspend for his first 5 games back, the man is borderline dirty. He plays with passion and heart, I admire that, but he has to control it, not leave his feet for every hit, not boarding people, and the kneeing HAS TO STOP!!!

Maybe the nhl should do what the kids checking leagues do. Put a stop sign above the nameplate.

I like the flow chart! But seriously, he'll never be suspended. It was an obvious dirty play. I can't believe how little the CAR guy was actually involved in the hit. It was entirely OV leaning out with the knee as far as he could. A dumb move, probably an instant decision, but he deserves a suspension. You'll never see it though, and never more than 2 games. You'll really NEVER see Crosby get one either. Malkin is possibly the dirtiest of all three superstars, and he'll probably never get more than 2-3 games.

mad.gifOV will likely get no suspension because of who he is.

That being said-----since Corvo and Gleason are usually on him like glue when they play us---it

wouldn't be a stretch to think it it could have been on purpose. mad.gif

Gleason came back (but I bet that knee is sore for a while) NHL said OV was icing his knee

and would get an MRI tomorrow. He is just back from being out for a while with a shoulder issue.

As he gets older--my guess is he will lose some of that reckless abandon---his body will only

let him get by with so much. Contrary to what some OV fans might think, he is human, after all !!!

Haha, definately based on that flow chart, no suspension.  See the second box from the top on the far right.

As he gets older--my guess is he will lose some of that reckless abandon---his body will only

let him get by with so much. Contrary to what some OV fans might think, he is human, after all !!!

Agreed, I seriously believe Washington is going to regret that monster contract he signed someday. As I said earlier, he's exciting to watch, but all those hits he throws are going to come back at him.

I was at the game and the play occured alomst directly in my line of sight.  It looked as if there was a clear intent to injur and he injured himself in the process.  Given the game misconducts of the past few games, there must be a clear disciplary penalty once he is able to return to the ice.

Ruutu got a three game suspension when a sloppy hit caused injury.   This was a clear intent to imjur deserving at least a ten game suspension.  He will get three games at best.

Isn't the idea/purpose of discipline to correct the "bad" behavior and make sure it doesn't happen again? Or better yet, correct it before there are serious consequences?

This is one instance that the league needs to say 2 games, even though there was no major injury to Gleason. The intent was there. Ovenchicken's behavior needs to be corrected BEFORE there is a serious injury. He's thrown his knee out before...last year in the playoffs on Gonchar.

Of course, 'Colon' Campbell will do nothing. Find some reason not act, even though this is OV's 2nd game misconduct this week (boarding call)! Lest we forget he also slew-footed Atlanta's Peverely last month.

roll.gifGiven that Brooks Oprik got 3 games for breaking Erik Coles neck, I think Overchicken will be forced to brush his teeth at least twice in one day.

Oh the horrors.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Colon Campbell gets tired flipping that quarter?

I would be surprised to see any kind of suspension. I agree with everyone on here that is saying because of his name, he will get nothing. I love the BB comments after the game. He tried his best to defend OV.

This guy makes me sick.  As I said in the PGA, he's going to end someone's career before it's over.  It is un-freaking-real to me how the league lets him off the hook time and time again, yet Ruutu gets a suspension for what I and many others think was an accidental injury.  

How much damage does one guy have to do before he's punished?  If the keyword is "intent", then Ovechkin should have been suspended for life by now.

This is what you'll hear today: "Colin Campbell has a difficult job.  He's doing the best he can.  Blah, blah, blah."

msgtcody forgot to add part 2 of the flow chart.  In the post season, all bets are off with the original flow chart, haha.

4093950406_8cb48d5493_o.jpg

Great flow chart Msgt. Cody.   I got a couple guilty chuckles out of it, mainly because it rings about true.  Very classic find there, or if you made it, you are very witty.

The hit happened right in front of our seats in 108.  I saw it up close and personal.  Sure looked like Ovi swung out his leg once Gleason made the move to slip his hit.