The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
iswim_udrown

Whos your least favorite hockey team?

i jumped on the hate Buffalo bandwagon when i got into hockey last year.

But I really do not like the penguins because they got good simply because they were hideous for the last half of the 90s and first half of the 00's, and got very good picks.plus, their fans always come across as high and mighty. Someone tell them that the Penguins nearly relocated three times in the last three decades. Or that before Lemieux, avg. attendance was only 7000.

charra is a beast and needs to go back to africa

image say what now? that was kind of random

Anyways I dislike Detroit, mostly because of their fanbase, I do respect the team though.

It constantly changes, but Buffalo is usually near or at the top of my least favorite list, but only because of their local drunken idiot bandwagon "fans", not because of the team or the true and classy fans.

Bruins hands down because of the old rivalry with the Whalers and Über-homerism from their commentators.
Awwww, you don't like Jack Edwards?  laugh.gif

[quote name='topshelfavry wrote:

krad']Bruins hands down because of the old rivalry with the Whalers and Über-homerism from their commentators.

Awwww, you don't like Jack Edwards?  laugh.gif

Actually it was more Derek Sanderson on Ch 38 who always made me wish someone would pin his lips to the mic with a fork. When I saw him as VIP at Wesley's banner raising I nearly turned the TV off. Yea, I hate him THAT much lol 

[quote name='krad wrote:

topshelfavry wrote:

krad']

Bruins hands down because of the old rivalry with the Whalers and Über-homerism from their commentators.

Awwww, you don't like Jack Edwards?

The Chiquita Banana Worms are by far my least favorite team

(Aka the Buffalo Sabres yeeeeck)

I was in the Asheville Christmas Parade a couple of weeks ago with the Asheville Hockey League and we went by some people who were saying

"Yay Hockey, We're from Buffalo!"  I proceeded to give them a thumbs down sign and boo and whether they knew what I was talking about or not I yelled Go 'Canes!

Whether it was appropriate or not is up for debate but it was reactionary from years of seeing assanine Buffalo fans

The Chiquita Banana Worms are by far my least favorite team

(Aka the Buffalo Sabres yeeeeck)

I was in the Asheville Christmas Parade a couple of weeks ago with the Asheville Hockey League and we went by some people who were saying

"Yay Hockey, We're from Buffalo!"  I proceeded to give them a thumbs down sign and boo and whether they knew what I was talking about or not I yelled Go 'Canes!

Whether it was appropriate or not is up for debate but it was reactionary from years of seeing assanine Buffalo fans

I'll give you 2 thumbs up on the gesture.

Florida.  I can't even explain why.

2 words.... Dennis Potvin  wink.gif

Even though Potvin got fired I actually still feel a little bad for their team, but I won't ever be able to cheer them on because of al the annoying Panther fans that have come here to troll over the years and have badmouthed our team and fans.

Florida.  I can't even explain why.

Even though Potvin got fired I actually still feel a little bad for their team, but I won't ever be able to cheer them on because of al the annoying Panther fans that have come here to troll over the years and have badmouthed our team and fans.

OBXer']Florida.  I can't even explain why.

Even though Potvin got fired I actually still feel a little bad for their team, but I won't ever be able to cheer them on because of al the annoying Panther fans that have come here to troll over the years and have badmouthed our team and fans.Works for me smile.gif

Pittsburgh, after the drunken idiot fans invaded the RBC during the ECF. Although if we had made the Finals, I would have had to disown my mother's half of my family(buncha filthy Wings fans. wink.gif)

Florida. More specifically Jacques Martin (Yes I know hes in montreal now) But what he said to the press and what Jokinen said at the end of the 06-07 season just never sat well with me ever. It implanted thoughts of diving in the minds of the panthers fans.

Buffalo. Horrible fans, just awful.

Pittsburgh. Horrible management and the league looks out for them. Anyone can tank for years and get great draft picks, it takes a great management like Detroit who get low picks and still turn them into gold.

Habs, will never forgive for the racial statement of the Banana being thrown on the ice at Weekes.

Some people would say that it doesnt represent the fanbase, but when the camera panned around a ton of people were laughing. Canes fans get the last laugh with how many times we've pimp smacked that franchise in the playoffs on thier "We deserve the cup this year" playoff runs.

OBXer']Florida.  I can't even explain why.

Even though Potvin got fired I actually still feel a little bad for their team, but I won't ever be able to cheer them on because of al the annoying Panther fans that have come here to troll over the years and have badmouthed our team and fans.I used to silently root for them back in the day, I loved the Beezer and really wanted him to get a cup in 96. Nowadays.... meh not so much. Luongo was a whiner, Belfour was is and will die a idiot and Vokoun I guess I think he's an idiot to. He's a good goalie playing for Florida, you can't be smart about your career if you do that right.

Burnnnnn. :D

My least favorite  team changes from time to time depending on circumstances but Florida is at the top of that list right now and has has been for a while.  I'll second the above, it's not as much the team as much as it is the fans.  I'd probably have more compassion for their team if their fans would just shut the heck up with the diving references.  It's so annoying that I hope that teams misses the playoffs for the next 11 years.

Washington seems to be rising on my list and may just take over that top spot.  I'm sick of their fans stating that "any team would love to have OV on their roster".  Guess what?  I don't.  Yeah I would love to have a player with his skill on my team, but not "that" man.  I just don't have respect for how he plays and that was before the Gleason incident.  It makes me even more aggrevated because I WANT to admire him for his skills and I just can't get past his need for attention with the silly antics and then there is the dirty play.  I can't wait to see them get knocked out of the playoffs again.

It constantly changes, but Buffalo is usually near or at the top of my least favorite list, but only because of their local drunken idiot bandwagon "fans", not because of the team or the true and classy fans.
Which one?!

Buffalo is in my hated team Hall of Fame because of a) their coach and B) their fans.  The team ... meh.  They're OK, and I actually like Miller.

Florida is up there too, mainly because of Potvin the super-idiot loudmouth, even though he was fired, and Ollie Jokinen even though he is no longer with the team.  Any team that has player(s), coach(es) and a spokesperson who blame one other team (the Hurricanes) and their phantom/supposed "diving" for all their woes and the fact that they cannot make the playoffs is highly suspect.  But rather than "hate" them, I just kinda "pity the fools".

The Penguins rose high in my hated roster during/after the ECFs last year.  Especially Malkin.

And the Red Wings are perenially up there there too.  Mainly because of a very homer-ish article written by Mitch Albom totally dissing the 'Canes back in the 2002 SCFs.  I won't ever buy - or read - one of his books for that very reason.  Not that I hold a grudge or anything.  laugh.gif

My least favorite  team changes from time to time depending on circumstances but Florida is at the top of that list right now and has has been for a while.  I'll second the above, it's not as much the team as much as it is the fans.  I'd probably have more compassion for their team if their fans would just shut the heck up with the diving references.  It's so annoying that I hope that teams misses the playoffs for the next 11 years.

Washington seems to be rising on my list and may just take over that top spot.  I'm sick of their fans stating that "any team would love to have OV on their roster".  Guess what?  I don't.  Yeah I would love to have a player with his skill on my team, but not "that" man.  I just don't have respect for how he plays and that was before the Gleason incident.  It makes me even more aggrevated because I WANT to admire him for his skills and I just can't get past his need for attention with the silly antics and then there is the dirty play.  I can't wait to see them get knocked out of the playoffs again.

Don't forget Gleasons knee on knee to Ovy last year. Or how about when Kevin Adams knee'd Gonchar? Can't forget that stuff.